• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2018-19

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the manager, I'd give the captain's arm band to Herrera. He'll make a good leader in any team. can't afford to lose him.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To digress, had a chuckle from Neymar's 'molest' on ref in match vs MU :cool:

Neymar: PSG forward charged with for ‘insulting and molesting acts’
against referee during Manchester United defeat

Neymar had to be restrained after attempting to confront referee Damir Skomina after PSG were knocked out of the Champions League earlier this month and posted a foul-mouthed message on

Neymar has been charged with “insulting and/or molesting acts” after Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League elimination by Manchester United.

The Brazilian forward reacted furiously to PSG's 3-1 defeat at the Parc des Princes on Wednesday 6 march, having missed the match itself through injury, and after coming down to the sideline to celebrate what he hoped would be the result that carried the Parisians into the Champions League quarter-finals, he could only watch on as Marcus Rashford's injury-time penalty instead knocked them out.

Neymar responded by attempting to confront referee Damir Skomina in fury at his decision to award the penalty after a Video Assistant Referee review, and after being restrained from the referee's office, he posted a foul-mouthed instagram message to vent his rage.

“This is a disgrace, they put four people that know nothing about football in charge of looking at the replay for VAR," he wrote in an Instagram story. "There is no penalty. How can it be a handball when it hits his back?! Go f**k yourselves!”

Uefa have now opened proceedings against Neymar after charging the world's most-expensive player for his actions, with a hearing set to take place at a later date to decide any punishment.

A statement issued by Uefa on Friday read: “Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the Uefa Champions League Round of 16 second leg match between Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United FC (1-3), played on 6 March in France:

• Player Neymar Junior - Insulting / molesting acts against match official (statements made by the player following the above-mentioned match) - Art. 15 (1) (d) of the Uefa Disciplinary Regulations
“The case will be dealt with by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body with the date of the hearing yet to be confirmed.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...united-officials-uefa-statement-a8835391.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
OGS is obsessed w lingard. He will be made captain.

LOL!!!!! In midfield there's only Pogba and Herrera. In defence we have Valencia,Lindelof, Ashley Young and DG. Unfortunately we dun have a leader upfront.

On a side note, Lingard is unpredictable. His ball distribution is atrocious at times. He's either very good or very poor, no in between. It will be interesting to see the players the club recruits this summer.My buddies and I are betting on Pogba leaving.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed permanent manager

Manchester United have appointed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as permanent manager on a three-year contract.
The Norwegian, 46, arrived at Old Trafford on an interim basis in December to replace Jose Mourinho.
Solskjaer spent 11 seasons as a United player, scoring the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final.
"This is the job that I always dreamed of doing and I'm beyond excited to have the chance to lead the club long term," Solskjaer said.
"From the first day I arrived, I felt at home at this special club. It was an honour to be a Manchester United player, and then to start my coaching career here.
"The last few months have been a fantastic experience."
When Solskjaer took charge, United were sixth in the Premier League and 11 points off the top four.
But they have lost only once in 13 league games since - at Arsenal this month - and are now two points behind the London club, who occupy the final Champions League qualifying spot.
Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said Solskjaer's appointment was "richly deserved".
"Since coming in as caretaker manager in December, the results Ole has delivered speak for themselves," he said.
"More than just performances and results, Ole brings a wealth of experience, both as a player and as a coach, coupled with a desire to give young players their chance and a deep understanding of the culture of the club."
Solskjaer became the first United manager to win his first six league games, beating a record held by Sir Matt Busby.
United reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the first time since 2014 when they overturned a 2-0 first-leg deficit thanks to a stoppage-time penalty at Paris St-Germain this month.
Solskjaer's assistant Mike Phelan still has a contract with Central Coast Mariners in Australia, although it is anticipated he will also stay on at Old Trafford.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47691296

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now OGS should have three Seasons to show what he can do. Hope he don’t end up like dalgish & Keegan back at their hero clubs.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If OGS appointment help sort out the protracted negotiation with some of the key players and see to it's completion, it would be a step in the right direction. OGS will need to ensure top 4 finish this season. Well, at least one uncertainty is removed but I do hope they'll convince Phelan to continue.

I'm quite certain, he'll not end up like Dalgish and Keegan. SAF is still around and I'm sure he's more willing to lend a hand to Ole should he need it. Methinks the Man U setup will have an British back bone. So the likes of Kane, Sancho and Odoi playing at OT could become reality.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope he buys a center back, a right winger, a play maker and a striker. Bring 1-2 players from the academy and include them in the senior ranks.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prediction away to Wolves?

_106249595_wolvesvmanutd.jpg

Wolves v Man Utd

Wolves are also in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final, and Manchester United owe them one because Nuno Espirito Santo's side knocked them out of the cup to reach Wembley.

United were quite lethargic that night and I think we will see a very different performance from them on Tuesday. It has to be, because they are chasing a place in the top four.

So I think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side will go for it, while I am not sure the Wolves players will be looking at this game in the same way.

I don't care who you are, if you are playing in an FA Cup semi-final at the weekend, you are not going to be flying into 50-50 challenges and running the risk of getting hurt.

That's the way it is - everyone wants to play at Wembley - and that is one of the reasons United will have the edge.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Taka's prediction: Wolves have been the surprise team of the season and I put a lot of that down to their defence. They are so solid and I think they will do well against United again. 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47769399

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Signed intent with PSG?

Manchester United refusing to bow to Ander Herrera
wage demands despite PSG interest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/01/manchester-united-refusing-bow-ander-herrera-wage-demands-despite/

Manchester United are refusing to bow to Ander Herrera’s wage demands, despite the growing threat of the Spain midfielder leaving on a free transfer for Paris St-Germain this summer.

United want Herrera to stay and believe their desire to keep him is reflected in the offer of a new three-year contract that represents a huge hike on his existing £80,000-a-week wages.

But Herrera, 29, is understood to be demanding in excess of £200,000 a week, amid interest from PSG, and United are unwilling to be held to ransom.

Herrera is reported to have agreed a pre-contract with the French champions but, while his preference has been to stay at United, either he or the club are likely to have to make compromises to end the current impasse and for him to remain at Old Trafford.

Herrera has enjoyed a renaissance under new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and become a regular midfield starter.

But he has only featured in United’s list of top 10 league starters once in his five seasons for the club and has mainly been a squad player at Old Trafford.

Alexis Sanchez’s £500,000-a-week wages have raised the salary ceiling at Old Trafford but Herrera’s wage demands would catapult him into the top bracket of earners alongside the likes of goalkeeper David De Gea, midfielder Paul Pogba and striker Romelu Lukaku.

De Gea is involved in a contract stand-off of his own, with the Spaniard demanding double his existing £240,000-a-week wages as he seeks parity with Sanchez.

United are aware of the rise of players running down their contracts. Emre Can left Liverpool for Juventus on a free transfer last summer and Aaron Ramsey will also head to Turin as a free agent from Arsenal this summer.

Yet there is a belief among top Premier League clubs that it is much easier for some of their continental rivals to offer bigger, longer contracts to older players given that competitions such as Ligue 1 in France and Italy’s Serie A lack the intensity of the Premier League and do not take the same physical toll as England, which also has two domestic cup competitions. PSG are currently 20 points clear at the top of Ligue 1.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to draw a line in the sand at some point where wage demands are concerned. As good as he is, I dun think 200k per week is realistic, likewise with De Gea. Herrera is injury prone and at the age of 29,he's expected to spend more time for treatment off the field.
In the meantime, they should just pay off Sanchez and get rid of him for good. The South Americans are known mercenaries. They treat European clubs as private banks and take out loans without paying interest,let alone the principal amount.
Big,cash rich and desperate clubs are honey pots for young talents in South America. As soon as you agree to huge wages,their performance on the field suffers in the long run,much like a yoyo. It stops at some point.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm betting on Wolves to do a double on Man Utd, ie based on their last league performance.
Nah, I put my money on statistical probability.. oops, it away now:cool:
Darn, the Geordies didnt do us a favour with Gunners.
Now it's goal diff with Spurs position #4

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to draw a line in the sand at some point where wage demands are concerned. As good as he is, I dun think 200k per week is realistic, likewise with De Gea. Herrera is injury prone and at the age of 29,he's expected to spend more time for treatment off the field.
In the meantime, they should just pay off Sanchez and get rid of him for good. The South Americans are known mercenaries. They treat European clubs as private banks and take out loans without paying interest,let alone the principal amount.
Big,cash rich and desperate clubs are honey pots for young talents in South America. As soon as you agree to huge wages,their performance on the field suffers in the long run,much like a yoyo. It stops at some point.
forget about chasing S American players, Man U has no affinity with S American players. Cannot think of one successful one, not even Rafael brothers. Veron, Kleberson, di Maria, Falcao....Forlan take the cake, super cock up in Man U and thrive after sold. Heinz and Tevez I will say are the the better ones.

I will say go for Scandinavian players - good track record with them -OGS being one, Nistelrooy, Jaap Stam, Schimeichel....so, Eriksen from Spurs perhaps?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Heinze and Tevez asked for bucket loads of cash with the latter going a step further by making a covert deal with City long b4 the season ended. It would be far better if United put their house in order before further forays into the Latino market.

Eriksen is eyeing a move to Spain or Italy(his preferred destination).

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another game, another loss. Hardly surprising-no motivation and players are not running into space. In short a pathetic display.
I couldn't understand why they brought in Jones, a defender to replace a midfielder when you simply cannot afford to drop points. The player that should have been taken off was Lingard who did practically nothing on the field and wasted a golden chance with a free header.
Is DG worth 350K a week? We would be better off hiring a clown between the sticks and it won't cost us a bomb.
If only OGS have balls of steel like Van Gaal, he'll bring in hungry young players and drop the non performers like Pogba and Lingard. Has OGS consider the fact that Pogba will not perform to ensure that United doesn't qualify for CL and force a move to REAL?!!! He is bloody naive!!!!:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If an offer comes along for Pogba and DG, take the money and rebuild the team from the back. I thot they should have made a move for Koulibaly first before Lindelof. What a waste!!!!:mad: