• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

remember these places ?

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
The buffet at marina south is chong pang bbq.they moved to turf city but after the triad raid last year,it is now situated at balastier next to boon tong kee.the boss say they may be folding up the business so better relish their bbq they before are gone.

Who can forget dragon spa?Angpais like porsche,diamond,winter etc were excellent.Used to cheong canto pop after spa those days:biggrin:

Wah, I don't even know those places you guys mentioned! If there is one place I missed in Singapore and is no longer around, it has to be Marina South. Used to spend $10 eat BBQ buffet, ended the meal with a nice free potong ice cream and finish the night off with a bbbj at some dark place along the coast.
Some people will remember the Dragon Health Spa there :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The buffet at marina south is chong pang bbq.they moved to turf city but after the triad raid last year,it is now situated at balastier next to boon tong kee.the boss say they may be folding up the business so better relish their bbq they before are gone.

Who can forget dragon spa?Angpais like porsche,diamond,winter etc were excellent.Used to cheong canto pop after spa those days:biggrin:
This bLind girL Fei-fei was another Angpai at Dragon spa too; did you had her service before bro ?..
:confused:
:wink:

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fei was one of the best I had at DS.Her sexy massage was good.I missed the dragon ladies.Majority were msian and some club at canto after they finish work.

This bLind girL Fei-fei was another Angpai at Dragon spa too; did you had her service before bro ?..
:confused:
:wink:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lau's Arcadia seems to have bad feng shui. Most tenants there did not survived and there were countless. I know the place well as my old family doctor was located there next to the duck rice stall.

Once there was a Billiards saloon. learn to play there;
until recently illegal tiger machines now don't know what?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be surprised.

Apparently the JI wannabe terrorists gathered there for supper after their planning session.

So many forumers hung out at Dawoods during the weekend wee hours, we may have met without knowing all those years ago :rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was also an Oberoi Hotel with a good restaurant along Clemenseau Ave (goodness even though I know this name for donkey years it still sound very foreign).

The Oberoi Imperial had Chintown, Mirabelle/Escarot/Raphael and Rang Mahal restaurants. Their louge bar had Tony, Terry and Spencer playing to full house with standing room only and El Marocco disco with The Solosa's were one of the popular places that time..

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes bro...fitzpatrick and cold storage. When i was young these 2 places were the ones to go to and enjoy aircon comfort on a hot day.

Most of the shops then had fans only. Their fare were too expensive though.

It's main competitor was Fitzpatrick then, before the birth of NTUC. Located at former Malayan Motor Showroom I think., opp Taka.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first bar I've visited when I was just Sec. 4. My uncle and his gang brought me there. It's called Gold Cup at the junction of Serangoon and Balestier. I was underaged of course but my uncle said nevermind, one of his friend was a police officer anyway.

All ended up half drunk. My uncle tipped the MILF servicing me and asked her to bring me to her home and take good care of me as they wanted to carry on their ECA by driving into JB and probably staying over a couple of days, unsuitable for a student like me. I didn't have my passport on me anyway at that time. Those days at my age, women at late 20s already considered MILF, and I was half drunk too. On lah! What the fuck? At most fuck and have fun only.

She lived in a Beach Road rental flat. Simple but clean and neat place. It's funny how she turned into a different woman from bar to home. She was so soft and demure at home, unlike at the bar her working place where she was loud and rowdy trying to cheer customers into buying more drinks and paying more tips.

She washed off her comestics and changed into her sleeping gown. Just with panties, no bra. She said sorry, she had no pyjama for guys but it'd be alright if I feel more comfy just sleeping with my underwear on. Didn't need to think or hesitate, I stripped right down to my underwear. There was only one bedroom and one bed. Don't need to ask. I jumped onto bed with her. There wasn't need for shyness or icebreaking. She had teased and touched me all over all evening long in the bar.

Naturally in bed together, I started to hug her, french kissed her, lifted up her gown and suckled on her nipples. But still, I dared not do it, going all the way, and with the hugging, kissing, suckling and drunkenness, I fell asleep like in fairytale wonderland. Next morning when we awoke, she asked me, have I done it before? I honestly said yes, with a girl former classmate. She then asked me, why didn't I do it with her last night? I said you're very beautiful and desirable and I'd like to do that with you but...but...I'm scared...I thought you're my uncle's girlfriend.

She laughed, no, no, she wasn't, for if she was my uncle wouldn't allow her to entertain me in the bar. Then she started hugging and kissing me again, and we did it. First time early morning sex, followed by breakfast, simple stuff, kaya bread and coffee she prepared. Simple but sweet.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any Tiong Bahru boys here ? ; used to stay aLong Kim Tian Road, and there was this Diamond Cinema where
every Sunday's morning shows @9am were 30cts for a combo of 2 screenings..and right immediateLy after the
shows was time for watching Star Soccer @ 1pm on tv then ! ~..
:smile:

I used to live very close by at Si Kar Teng; not exactly Tiong Bahru boy. :biggrin: I remembered the cinema in English was called King's Theatre; in Chinese it's called Xuan Kong.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
anyone remember this shop called 'Shalom Associates '? They were along orchard road quite close to Fitzpatricks. Amongst other things they sold

the Speedo and Jantzen swimming trunks/costumes. This was in 1967 . I accompanied some ACS guy there and he bought 2 pairs. Each pair of

trunks cost $6.30. Shit that was more pocket money than i got in a month from my parents...i got 20 cents a day, minus my bus fare to and from

school.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do recall the 2nd floor shops above TBG. I used to get all my records at one shop I think was called Max, not too sure of the name.

Siglap corner the junction of Siglap Road and East Coast Road was at one time a wet market, now it is a dead place the last time I dropped by.

hi there

1. bro, although the katong that was once it used to be has "gone".
2. but those fond memories such tbg, joo chiat etc still remain fresh in our minds.
3. nothing can replace the katong that we used to know!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sleaguepunter said:
There were 3 seafood restaurants at punggol jetty. I never know what their signboard names, too young then.

I didn't know the paper wrap chicken is close at Clementi road. Never patronize before.

The place is for re-development I believe. SIM? Only the chicken is good but some find it oily.

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about old cinema, my parents used to bring me to watch movies at the old cinema beside Wing Tai building at kovan/hougang. Still remembered the ticket were those pink or blue type of soft paper and we would buy kachang puteh and dry cuttlefish. Cinema ticket then was $3 I think. That was around year 1987. We had just moved from the village at Lentor to hougang.

it is called 仙宫. i used to go there to. it is a very run down cinema. i ever spotted a rat running across the floor in the middle of a show.:eek:

it is now a condo.

earnestball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Places to conclude end of night business - MacRichie, Pierce, Sembawang Park, Mt Faber, Bukit Timah Campus, etc, if you got car. No car, Padang in the middle with newspaper.
I believe so .. but I was too young to be naughty then .... tho I can testify as a witness tat those old dimly lit open car parks between housing blocks were conducive too for end of nite biz too

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i still see some of my old Katong friends once in a while....not really in contact but we still tend to jalan jalan there then bump into one another.

hi there

1. bro, although the katong that was once it used to be has "gone".
2. but those fond memories such tbg, joo chiat etc still remain fresh in our minds.
3. nothing can replace the katong that we used to know!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
erection2011 said:
the wantan mee guy who had his stall just outside the National Library moved briefly to Joo Chiat place...not too far from where the 2 fei fei shops are.

But he closed shop after a while....perhaps too old.

I don't whether it is the same NLB stall but there is one stall not reported to be at Far East Square.