• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown residents worship the Queen instead of LKY

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Long live the Queen' archway in Queenstown raises some eyebrows

Sep 29, 2013

By Melody Zaccheus

ST_20130929_QUEEN29_3858365e.jpg

An archway in Queenstown proclaiming "Long live the Queen" has left some scratching their heads, even as residents gathered last night for a concert to mark the estate's 60th anniversary.

The arch was put up as part of the celebrations at the estate, which was named after Queen Elizabeth II. Nine of 15 Singaporeans The Sunday Times spoke to described the arch as odd, calling it a "colonial hangover".

"It's not appropriate as we are an independent country and no longer under British rule," said polytechnic course manager Tia Boon Sim, 57, who lived in Queenstown for the first 16 years of her life.

Since Sept 13, the estate has been marking its anniversary with a two-week-long arts and heritage festival, which includes 37 performances and exhibitions. Over 22,700 residents attended these events. An anniversary concert was held at Tanglin Halt Community Plaza last night.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"It's not appropriate as we are an independent country and no longer under British rule," said polytechnic course manager Tia Boon Sim, 57, who lived in Queenstown for the first 16 years of her life.

We're still a Commonwealth country, no? We're still using UK English, no? We still bend over backwards when the British royalty came to visit, no?

So, what's the problem, patriotic dumbfucks? :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to some uncles who still remember british rule, life was much better than it is today. They didn't try to squeeze Sporeans .
There were no mult-millionaire civil servants. Even LKY was sad to see them leave Spore:eek:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I wonder if we would be better off under the british,,,actually HK has alot of freedoms,,but what fuck HK up was the control of the developers,,and this existed due to british control...but made worse by the CCP.

Now PAP is filling the role of the developers,,,,squeezing the people to get richer....

According to some uncles who still remember british rule, life was much better than it is today. They didn't try to squeeze Sporeans .
There were no mult-millionaire civil servants. Even LKY was sad to see them leave Spore:eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I wonder if we would be better off under the british,,,actually HK has alot of freedoms,,but what fuck HK up was the control of the developers,,and this existed due to british control...but made worse by the CCP.

Now PAP is filling the role of the developers,,,,squeezing the people to get richer....

I have no doubt that life would have been better for "lesser mortals"
The fact that it was a PAP MP who used the term "lesser mortal" explains our current problem. Sporeans have simply exchanged rulers. We now have an emperor instead of a queen. At least under the Brits the common citizens enjoyed some rights.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder Old Fart had to say singapore was a fishing village. He had to made the POMs look bad to make himself look better...

I have no doubt that life would have been better for "lesser mortals"
The fact that it was a PAP MP who used the term "lesser mortal" explains our current problem. Sporeans have simply exchanged rulers. We now have an emperor instead of a queen. At least under the Brits the common citizens enjoyed some rights.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder Old Fart had to say singapore was a fishing village. He had to made the POMs look bad to make himself look better...

I think LKY is over rated. Little credit is given to the nameless others who did the actual work. Once he ups the lorry there will be a more balanced review of what he actually did & not do.
Without the protection of the "official" media he may even become someone despised , something like Stalin, Marcos, Suharto, ... Just another opportunist.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
KNNBCCB Lee Kuan Yew if he has his way he will definite change it to Harrytown, why not it's in Tanjong Pagar GRC. :oIo:PAP :oIo:LKY

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we look at media changes for the past 10 years or even more, there has been more praise on Old fart and pinky and the work done by the old guards have been diminished.

Look at Goh keng swee,,,its amazing how little many singaporeans know of him.

I think LKY is over rated. Little credit is given to the nameless others who did the actual work. Once he ups the lorry there will be a more balanced review of what he actually did & not do.
Without the protection of the "official" media he may even become someone despised , something like Stalin, Marcos, Suharto, ... Just another opportunist.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY should be credited for using the capable people who contributed greatly to Singapore then. eg: that Dutch economic adviser.

when we have a non-PAP government. the historical revisionism of LKY and PAP will naturally develop. we will have the balanced review ( both positives and negatives ) of our country's history.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I rather support the Queen than our KFC Tony Tan and Prata Man..

I rather support the Queen and any one else than that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.
May LKY go die soon and in great pain and in terrible fear of the ghouls and demons all waiting and all out to fuck and rape him