• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Recommend a good budget hotel in Orchard Road

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
YMCA @ One Orchard and Fort Canning Lodge @ Fort Canning are close to Dhoby Ghaut Station and near SMU, away from the kelings and chinks.

Oxford @ Queen's Street is by far the cheapest, but the security in the vicinity is suspect. Too near to Four Horse Road and too many chinks.

Hotel Supreme @ Kramat Lane is too old and run down.

I have not been to Orchard Road for years and a lot of new buildings have sprung up. Did I miss out any budget hotels ? Something that will give foreigners a good impression of Singapore, not some Hotel 81 or Fragrance short-time chains.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YMCA @ One Orchard and Fort Canning Lodge @ Fort Canning are close to Dhoby Ghaut Station and near SMU, away from the kelings and chinks.

Oxford @ Queen's Street is by far the cheapest, but the security in the vicinity is suspect. Too near to Four Horse Road and too many chinks.

Hotel Supreme @ Kramat Lane is too old and run down.

I have not been to Orchard Road for years and a lot of new buildings have sprung up. Did I miss out any budget hotels ? Something that will give foreigners a good impression of Singapore, not some Hotel 81 or Fragrance short-time chains.

YMCA at Stevens Road....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
truly budget. must sublet from pinay and may end up sleeping with bangla. view is good and air is fresh. surrounded by nature and very cozy with pinay and bangla. fun threesome, oops i mean under the trees.
bC2DOu9fRu2NyAjlNl%lRQ.jpg

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Orchard doesn't have cheap and good hotels. Simple principle applies: if you want something good, it definitely wouldn't be "budget"

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one damn hiso!
Paiseh paiseh, just check Agoda and hotel dot com. Almost fall off the chair after seeing the price.

Stayed in this hotel twice during the period 2012/13 where I have no place of residence in sinkieland and the price I got was definitely less than 200 per night.

The other slightly cheaper non budget alternative I once stayed before is IBIS at Bugis which is near. Can can consider also since nowadays everywhere you go also see ah tiongs.

Stayed in these hotels cos have companions, else if alone, dont even bother to book, just alight at aljunied or kallang mrt stations and check in to any of the budget hotels.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please truly recommend a genuine cheap hotel in orchard for "occasional lost of permanent lodging with a chio bu in arms". Thank you for posting rates!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exacting demands, your YMCA already's spot on. Can try this Hangout (next to Istana:cool:) on Mt Emily, owned by Cathay Organisation. No frills though

http://www.hangouthotels.com/rooms/

Get real, real estate in Orchard vicinity doesn't come cheap. A decent sub 200 bucks steal smile liao

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit out of the way. Prefer walking distance to Orchard.

Want to lay your foreign friend is it? Don’t skimp on the hotel like some Malaysian boys pretending to be rich sinkie. We sinkie is got money and class. Dun make all sinkie lose face ok! :mad:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exacting demands, your YMCA already's spot on. Can try this Hangout (next to Istana:cool:) on Mt Emily, owned by Cathay Organisation. No frills though

http://www.hangouthotels.com/rooms/

Get real, real estate in Orchard vicinity doesn't come cheap. A decent sub 200 bucks steal smile liao
I like your hangout recommendation. But it seems too far from the main road. I will recce the place though. It's chic and modern looking.

I think we all know that real estate in Singapore doesn't come cheap, not just Orchard. It's about getting the best deals that the vicinity in Orchard can offer. A little research is necessary.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paiseh paiseh, just check Agoda and hotel dot com. Almost fall off the chair after seeing the price.

Stayed in this hotel twice during the period 2012/13 where I have no place of residence in sinkieland and the price I got was definitely less than 200 per night.

The other slightly cheaper non budget alternative I once stayed before is IBIS at Bugis which is near. Can can consider also since nowadays everywhere you go also see ah tiongs.

Stayed in these hotels cos have companions, else if alone, dont even bother to book, just alight at aljunied or kallang mrt stations and check in to any of the budget hotels.
Waw......you sibei hiso :biggrin: Ownself got apartment still but stay in 4-star hotel :wink:o_O:rolleyes:

However, you have alerted me to Clarke Quay, and by extension, Robertson Quay.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Orchard doesn't have cheap and good hotels. Simple principle applies: if you want something good, it definitely wouldn't be "budget"
I have already posted a few relative low price hotels at the beginning of the thread. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not looking for "cheap" hotels.