• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Racist Female Malay teacher

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/Breaking+News/SE+Asia/Story/STIStory_268024.html

Students sue teacher for racism

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>
<!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
bn-sea-samyvellu.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Malaysia's top ethnic Indian politician, Samy Vellu (left), president of the Malaysian Indian Congress, is also calling for sterner disciplinary action against the teacher.
-- JOHN HENG

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

KUALA LUMPUR - THREE ethnic Indian teenagers plan to sue their Malaysian schoolteacher for defamation after she taunted them with racial insults in a case that has outraged the minority community, a lawyer said on Thursday.

The ethnic Malay female history teacher has been transferred out of her school after she reportedly acknowledged making racial remarks such as calling Indians 'black monkeys' and accusing them of involvement in thuggery and theft.

The case has bolstered complaints by Malaysia's minorities that racism by the majority Malay population is entrenched and institutionalised.

Some 500 ethnic Indians protested outside the school in central Selangor state last week after the teenage students filed a police complaint against her. Police said she would not be charged because she had not committed a criminal offense.

Three of the students plan to sue the teacher later this month because 'she made false allegations that go right to the roots of their origins', said their lawyer, S.N. Pathmanabhan.

They will decide what kind of compensation they want later.

The students will also write to the government to demand the teacher be fired, he said.

It is the latest incident causing racial friction in a country that takes pride in its multiethnic peace and stability. Malay Muslims comprise about 60 percent of Malaysia's 27 million people.

Ethnic Chinese constitute a quarter of the population, while Indians make up less than 10 per cent.

Malaysia's top ethnic Indian politician, Samy Vellu, president of the Malaysian Indian Congress, is also calling for sterner disciplinary action against the teacher.

'This sort of people will give the government ... a bad name and may reduce the support of the Indian community', Mr Samy said in a statement on Wednesday.

Minority Indians largely voted against the government in March general elections amid rising complaints that the Malay-dominated ruling coalition deprives them of economic and educational opportunities and promotes religious discrimination. -- AP

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This teacher is not alone. I have been told that most civil servants, esp police give 3rd class treatment to all non-melayu in Mudland.

prdsingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This teacher is not alone. I have been told that most civil servants, esp police give 3rd class treatment to all non-melayu in Mudland.

Today is friday. Look at the roads within 100m radius of any mosque and you tell me what is special treatment

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today is friday. Look at the roads within 100m radius of any mosque and you tell me what is special treatment

not say I want to stir shit but sometime back I was sending my parents to a temple to burn incenses and we all parked along the side road (please note - side road, very little vehicles and not main road). There must have been at least 50 - 80 cars along both sides. suay suay kanna complaint and slapped with a $100 fine (I think).

I remonstrate with the policemen, asking them to exercise common sense. But they still insist.

Now, my question to all as per written by prdsingh, is mosques how? churches how?

The thing is in a multi-religious, multi racial society, this kind of things happens all the time. Just do not treat as a systematic thing and start attacking one another.

We all have our privileges and peeves.

prdsingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudder shoutload

What country is not multi-religious or multi-racial?

Malays don get summon cos PAP scared of uprising.

Christians dont get summon cos PAP full of Christian fundamentals.

Chinks already have lots of privileges so must summon

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe ... in the end, I wrote a nasty letter to the police and got my fine waived. wat a waste of time for everyone.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudder shoutload

What country is not multi-religious or multi-racial?

Malays don get summon cos PAP scared of uprising.

Christians dont get summon cos PAP full of Christian fundamentals.

Chinks already have lots of privileges so must summon

btw, Brother prdsingh

are you Sikh? or Hindu? I was shocked to read from the religious writeup on National Day that the Hindu Endowment Board had declared that "it is impossible for anyone to convert to Hinduism".

while each religion has it own idiosyncracy, to disallow outsiders to convert to one's religion seem suicidal. The growth is purely internal and dependent on natural birth. It just seems mindboggling to me in view of the tussle between Christians, Taoists and Buddhists for the souls of the Chinese community in Singapore.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christians dont get summon cos PAP full of Christian fundamentals

I think there are few "christian fundamentals" in the PAP.

So it is wrong to equate PAP to the christian fundamentals.

Christian fundamentals are people who observe the Sabath, do not eat pork, shell fish etc., do not drink coffee or coca cola etc.

Most christians in Singapore or PAP are either the protestants or catholics and they do not observe Sabath, eat pork etc, drink coffee or coca cola.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there are few "christian fundamentals" in the PAP.

So it is wrong to equate PAP to the christian fundamentals.

Christian fundamentals are people who observe the Sabath, do not eat pork, shell fish etc., do not drink coffee or coca cola etc.

Most christians in Singapore or PAP are either the protestants or catholics and they do not observe Sabath, eat pork etc, drink coffee or coca cola.

I would think that any Christian who wants to continue banning homos and abortions are rather fundamental.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... suay suay kanna complaint and slapped with a $100 fine (I think).

I remonstrate with the policemen, asking them to exercise common sense. But they still insist. ...
tink dey expected u 2 opt 2 pay ze fine on ze spot ... :wink: :p

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walau, minah is so racist!

Maybe minah only dare do neh neh. Wonder what happen if the students are chinks :confused:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
About a decade ago, I tried to report a robbery at JB police station. The police laughed at me and told me to go home.