• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

No wonder i always hear that KL folks are 'úsed to buying a leasehold property and no issue with it', but do note that medini is different, it's one of it's kind. It is a lease on a freehold land owned by Iskandar investment berhad. Any renewal will have to be with this private limited and not with the government. Maybe 129 years later the land will be as valuable as shenton way, they will want to take back and built a multi billion condo. Anyway i will not be there to find out :p

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you get to own whats below your land too if I am not wrong. Maybe is that why they are called Land & Mines Dept

No. You buy only the right to use the land for your purpose ie dwelling.
Anything else need to apply to the Government. And whatever inside there will be taxed.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a discussion going on btw a high-end Sporean property developer with UEM to develop a the land facing the public marina ( which was rumoured to be Fullerton Hotel but never materialise ultimately ).

The land is currently an open space carpark and the said land is just next to Convention Centre which is going to undergo massive construction soon.. If the talk goes through, this building will be the highest hotel in Southern part of Malaysia.

Cant reveal anything more as this has not been finalised.. Not a rumour but real talks going on

Anyway, with Frasers, Pan Pacific, Sheraton Hotels, Asscot all coming into the game, I just don't think they are all so dumb to throw their money into this part of Malaysia. Surely all of them knows something about the statistics. Real Statistics I mean, not those propanganda shit from Singapore's Straits Time.

Straits Time. Read only the Good Stuff ( About Singapore )

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a discussion going on btw a high-end Sporean property developer with UEM to develop a the land facing the public marina ( which was rumoured to be Fullerton Hotel but never materialise ultimately ).

The land is currently an open space carpark and the said land is just next to Convention Centre which is going to undergo massive construction soon.. If the talk goes through, this building will be the highest hotel in Southern part of Malaysia.

Cant reveal anything more as this has not been finalised.. Not a rumour but real talks going on

Anyway, with Frasers, Pan Pacific, Sheraton Hotels, Asscot all coming into the game, I just don't think they are all so dumb to throw their money into this part of Malaysia. Surely all of them knows something about the statistics. Real Statistics I mean, not those propanganda shit from Singapore's Straits Time.

Straits Time. Read only the Good Stuff ( About Singapore )

If the land is dirt cheap why not? After all most hotel chains are just management contracts, worth to risk.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the land is dirt cheap why not? After all most hotel chains are just management contracts, worth to risk.

so all these hotels so dumb and all choose to risk at same place ? why not they all build at Sentosa , JBCC ? They dun need to answer to their bosses ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
so all these hotels so dumb and all choose to risk at same place ? why not they all build at Sentosa , JBCC ? They dun need to answer to their bosses ?

Cost super high, risk high. Iskandar costs low, risks also low.

Gamble at high stakes table? or gamble on $5 bet table?

Which would you decide?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost super high, risk high. Iskandar costs low, risks also low.

Gamble at high stakes table? or gamble on $5 bet table?

Which would you decide?

and u think the boss will say good job when u gamble with co funds ? LOL .

Cost lower at Ipoh, Muar etc, why dun they build there ??

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
and u think the boss will say good job when u gamble with co funds ? LOL .

Cost lower at Ipoh, Muar etc, why dun they build there ??

All high level jobs need to take gambles, as long as the big boss approves, who is to say anything?

Please don't sprout rubbish statements just to make a point. You can start yawning now.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to buy when all restaurants is empty..:biggrin:
when it's full house, developers will hang themselves up and sell it to u..:p

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
All high level jobs need to take gambles, as long as the big boss approves, who is to say anything?

Please don't sprout rubbish statements just to make a point. You can start yawning now.

who was the one who brought up the gambling rubbish first ? so u hv no answer to my question on why all the hotel choose to build at PH rather than Ipho or Muar ? much cheaper there .

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
who was the one who brought up the gambling rubbish first ? so u hv no answer to my question on why all the hotel choose to build at PH rather than Ipho or Muar ? much cheaper there .

There is absolutely no chance at all to make money there, in Iskandar there is very slim chance. It is like stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea and forced to make a choice, both will lead to doom.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is absolutely no chance at all to make money there, in Iskandar there is very slim chance. It is like stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea and forced to make a choice, both will lead to doom.

Slim chance for me in Iskandar is always better than no chance for me back in Singapore.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya right, slim chance and some many big boys can convince their bosses to 'gamble' at PH ? They can always choose not to invest and stay still ,no ?

Last edited: