• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ravi Philemon: Authorities Should Investigate Suspected Insider Trading Of SMRT Stock

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

RAVI PHILEMON: AUTHORITIES SHOULD INVESTIGATE SUSPECTED INSIDER TRADING OF SMRT STOCKS
Post date: 24 May 2014 - 3:38pm

ravipolice.PNG

Ravi Philemon has filed a police report over suspected insider trading of the shares of Singapore's Land Transportation companies, particularly SMRT Corp and Comfort Delgro.

Here are the details of the report:

(Police Report Number: F/20140524/2077)

Brief Details.

I refer to the newspaper report "Transport Stocks up on talk of changes," published in My Paper dated 21 May 2014. The report said that the land transport stocks powered ahead on Tuesday, 20 May 2014, on speculation that key structural changes to the Land Transport Industry were imminent. The Minister of Transport announced these policy changes, a new framework for how public buses will operate, on late Wednesday afternoon 21 May 2014.

By that time, according to the newspaper report, SMRT Corp's stocks climbed 14cents of 10.9% to reach 11-month high of $1.48/-, with 21.3 Million shares changing hands, and that Comfort Delgro Corp's Stocks rose by 7 cents or 3% to hit a sever year high of $2.38/-, with 11.4 Million shares transacted. On Tuesday 20 May 2014, SMRT Corp was among the day's top gainers, far outstripping the Straits Times Index's small 3.04 point rise.

I would like Monetary Authority of Singapore, Commercial Affairs Department and the Singapore Police Force to investigate if any Land Transport Companies' Shareholders engaged in inside trading making use of non-public and materially price-sensitive information which were in their possession for their own benefits.

*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152504365843277&set=a.11344228...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Ravi Philemon: Authorities Should Investigate Suspected Insider Trading Of SMRT S

altogether now! HUAT AH!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ravi Philemon: Authorities Should Investigate Suspected Insider Trading Of SMRT S

Got to give it Ravi. Philemon. This guy is a true and brave Singaporean. He was former TOC editor. Then you have Choo Zheng Xi also a TOC editor and a founder who will make huge noise about the press taking photos of youth offenders. Note which editor is more damaging to the PAP. Choo links the PAP and cabinet is a matter of record. Freedom fighter my arse.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some people will always get two eggs with their char kuey teow. With power comes great re$pon$ibilitie$....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Got to give it Ravi. Philemon. This guy is a true and brave Singaporean. He was former TOC editor. Then you have Choo Zheng Xi also a TOC editor and a founder who will make huge noise about the press taking photos of youth offenders. Note which editor is more damaging to the PAP. Choo links the PAP and cabinet is a matter of record. Freedom fighter my arse.

Why the fuck do you need to compare both of them? Each of them have their strengths why do you need to put down one editor? It seems that all cos Ravi is a shit skin that is why you need to overly praise him. It's this sickening fawning over someone all cos he's an indian that i have noticed from some ppl.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Some people will always get two eggs with their char kuey teow. With power comes great re$pon$ibilitie$....

nabei... now i finally understand why pinky ordered "meesiam mai hum"...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roy Ngerng should take a leaf from Ravi-present as many facts that you can gather and attack the scheme/policies ,not the person.

Articulate them clearly and loudly and people can put 2 and 2 together and know which policies of the PAP has caused extreme hardship to them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes and no. The CPF argument is hard to follow by the general public. None of the usual critics including Alex Au, VW etc have not been able to tackle it. This CPF changed dramatically in 1999. All these years nothing happened. The constant grip was the withdrawal age and the Govt usual retort was that it was protecting those will limited financial discipline to help themselves. Sounds good on the surface.

It was Roy who raised the spectre about use of CPF funs and unethical enrichment that was going on.

Roy's mistake was going overboard by claiming a crime when process though would be considered unethical by many as it uses individual account holders funds to enrich other entities.

Roy Ngerng should take a leaf from Ravi-present as many facts that you can gather and attack the scheme/policies ,not the person.

Articulate them clearly and loudly and people can put 2 and 2 together and know which policies of the PAP has caused extreme hardship to them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes and no. The CPF argument is hard to follow by the general public. None of the usual critics including Alex Au, VW etc have not been able to tackle it. This CPF changed dramatically in 1999. All these years nothing happened. The constant grip was the withdrawal age and the Govt usual retort was that it was protecting those will limited financial discipline to help themselves. Sounds good on the surface.

It was Roy who raised the spectre about use of CPF funs and unethical enrichment that was going on.

Roy's mistake was going overboard by claiming a crime when process though would be considered unethical by many as it uses individual account holders funds to enrich other entities.

That is why I had said he is an IDIOT, say it again, "there are many ways to skin a cat".....in this day & age, the opposing side are still playing themselves into their game & get themselves SKINNED!!

Come on...be more savvy!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Note which editor is more damaging to the PAP. Choo links the PAP and cabinet is a matter of record. .

"Locky" rocks! LOL ... youngest in history at Speakers Corner....spawn for a future undercover scum...who would have predicted that?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why I had said he is an IDIOT, say it again, "there are many ways to skin a cat".....in this day & age, the opposing side are still playing themselves into their game & get themselves SKINNED!!

Come on...be more savvy!

We need more IEDs [Individualistic & Ethical Dissension].......LOL

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

We certainly do not need IDIOTS....

I have to agree with you. Fighting against an army when you all you did was to fight like an army of one with just a shouting banner.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Authorities Should Investigate Suspected Insider Trading of Olam

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

No evidence means no offence ....

Ir that the rumors were already circulating .....

Or they just couldnt be bothered because a lot of the pap cronies are gonna get their hands chopped off because of this?

Please la.....rule of law......hahahahhahaha lampar understand!!!

Or

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Come on...be more savvy!

Totally agree. I hope that come GE 2016, our opposition candidates will be more savvy, not stoopig.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sacrificial lambs, scapegoats these can be had if there is sufficient noise. It is actually not difficult to prove insider trading as all trades are transparent.