• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reason Why Singaporeans are Angry

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ran a business in Singapore for more than 10 years. When the factory was expanding, I had to take on the role of facilities manager working with the construction company project manager. I know how it works. Even in those days, I found that when it came to wiring, piping, gas installation etc, most of the skilled, well paying parts of the construction were done by Malaysians/Thais. The donkey work was done by the banglas.

The project manager told me himself that it was very hard to find a Singaporean electrician or gas fitter. The hours were long and irregular and involved heights and confined spaces and most Singaporeans wanted office hour jobs in an air con environment.

You pay people enough, you think they won't do? It is because the manager knows he can exploit those foreigners and besides they don't have to do ICT or manning.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Singaporeans hire exactly the same people. The Malaysian/Bangla workers couldn't care less whether they are hired by a sinkie or a malaysian as long as they are paid.

The Sinkie guy (my ex LCP) who re-tiled my roof got all his labor either from Bangladesh, Thailand or Malaysia.

You can't do that in NZ.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yes...the problems must be addressed.

The problems are being addressed by importing new citizens who are more hardworking and industrious. Every once in a while, every organisation needs an injection of new blood with fresh ideas. A country is no different.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY kicked butts, tackled issues head on with steel determination, a fighter. If you were in SG in 1950/1960, you would know how he whacked the gangsters and freed the people from oppression of gangsters. What his son has done is for people to judge and natives will judge him on how he makes their lives better or miserable. From sentiments at ground level, it seems he makes a mess.

yes, LKY was intelligent and courageous.

LHL is a dud and a wimp

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, next time PM me la I make sure you get quality screws and sealants to go with your roof guarantee 20 years.

By the way roofers are a specialized tradesman and not general contractors, also roofing material is actually inexpensive so they can make lots of money, why I know because they all my good friends, now a days many roofers in Singapore stopped driving Merc and Beemers they already changed driving Porsche Cayenne & Panamera and Audis

you believe his friend can earn $4,800 a day every day?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u must be the type of ppl who leave everything to your ID to handle when u renovate your house. FYI, the fee charge by a plumber is very high, no longer got $30 job liao. my mom flat kitchen sink pipe choked, cost me $200 bucks to hire the plumber to clear the choke. it a half an hour job but it stink and dirty like hell. he asked me who was the idiot contractor who installed such a small drainage pipe for sewage as he had a hard time clearing the choke. And i talked to the electricians, painters and plumbers sent down by my ID when i reno my flat recently, the fee they charging my ID are not small, no wonder the ID charged me a leg for my renovation.

how often do you need a plumber?

how often is a freelance plumber jobless?

how much does a plumber need to pay for his rickety van?

the freelance plumber has no medisave, no cpf savings

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problems are being addressed by importing new citizens who are more hardworking and industrious. Every once in a while, every organisation needs an injection of new blood with fresh ideas. A country is no different.

The PAP government is selling out the country and care nothing for the citizens, all for the sake of continuing their rule and their $ god.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And you then asked why Singaporeans are so pessimistic.:rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah leong, u beri patient hor, keep plugging away at a stubborn cow. TS and several others are left wing do gooders who expect the world to operate as utopia.

btw, i dun think pinkie and pap give a damn whether the ppl are angry or not, it will be biz as usual.

what the point of being angry when these so call angry ppl keep voting in the very same bastards/bitches every eRections. ihmo, they shd be angry at themselves.

the 51% believe the pap and are not enlightened

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah leong, u beri patient hor, keep plugging away at a stubborn cow. TS and several others are left wing do gooders who expect the world to operate as utopia.

btw, i dun think pinkie and pap give a damn whether the ppl are angry or not, it will be biz as usual.

what the point of being angry when these so call angry ppl keep voting in the very same bastards/bitches every eRections. ihmo, they shd be angry at themselves.

he is not patient.

he finds it educational and is learning some truths

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And you then asked why Singaporeans are so pessimistic.:rolleyes:

I can understand why they may initially resent the competition but if they treat it as a challenge rather than as a threat, they'll soon cheer up and adjust to the new situation with enthusiasm and gusto.

Pessimism comes from inaction. Those who respond positively to life's challenges seldom end up despondent.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're not supposed to but it is still being done.

It is standard practice here and done with impunity. If we drive into Malaysia with less than 3/4 tank or bring in undeclared dutiable cigarettes then we are in trouble.:(

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you live life to the fullest in SG? You pay for a piece of paper of SGD70,000.00 to buy a vehicle; you pay SGD0.20 to piss or shit in a toilet; you pay at least SGD1.00 to park your vehicle and it counts by the minutes; you run when you see a parking warden; you are not eligible to buy HDB flat when you have reached certain age as you are no longer eligible to get housing loan even though you are a local born Singaporean. Is this a caring Govt?

his life is imaginery