• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's get real. In this forum, don't take things seriously. Whatever posted here has no bearing on the outcome of the development. I.e. if it is good, it is good. Don't get nervous when people speak negatively of your investment if you know what you are doing. It is bound to happen as this is an open forum. I for one never doubted imperia is a good investment which will show in a few years, even with all the negative comments and news. Sea facing imperia units will turn out to be the best buy of the whole PH.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya pop in once in a while..... throw some kuaci seeds and kachang shells occasionally.... this is the internet after all ...lol!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xebay you are getting arrogant and not constructive anymore. Tone down ok?

I would gladly, but if you notice, I only post that way because of unconstructive name calling from members who ***arrogantly*** think this thread belongs to them and them only and that only positive comments are acceptable and want to throw people out of this thread, see for yourself who really are the arrogant ones. From a simple lesson in life, they can also claim that I look down on others.

Anyone who engages or fairly debates with me, will be accorded good treatment accordingly. Anyway I have livened this thread tremendously and yes there is a lot of noise from name callers here which I engaged appropriately, if they were simply more mature, then all the noise would not have happened.

Anyway, I guess it all boils down to immaturity and insecurity of people on their purchase, if they are confident and know they have made a good decision, they would not resort to name calling in the first place, I just exposed them and they don't like it big time.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's get real. In this forum, don't take things seriously. Whatever posted here has no bearing on the outcome of the development. I.e. if it is good, it is good. Don't get nervous when people speak negatively of your investment if you know what you are doing. It is bound to happen as this is an open forum. I for one never doubted imperia is a good investment which will show in a few years, even with all the negative comments and news. Sea facing imperia units will turn out to be the best buy of the whole PH.

Yes of course, and if you slam Melbourne, I have no issues to, I made a decision and am confident of my decision, so whatever the outcome, is only the result of my decision. Negative comments are good as I may learn from them. Nobody gets experience without lessons in life.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would gladly, but if you notice, I only post that way because of unconstructive name calling from members who ***arrogantly*** think this thread belongs to them and them only and that only positive comments are acceptable and want to throw people out of this thread, see for yourself who really are the arrogant ones. From a simple lesson in life, they can also claim that I look down on others.

Anyone who engages or fairly debates with me, will be accorded good treatment accordingly. Anyway I have livened this thread tremendously and yes there is a lot of noise from name callers here which I engaged appropriately, if they were simply more mature, then all the noise would not have happened.

Anyway, I guess it all boils down to immaturity and insecurity of people on their purchase, if they are confident and know they have made a good decision, they would not resort to name calling in the first place, I just exposed them and they don't like it big time.

It's not that only positive comments are welcome at all. For instance, the rentals being achieved at Imperia are absolute dog shit. I was interested in exploring more about the relative yield (Pioneer units were marketed at around RM800psf I believe) between imperia, upcoming Teega (also cheap Psf), more reasonable Southern marina and the outrageous Puteri cove assuming constant demand and whether imperia Psf sets a floor or ceiling. Instead, the conversation got hijacked. I don't get why you think everyone is some screeching Pollyanna, with rose-tinted spectacles. There is plenty of weary scepticism in this board.

Manhattan is correct, good projects will win out, negative talk doesn't concern me (I put every cent I had into mining and bank shares in April '09, having taken six months out for travel...I'm not risk averse or crowd-driven) it's just frustration at non-sequiturs being thrown around and the inhibition of more fruitful discussions. Anyway, as you say, it's an open board.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visited a friend's unit at Impiana recently. Huge place! But thought the fridge area too small....and didn't quite fancy the open kitchen concept.:o

I have seen only the 4 bedroom 2174 units and that has a very sizeable wet kitchen as well. Overall very well planned unit. I understand from agents that they are getting leased out quite easily.

I agree, both the fridge areas (one in wet and the other in dry kitchen) was small. They could have planned space for at least one double door fridge. Also, the quality of kitchen cabinets, particularly the paper thin laminate was quite crappy, but then, at RM 350 - 450 psf launch, you get what you pay for ......

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen only the 4 bedroom 2174 units and that has a very sizeable wet kitchen as well. Overall very well planned unit. I understand from agents that they are getting leased out quite easily.

I agree, both the fridge areas (one in wet and the other in dry kitchen) was small. They could have planned space for at least one double door fridge. Also, the quality of kitchen cabinets, particularly the paper thin laminate was quite crappy, but then, at RM 350 - 450 psf launch, you get what you pay for ......

Do u mean Imperial was launched at only RM350 -450 psf ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not that only positive comments are welcome at all. For instance, the rentals being achieved at Imperia are absolute dog shit. I was interested in exploring more about the relative yield (Pioneer units were marketed at around RM800psf I believe) between imperia, upcoming Teega (also cheap Psf), more reasonable Southern marina and the outrageous Puteri cove assuming constant demand and whether imperia Psf sets a floor or ceiling. Instead, the conversation got hijacked. I don't get why you think everyone is some screeching Pollyanna, with rose-tinted spectacles. There is plenty of weary scepticism in this board.

Manhattan is correct, good projects will win out, negative talk doesn't concern me (I put every cent I had into mining and bank shares in April '09, having taken six months out for travel...I'm not risk averse or crowd-driven) it's just frustration at non-sequiturs being thrown around and the inhibition of more fruitful discussions. Anyway, as you say, it's an open board.

Then let the discussions flow.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah...I think the fridge area is a let down....only meant for thin fridge...or stack up two minibars in wet and dry kitchen...LOL!

Space wise....I super like! Was joking with my friend that the living room area can convert to a dance studio if put mirrors on both walls and put those ballet side bars....LOL! My friend bought close to RM 1 million. But if I have the money (which I don't :o), I would go for Senibong Cove...slightly over 1500sqft and about RM1.2 million...like the whole "waterfront" and parks concept..:p

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spot on!

I have learnt one thing the hard way after buying a crappy left over unit in a good location. Location, location, location is definitely important, however, a lot depends on the actual unit you buy. It is always advisable to wait for the next launch, pay a bit extra (if one can afford to), and buy one of the better units in the development. Perhaps also spend a bit extra in renovation and differentiate. I am not saying that one should go overboard but things like slightly better appliances, quality curtains etc. As a rule of thumb an extra amount equivalent of 2-3 months worth of rent that one can recover easily if the unit gets taken up faster.

At the end of the day, in a high risk developing resgion, even if the potential for occupancy is 20% in the initial years, you need to make sure that it is your unit that makes it to that 20%.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a good tip!

Spot on!

I have learnt one thing the hard way after buying a crappy left over unit in a good location. Location, location, location is definitely important, however, a lot depends on the actual unit you buy. It is always advisable to wait for the next launch, pay a bit extra (if one can afford to), and buy one of the better units in the development. Perhaps also spend a bit extra in renovation and differentiate. I am not saying that one should go overboard but things like slightly better appliances, quality curtains etc. As a rule of thumb an extra amount equivalent of 2-3 months worth of rent that one can recover easily if the unit gets taken up faster.

At the end of the day, in a high risk developing resgion, even if the potential for occupancy is 20% in the initial years, you need to make sure that it is your unit that makes it to that 20%.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on!

In a market like Johor, or even Singapore, with oversupply, to make it to the occupied stage is not just location, location, location, but also price, price, price and that is where the strongest investors with good financials can survive, it is a tenant's and buyer's market out there.