• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the playing style has changed some what versus LVG times. It's more attacking and yes there are no goals but there ain't lack of trying.

Throw back to LVG there is scant attacks. And the current team still shows signs of that mentality when they lack ideas how to penetrate a stubborn defence.

But one thing to be sure - Mourinho persistent public Attack on his players will backfire. Unlike Fergie who does such things away from media.

Trophy wise we have won 2. On par w LVG. But we need to erase LVG ghosts from these players minds. Next season will be the telling one when Mourinho really be tested on his capability.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fair comment and response by RA to Chanster's stats reprise vs LVG and DM.

Whilst JM's cherry season hasn't put United on a winning platter in top 4 (yet?), it's premature to start baying for blood and his sacking.
Just look at noisy neighbours, with the gold gilded Pep who's now just marginally above us in table.

LVG's playing style was decidedly different. And memories are short on DM, who lacks stature which is integral to a big club. Black cats?

..playing style has changed some what versus LVG times. It's more attacking and yes there are no goals but there ain't lack of trying. ..persistent public Attack on his players will backfire. Unlike Fergie who does such things away from media.
Trophy wise we have won 2. On par w LVG. But we need to erase LVG ghosts from these players minds. Next season will be the telling one when Mourinho really be tested on his capability.

United have 57 points from 30 games this season. Van Gaal had 59, Moyes had 51 despite spending far less money
When are United fans going to stop trying to convince us that Mourinho is doing a great job, accept that he's done no better than Moyes and LVG and start demanding for his sacking? Or have you just accepted that your club is europa league standard and come to expect nothing better?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But one thing to be sure - Mourinho persistent public Attack on his players will backfire. Unlike Fergie who does such things away from media.

I concur. His attitude to players, staff and media is what partly got him fired at Chelsea. Let's see how they do in the big game on Sunday night.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an article by a sports analyst on football 365 defending the actions of Mourinho for his 'public persecution' of his players. It's worth a read. Couldn't post it probably becuz I was banned by some closet United fan.:mad::biggrin:

Regardless of the article, the measures taken by Mou of drying out his players in full public view is detrimental to the player,manager and the club if it spirals out of control. Having read the article, I would reserve judgement on Luke Shaw. Shaw has had fitness issues throughout his playing career. He's had his problems with Poch,LVG and Mou. I believe his contract expires in 12-18 months and he hasn't given the manager nor the club reasons to keep him. If Luke doesn't play, it is likely we'll take a huge hit if the club decides to sell him.

Well some would say,he suffered a terrible leg break and we should cut him some slack. There are players who suffered far worse,career threatening injuries and fought their way to the first team.Take Kevin Strootman-two successive ACL injuries and he came back setting his Rome club on fire.

Shaw has taken the fans and the club for fools!:mad:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will give credit where credit is due and Mourinho got his tactics spot on last nite.
Herrera played Hazard off the pitch. His assist for the first goal was outstanding.
Rashford was also a stand-out player together with Jesse Lingard. It will be hard for him to lead the line when Ibrahimovic is available. He needs to be given more starts.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will give credit where credit is due and Mourinho got his tactics spot on last nite.
Herrera played Hazard off the pitch. His assist for the first goal was outstanding.
Rashford was also a stand-out player together with Jesse Lingard. It will be hard for him to lead the line when Ibrahimovic is available. He needs to be given more starts.

IMO all of them were outstanding. They played as a team, the hall mark of Ferguson's teams of the bygone era. Rashford has too much pace for Chelsea's rigid back line. Like all Mancunians, we can only hope they'll build on this one and win the rest of the matches including the UEFA cup.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Ibra came off injured, I knew United would win. Credit to Ibra for all the goals that he has scored but he has wasted plenty of chances as well.
We need a mobile and dynamic center forward. Wouldn't surprise me if United go on and win the rest of the matches. Carrick was outstanding. They should just extend his contract for another year.:biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Ibra came off injured, I knew United would win. Credit to Ibra for all the goals that he has scored but he has wasted plenty of chances as well.
We need a mobile and dynamic center forward. Wouldn't surprise me if United go on and win the rest of the matches.

A great opportunity for Rashford to seize the opportunity to lead the line.
He has the potential to surpass Rooney's goal scoring club record if he stays with United.

A great backdoor opportunity of getting into Champions League as I don't think they will manage a top 4 finish in the Premiership.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A great opportunity for Rashford to seize the opportunity to lead the line.
He has the potential to surpass Rooney's goal scoring club record if he stays with United.

A great backdoor opportunity of getting into Champions League as I don't think they will manage a top 4 finish in the Premiership.

Likewise I hope he gives fosu n tuanzbe a chance now that he has shortage of CB.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure why we're in a defensive crisis when we have Darmiann, Fosu and Tuanzebe who could play in the middle. I do think the sad news of Ibra and Rojo's injuries in some way was due to Mou's foolish desire to compete on all fronts with a thin squad. Let's not forget Basti and Schneiderlin left us in January.:mad:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems that scouser Mark L predicts we are due yet for another draw vs Burnley away tonight. Nothing new, as he lost his previous bet on Chelskis

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[FONT=&amp]Big transfer gossip?

Manchester United
have reportedly agreed the first big transfer of the summer, with a deal for Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.[/FONT]

The Frenchman is United's top target, with Jose Mourinho desperate to increase his side's firepower ahead of his second season in charge at Old Trafford.

Griezmann
has a release clause of €100m, but now former FIFA accredited agent Vincent Rodriguez claims a deal for his signature has been agreed between the two clubs ahead of the summer transfer window opening on July 1.

The star's adviser, Eric Olhats, has confirmed an approach from United. Olhats, talking after Griezmann scored his 100th La Liga goal in Atletico's 1-0 won over Espanyol 1-0 Saturday, said United 'told us about their project' and are the 'first and the most solid' in their interest in Griezmann.

"There is an existing clause of €100m, which is unavoidable," he said.
"We're thinking right now about the most suitable offer. Real Madrid and other clubs are part of this thinking process.
"Antoine doesn't want to leave the club at any cost. That is false."

A financial agreement between Atlético Madrid and Manchester United regarding the signing of Griezmann has been met. More to break soon!!

Elsewhere, and the Daily Star claims United are set to lose the race to sign Monaco star Benjamin Mendy - unless they can provide Champions League football.

The defender is only expected to leave the Ligue 1 club if he can be guaranteed involvement in Europe's premier club competition.

[FONT=&amp]And City, who have also been linked with his signature, are currently in a stronger position to tempt him.United however can qualify by winning the Europa League, while they can go ahead of City in the chase for the top four with a win on Thursday night.[/FONT]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight's BIG derby, with CL cut-off at stake

Manchester City v Manchester United

_95792751_gettyimages-516695872.jpg

Marcus Rashford scored an excellent solo goal in Manchester United's 1-0 win at the Etihad last season.

TEAM NEWS

David Silva is a doubt for Manchester City after limping off during the FA Cup semi-final defeat to Arsenal.
Sergio Aguero, who also picked up a knock in that game, is fit to play. Gabriel Jesus is ready after recovering from a broken foot but Pep Guardiola says his condition is "not optimal".

Manchester United are without Paul Pogba due to a muscle injury, but Ander Herrera has overcome an ankle knock.
Chris Smalling and Phil Jones remain sidelined with knee and toe injuries.

COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: "When City won the league in 2012, some predicted a strong shift to the blue side in Manchester's balance of power.
"The following season - Sir Alex Ferguson's last - United hit back.
"Then City were champions again and, given transitional times at Old Trafford, maybe ought to have gone clear of their rivals.
"Now here we are near the end of another season, with only a point between them and the possibility of an essential Champions League place going to one or the other.
"No wonder the hype around each meeting grows greater than the last.
"In the country as a whole, London is where it's at right now, but with capital derbies being that bit more 'dilute' - this duel currently edges all others for me."
Twitter: @Guymowbray

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

'Manchester derby all about top-four finish'Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "[Jose Mourinho and I] are neighbours. When we see each other we say 'hi'.
"They [Manchester United] are good. Good rival, good quality and a long run in the Premier League without defeat."
...and Guardiola on his lack of silverware this season: "I have been managing nine years and this is my first without a trophy. It had to happen and it happened.
"It will happen again if I manage a long time. But there are a lot of teams in Europe that won't win anything this season."
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "This is about the clubs, the teams, the positions at the end of the season. This is not about myself and Guardiola.
"I always feel that the season is very important for me, for the players, for the club.
"I would say it can be the first season of the next five or six or seven, who knows, but it can be the first season of better years."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the first Manchester derby to be played on a Thursday in any competition since November 1994, when a Andrei Kanchelskis hat-trick gave United a 5-0 home win in the Premier League.
  • City have won five of the last eight league meetings, with one of their only two defeats during that period coming in last season's corresponding fixture when Marcus Rashford scored the only goal.
  • Jose Mourinho has beaten Pep Guardiola just once in five league meetings (D1, L3). His Real Madrid side were 2-1 winners at Guardiola's Barcelona in April 2012.

Manchester City

• Manchester City have only lost one of their 18 Premier League home games since the derby defeat at the Etihad Stadium in March last year. However, eight clubs have won more often at home this season.
  • City's solitary league defeat in 11 matches came at Chelsea earlier this month (W6, D4).
  • A win on Thursday would ensure Pep Guardiola's side surpass last season's final tally of 66 points.
  • Sergio Aguero has scored in five successive Premier League appearances, one shy of his best run in the division set between April and May last year.
  • Aguero has scored eight goals in 10 appearances for City against Manchester United but hasn't scored in the last two encounters.

Manchester United

• United could equal their club record unbeaten run of 24 matches in a single top-flight season, set in 2010-11.
  • They have the Premier League's best points-per-game average in away matches (2.20), and could earn five straight league wins on the road for the first time since December 2011.
  • Manchester United have conceded five Premier League goals in 2017, fewer than any other team.
  • One more draw would equal their club record of 13 in a Premier League season, set in 1998-99.
  • Jose Mourinho has failed to win any of his last four league games against Manchester City (D2, L2).
  • Wayne Rooney has scored a record 11 goals in Manchester derbies but none of them have come in his last five games.
SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-0
Probability of draw: 28%
Probability of home win: 48%Probability of away win: 24%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39018821

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho will park the bus. But with his Defence stretched it will be a 0 -0 draw. I will take that.
Bang on, got lucky with any bets? :p

Seems we minus midfield guile, missing out to feed Rashford and Martial. Mata's services would have been fitting. Still a credible result away

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another very average performance against Swansea who were very unlucky not to win it.

I'm still not yet convinced on the true calibre of Rashford. He could either turn out to be another Rooney...or another Adnan Januzaj
But if he keeps on diving like a submarine to win penalties, it's most likely to be the latter. Should have been red carded for that.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afraid we have missed the chance to make top 4 on our own. Swansea is the easiest of the lot and the last home game that we can win easily.

sure, our defense is decimated but if mourunho wants to park the bus to defend the 1-0 lead he could. another thing, our attack is still formidable with lingard, Rooney, rashford, marshal. so y can't we get the second goal to kill the game ?

looking at the upcoming games ,. all away to big boys. if we look at how spurs took ars apart , we will be happy with a point. ars another point. Southampton another point as mourinho will have one eye on the Europa finals if we made it. if we don't then we are in shit because a win at St Mary might be a little too late if pool and city has pulled ahead. it's really disappointing not have the two additional points.
hopefully pool lose to Watford. but with pool n city having the easier run in, it's really a KNN feeling right now.