• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Really need help from bros here to fight NCC thugs in Wiki War erupting there...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>NCC fellows? Let them be. One fine day, they will see it for themselves how stupid they are themselves.

That's the problem. That day wil never come. They are totally brainwashed.

And don't forget, they are now targeting youngsters, people in the teens.... at this age, these guys will not be able to discern...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
No leh I think i also got banned..I joined 1 mth ago am still under moderations..this is the 1st forum that new member need their post to get approval by the admin..I visted hundereds of forum, 3in1 is one of the kind..very funny leh

Let me explain. After the incident, we basically changed the system back to like the old one in SBF. New fellas who signed in will be auto put on moderations until after a few postings when we'll unmod it. Later this was very cumbersome cause we have to check the mod queue all the time. I think Ah Bug later changed it back. So, there was a period of time when things were quite confusing... all thx to this inconsiderate bro...

Anyway, email me and let me know your delphi nick... I will check for you...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
you enjoy war so much, you should sign on the US Marines..everytime got tour of duty around the world...LOL...

HAHAHAH!

There is a Chinese saying mah... "On the road when you see indignancy, one must draw his sword to help out"....

:smile:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bros,

--------------------------------------------------------------------
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Prince#Senior_pastor_Joseph_Prince</SUP>

There have been criticisms about the quantum of salary paid by the church to its senor pastor Joseph Prince. On 5 October 2008, in an interview with the Sunday Times, Joseph Prince acknowledged that he was well-paid but added that money did not have a hold on him. Mr Prince who is the executive chairman of the church council, also dismissed the rumour in the interview that his salary was $50,000 a month, saying "It could have been $50,000 if I had not voluntarily taken all the pay cuts through the years. There was a system of payment that would actually enrich me greatly but as the church grew, I refuse to accept that system of payment."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-news1_8-1>[9]</SUP><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-news2_9-1>[10]</SUP>

However, on 30 March 2009, The Straits Times reported that a check revealed that the independent New Creation Church paid one employee between $500,001 and $550,000 in its last financial year of 2008. Under the revised and updated recommendations contained in the Code of Governance <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-code1_17-1>[18]</SUP> for charities, all charities and non-profit organizations in Singapore are encouraged to disclose the salary bands of their top executives to the Commissioner of Charities. Even though the church did not confirm if the amount went to its pastor, Joseph Prince, but it told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue'.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-news3_16-1>[17]</SUP><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-27>[28]</SUP><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-28>[29]</SUP>

Don't mind me saying one thing, if you are able to prove that the point that I have highlighted in red, the person who received the said sum reported in the ST is Joseph, It will make a stronger case if we were to edit the wiki entry.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mind me saying one thing, if you are able to prove that the point that I have highlighted in red, the person who received the said sum reported in the ST is Joseph, It will make a stronger case if we were to edit the wiki entry.

Do read the wiki entry... there's a 3rd para where their NCC elder Kang came to defend NCC. In Kang's reply, it was clear that the said person was Prince...

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
On 15 April 2009 Matthew Kang, the Honorary Secretary of the New Creation Church, posted a reply to The Straits Times on the church's website stating that the New Creation Church was not a public charity and did not solicit public donations. Kang's response went on to assert that "there is absolutely no compulsion to give whether in tithes or offerings, and any giving is done out of a willing heart." Kang also said that "every giver is appreciated and it is taken in good faith that he believes in the elected leadership and will trust them to make good decisions for the particular church he has chosen to attend, whether as a member or a visitor."[31]

This paragraph did not clearly indicate that the prince was the one receiving the said salary. How to back up the claims that he is taking excess?

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
you enjoy war so much, you should sign on the US Marines..everytime got tour of duty around the world...LOL...

U sound like one of those die-hard believers that pay and pay for things that u pray for everytime u in church not realising that u paid for much more than u will ever get back in return ... DAMN SILLY & STUPID BUGGER!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This paragraph did not clearly indicate that the prince was the one receiving the said salary. How to back up the claims that he is taking excess?

Here, read this
http://deepasion.blogspot.com/2009_04_01_archive.html
This is a revelation from one of the NCC members. Clearly, the person who is receiving the 500K is none other than Prince.

Also, read the 2nd para carefully:
Even though the church did not confirm if the amount went to its pastor, Joseph Prince, but it told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue'

Prince is implied here.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here, read this
This is a revelation from one of the NCC members. Clearly, the person who is receiving the 500K is none other than Prince.

Also, read the 2nd para carefully:
Even though the church did not confirm if the amount went to its pastor, Joseph Prince, but it told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue'

Prince is implied here.

Ok take note of the S which I have highlighted here. Prince is the main pillar but he can be one of the key contributors and yet is the one who is not getting the said sum. :smile:

However,

His words today were:

“My heart is never in finance, money, or whatever. ...Everything about me is just about Jesus and His Word.” (This is true because he gave 563,360 SGD—as of last Sunday, 29th March—for One North which he says is slightly more than his 2008 salary.)

If you are able to verify this point to be true, I'm pretty sure you may have a very huge advantage against these NCC fanatics.

Now, I'm not a NCC fan, in fact, I despise Prince as much as those who are sober. My point is that if you want to include your POV to the wiki entry and to avoid these idiots from removing your entry, at the same time to get the admins to back up your claims, you might want to have all angles covered before you make any move. :smile:

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
if a newspaper says a person is an it consultant and it turns out that he is an it course consultant, what's the difference? the difference is that forever he will be known as an it consultant - a professional when he was just a salesman.

why then should anyone use a newspaper to create an unwarranted impression?

this may be a theoretical proposition but it serves to underline the importance of being discerning

Last edited:

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
kojakbt point seems to be one of integrity - why is Prince (formerly, so some say - Jiovinder Singh) so reluctant to tell the world that he earns $500,000 a year?

For that matter, is Prince reporting income from his books, dvds? Is he earning any money from the trips to Israel? The $500,000 are outside of this, is it not? (It has to be because of the structure set up by the Registrar of Societies - commercial activities need a separate registration) These are for NCC to answer and it is doubtful that they will answer to the point as their response in the wiki shows.

substantial portions of NCC money is channelled out of NCC to Rock Productions to fund property acquisition and development

thus the ownership of Rock Productions, the actual wordings of the deed and the ownership and governance of NCC are also matters of concern; does Prince has a substantial say over the entire barrel?

we can only rely on our clean, talented and capable singapore authorities to do their background check to prevent another NKF. 3 cheers for the PAP!

since the singapore authorities are already satisfied, why should we be unsatisfied?

In the end, what's the point?

kojakbt, cease and desist - there's no point.

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
one last point, matthew kang seems to be in defense of joseph prince over the years in the various press and public statements

between the two of them, do they have a majority say in rock productions where the bulk of money lies and ncc where the financial decisions to pass money to rock productions are made? This can be easily ascertained by the authorities

two persons in support of each other does not mean that there is fraud or intention to fraud. After all, many CEOs have their right-hand men and they run honest companies.

from an audit point of view, two persons in strong support of each other may lead to a breakdown of the audit process; because the processes are audited on the assumption that there is no collusion; if there is possibility of collusion, it may lead to illegal activities; if the support is very strong indeed, it will lead to passing of motions under the law where the same objective of material benefit is legally achieved.

the second, since it is legal, will not be punished under the law. But it may not be the objective that the NCC churchgoer willingly wants. The only safeguard is to be discerning. You can only be discerning for yourself and not for others.

ON A FINAL NOTE, I want to say that Joseph Prince's teachings on grace has many positive points. I hope that if the reservations are true, then may he concentrate once again, on the message of grace to bring comfort to others and not allow wealth to be his stumbling block.

"Remember your first love"

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, so far the NCC fellas do not seem to be disputing the fact that Prince is the one receiving the more than $500K salary. The issue now is whether Prince lied to the reporters when he was interviewed on 5th Oct 2008. In the interview, he denied receiving $50K a month salary. The NCC fella points is that even assuming $550K annual salary that Prince received last year, that worked out to be $45.8K a month. So, Prince didn't lied.

Of course, for most of us, we know that what Prince said may be true, technically speaking, but is NOT the truth...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the end, what's the point?

kojakbt, cease and desist - there's no point.

Well, at least we can put it down in wiki so that younger generation of people can read about it and decide for themselves. I've been told that some of the teenagers, after hearing Prince's words, donate their entire savings to NCC. One forumer reported that his teenage nephew did that and the family went down to NCC and demand the money back..:smile:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, so far the NCC fellas do not seem to be disputing the fact that Prince is the one receiving the more than $500K salary. The issue now is whether Prince lied to the reporters when he was interviewed on 5th Oct 2008. In the interview, he denied receiving $50K a month salary. The NCC fella points is that even assuming $550K annual salary that Prince received last year, that worked out to be $45.8K a month. So, Prince didn't lied.

Of course, for most of us, we know that what Prince said may be true, technically speaking, but is NOT the truth...

if you want to deal with technicality, it's the truth...:biggrin:

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal

The nature of prince has been revealed in this episode. What else is there to say?

People thought that $500,000 is all prince earns. That earning is from the NCC which is regulated by the CoC. That is why it has to be declared. The commercial activities earnings are private and do not need to be declared.

You might like to ask NCC what is the total amount of all donations to charities, missions and social services? Is it also $500,000? If it is, then you get an idea of their priorities.

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, at least we can put it down in wiki so that younger generation of people can read about it and decide for themselves. I've been told that some of the teenagers, after hearing Prince's words, donate their entire savings to NCC. One forumer reported that his teenage nephew did that and the family went down to NCC and demand the money back..:smile:

There had been some ex-NCC people who wanted to sue prince for return of their tithes, but the pastor of that church announced publicly during service that it is not the right thing to do. Yes, at least two groups had moved away to start their own church. One of them is (was?) prince's close friend/ex-colleague.

Disgruntled people who donated are not only found in NCC. They can be found in every spectrum of religion and charities. You can see prince-equivalents in other churches, other religions and charities. People who are charismatic, convince you of their cause and because of that you gave, only to regret later. Therefore it is not the religion but the practitioner that is the issue. And if you are not discerning enough and regret giving, well, that's tough because no one is going to cry for you. :cool:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might like to ask NCC what is the total amount of all donations to charities, missions and social services? Is it also $500,000? If it is, then you get an idea of their priorities.

I can ask but you think they will say? They will come back and fight with me asking for proof and objective references!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
There had been some ex-NCC people who wanted to sue prince for return of their tithes, but the pastor of that church announced publicly during service that it is not the right thing to do. Yes, at least two groups had moved away to start their own church. One of them is (was?) prince's close friend/ex-colleague.

Bro, if you have contacts of these people, let me know and I'll go talk to them. I think they'd be more willing to talk... :smile:

Therefore it is not the religion but the practitioner that is the issue. And if you are not discerning enough and regret giving, well, that's tough because no one is going to cry for you. :cool:

Agree. the practitioner is the issue.

For those adults, I guess you can say that they are matured enough to "go in" with their eyes open. But for those teenagers, I think there is a need to guide them...