• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Remembering Mah Bow Tan and his housing policies

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Wan is churning out so many flats within a year, averaging 25,000 or more. The latest announcement was 33,568 for this year. And this is still not enough and the demand is mounting.

With the benefits of hindsight, we can see what happened over the last few years. We, the low down untalented citizens, only have hindsight to say our piece. Foresight is only the reserve of the supertalents. With foresight, over the horizon ability, they could predict the future, plan ahead, nip problems in the bud before they went out of control. With hindsight, we can see how problems were not nip in the bud, no proactive actions, and problems got blown out of proportion.

We now know the cutting down of building HDB flats to less than 10,000 units for several years prior to Boon Wan’s ramping up the building of new flats was a gross mistake. We also know that there were pent up demands by a growing population. We also know that when HDB was not building enough flats, the population was increasing like crazy with hundreds of thousands of foreigners being allowed into the island and needing more flats. Hindsight can tell the uninformed and ill informed citizens of the truth, of what really happened and what really went wrong.

Did the super talents with their foresight saw what were coming? Definitely. They cannot be that stupid right? And neither could they be sleeping on the job and not knowing that so many foreigners were let into the country and the cutting down in building HDB flats would cause a big shortage of housing while the demand was rising.
What actually happened then that resulted in such a huge housing shortage problem and the ballooning of housing prices? What were they thinking or planning or scheming?

With all the foresight and hindsight, maybe someone would want to tell the people what actually went ‘right’? Got to say right, saying what went wrong would not be nice and would not get an answer. What went right?

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Affordable' was Mah Bow Tan's favorite word. :wink:

[video=youtube;zY2hGdl_ArI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY2hGdl_ArI[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To say it is a cockup is an understatement. You have the PAP importing foreigners by the busloads & yet they did not increase the housing to meet the increase in demand:eek: It was either negligence or some people in the PAP were profiting $$$$$$ from the situation.

I am really surprise it never became a election issue because housing is the biggest expense for Singaporeans. Probably due to the power of the PAP controlled which deflected attention elsewhere.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
... same goes for vehicles ...increased the number for the road but without building enuf carparks and roads....btw its also fo
the benefit of Every Road Pay.

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB is a statutory board that provides housng for S'poreans only.

Mah did nothing wrong...local Sporeans only 2.5 mil.

Who the fcuk says let in 6.9mil?

If foreigners wanna come, they are not entitled to HDB housing privileges meant for S'poreans.

Khaw and HDB should not be in a hurry to ramp out HDB flats production. How fast can 2.5 mil grow given the low fertility rates.

Should let S'poreans chop the foreigners first with high rentals. And give a chance for private developers to meet the demand n chop the foreigners too.

Last thing we want is a glut and oversupply of HDB flats...if the foreigners go, asset prices will slump.

Last edited:

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal

If foreigners wanna come, they are not entitled to HDB housing privileges meant for S'poreans.

Khaw and HDB should not be in a hurry to ramp out HDB flats production. How fast can 2.5 mil grow given the low fertility rates.

Should let S'poreans chop the foreigners first with high rentals. And give a chance for private developers to meet the demand n chop the foreigners too.

Last thing we want is a glut and oversupply of HDB flats...if the foreigners go, asset prices will slump.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marlboro wanted you to vote for him.

[video=youtube;ft88Hiu4Upg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft88Hiu4Upg[/video]

Any of you Ten-penis residents had voted for him? If you did, :oIo:

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mah Bow Tan caused an oversupply of HDB flats at one time. At that time, Ponggol 4-roomers were selling at SGD 240K in the resale. A friend of mine bought Sengkang 5-room flat, selecting from available units from HDB website.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i remembered correctly, during an interview, MBT dont even know how much it cost to build a HDB. Even if he knew, he shouldve given a ballpark figure rather than avoiding the question altogether.
What do we expect from someone who is SHORT on foresight?

melanietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing I can remember is that he is a short fuck and will feel at home in LOTR amongst the hobbits.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To say it is a cockup is an understatement. You have the PAP importing foreigners by the busloads & yet they did not increase the housing to meet the increase in demand:eek: It was either negligence or some people in the PAP were profiting $$$$$$ from the situation.

I am really surprise it never became a election issue because housing is the biggest expense for Singaporeans. Probably due to the power of the PAP controlled which deflected attention elsewhere.

Who is profiting $$$$$$ from the situation?
Majority of these so called developers are GLCs.
Their main objective is to build more condos on those popular prime land areas and sell the units at sky high price.
To build HDB flats is their lowest priority and I'm sure MBT and his cronies are well aware of these.
They purposely take advantage of over demand situation to artificially bloat up the property price.
Have you wonder why you start to see so many completed condos projects popping up here and there these days?

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
What policies? Only thing I know is hearsay his ganam style not bad

image.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At tat time only sua kus will take ponggol n sengkang n jurong west. Now still only sua kus will take that place.
Mah Bow Tan caused an oversupply of HDB flats at one time. At that time, Ponggol 4-roomers were selling at SGD 240K in the resale. A friend of mine bought Sengkang 5-room flat, selecting from available units from HDB website.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

erh........... my fren who works in HDB tells me confidentially many of HDB units went to Pinoys, Ah Neh, Burmese, Cambodians n not forgetting Malaysians....... just like taking away jobs from us the traitors are giving away queue numbers belongng to us, to them!!
That is Y gahmen cajoled that we must not say: them n us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we have Obama as PM.......... he is a lot cheaper and much better esp his Obamacare: Obama cares but LHL does not!!!

My fren is pissed even though his bread is buttered by HDB aka gahment

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i remembered correctly, during an interview, MBT dont even know how much it cost to build a HDB. Even if he knew, he sldve given a ballpark figure rather than avoiding the question altogether.
What do we expect from someone who is SHORT on foresight?

MBT really din care
He was only interested in enriching himself while his vampire son who wheeling n dealing telling biz partners who put down money while he take care of permits, license etc from govt for 50% shareholding - smells of corruption to me.......... no? Not true??