• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Remember this?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
20-for-windows-6eaef8756c67f2ce78053665857de36c-WordStar%20for%20Windows%202.0%20-%20Splash.png

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I still have the install disks for Wordstar, Lotus 1-2-3 version 1.0 , Displaywrite, Dbase ( for got which version)..

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
My brother had a DIY "computer" before the Apple IIe; can't remember much except there was a sort of spinning magnetic diskette. I remember writing my first program solving some simultaneous equations (2x2 or 3x3). Can't remember where the output was from.

Remember the silly "Insufficient ... memory" of DOS. I later wrote some silly programs in Dbase II on an Aple IIe.

Imagine what we have now. I have written a full chess engine in C compiled with free Linux gcc; nowadays, no human can beat a computer at chess - most are beyond the levels of the Grandmasters. Also everything in Linux is free, but most people still cannot use Linux.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN is magic that alphabets and logic gates don't know make from what material can command things to work.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My brother had a DIY "computer" before the Apple IIe; can't remember much except there was a sort of spinning magnetic diskette. I remember writing my first program solving some simultaneous equations (2x2 or 3x3). Can't remember where the output was from.

Remember the silly "Insufficient ... memory" of DOS. I later wrote some silly programs in Dbase II on an Aple IIe.

Imagine what we have now. I have written a full chess engine in C compiled with free Linux gcc; nowadays, no human can beat a computer at chess - most are beyond the levels of the Grandmasters. Also everything in Linux is free, but most people still cannot use Linux.

Is the LUGS still around?...Linux User Group Singapore, that is?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Especially Lotus 123.

There a few of us who, when the first desktop computer were introduced into the office & only the balls lickers, were given the chance to go ON COURSE to learn the new PC, took to ourselves to stay back after work, to do free overtime; learn to dismantle the IBM PC running Dos 1.0, Lotus 123 version 1.0, Display write ( forgot which version), wordstar & examine the hardware, copy the software & took it home. We took it to ourselves to learn about Ram, BIOS, HDD etc...then learn some basic programming to learn to break the installation code of the Lotus 123 install disk to reset the counter from 1 back to 0, so that, the program could be installed again & again.

It became our 'rice bowl' to know PC hardware, Lotus 123, DOS, later Dbase...& just to mention, Foxpro...then later the word processors software, corel wordperfect...Microsoft works, then office etc.. graphic softwares..forgotten the name for the earliest ones...later ones, CorelDraw, GIMP & later Adobe...

The mastering of the PC hardware, plus learning to trouble shoot & trouble shoot, DOS, Lotus 123, Display write, word star, Dbase...was the "ricebowl" at that time, to make some side income..

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bought one & it ran like a charm on my Macbook Pro & I just plug in & it read thr disks & I copy out those that I want...& uncovered all the ' dark secrets' I have archived onto my 3.5" floppies...ha ha ha.

I missed an old game called RTK2, RTK3
I went to download it again online but I got confused with the steps for running 16bits game with DosBox.
sigh