• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Remy Choo Zheng Xi -- glorifying a position of aloof neutrality

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found! The PR strategist. Somewhere in the middle.

lee-kuan-yew-george.jpg

Can't they dress properly for a formal dinner ? especially the guy standing . Batik ? This ain't Indo or Malaysia Dude.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Compare Choo Zheng Xi with Facebooker Bryan Choo.

See the difference?

Bryan Choo:

https://www.facebook.com/beautifulseoul?fref=nf

How do you engineer a PR disaster for the most powerful man in Singapore? You sue one of your citizens.

(Please fire whoever advised you on this decision)

Like many Singaporeans around me, my political stance can be best described as "apathetic". But the results of the "Prime Minister of Singapore sues Blogger case" have been painful. So I've decided to share my thoughts from an analytical perspective.

Right now the suing has:

1. Raised Roy's prominence from political blogger to mainstream superstar. He is probably THE most famous blogger in Singapore at the moment, or at least the most talked about.

In other words, they have just empowered him instead of their intended effect of silencing him. Because of this, all his future posts will be significantly more influential and well read. And knowing Roy, his passion is never ever going to stop. So with that PM you have just created a living nightmare for yourself.

2. This case has created awareness and demands for transparency for CPF funds - which people have now realised are being managed in a piss-poor manner. And yes, this is all thanks to the defamation suit.

Why were our CPF interest rates suddenly reduced by almost half? Why do we get paid significantly less than the funds earnings on returns every year? How is this profit being spent? If the PM does head GIC, how can it be ensured there is no conflict of interest between use of the funds and returns for Singaporeans?

Nobody really cares about the frivolous defamatory remarks, but they want to know the answers to these questions.

It's got the whole of Singapore talking and its just going to create more resentment among us while undermining support for the incumbent government. On the plus side, there will more transparency introduced and maybe even changes made to the CPF scheme. Yes, all thanks to one blogger who started it all.

3. Cue a spike in "blogger engagement" campaigns with marketers with no idea what they are doing. Bloggers are the buzzword again.

4. This suing has made PM Lee appear petty not just to Singaporeans but in international media as well. Bloomberg just covered the story. Expect it to be disseminated on every major news network soon. The 70k crowd funding citizen vs prime minister is a very juicy headline.

Oh, did I mention how Roy earns a modest living as a public health care worker?

I'm really more concerned on how this will have an overall negative effect on Singapore - in terms of image, investment viability, tourism, etc. The PM's actions doesn't affect just himself, but the whole of Singapore.

5. The fact that Singaporeans do support him and he managed to crowd source fees is like a slap in the face to the PM. It is a significant sum and so the narrative in international media will be how its not some crazy dude like Chee Soon Juan, but rather, the people of Singapore support his cause and have donated money to find out the truth.

Conclusion:

Suing Roy so far has been a complete disaster for the PM.

Also, pretty sure Roy Ngerng Yi Ling just killed the defamation-till-you're-silenced business model. Good riddance to that. There is no doubt he will recover a substantial amount up to 500k for "defamation damages" should they eventuate - and that will just further humiliate the PM.

Lesson to be learned - don't sue your citizens. Although it may have worked for papa, it will NOT fly in this day and age. It's also pretty undemocratic.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....wasted my time......
a masturbating thread btween the doggies and master....
of course I am the doggie....woof..woof..woof.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you are papsmearer's dog. What are you doing here?

Did you lose your way home after chasing that bitch down the alley?
hahaha...i think you act blur....
you should know that scroobal has told papsmearer, the stubborn empty vessel, off in no uncertain term.....
i belongs to him....he is very protective about this...