• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Umm... I'm being offered from the Malaysia arm of an international bank a RM loan BLR +0.65% with no lock in. Deposit down 40% currently. I see others seem to be getting BLR MINUS. Are they trying to rip me off?

On a positive side is return of weak RM. some mentioned being sad not to switch at 3.10 a while back, we're back at 3.09 today.

Aha... I see it's just the difference between old mortgages on BLR and new framework BR. Doesn't seem so bad after all, now.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank here, the Johor and Malaysia police have improved leaps and bounds in terms of standard and attitude.

They used to ask me for coffee money when I sped down Jalan Skudai @ 2am in the morning a decade ago.

Now they are focusing more on robbers and crimes. I used to spend wee hours awake and driving leisurely around JB and SG to see developments. When I am in Nusajaya I tend to drive faster ( above 100km/hour ) so as not to let robbers tail me. Even though my fears are unfounded, I still take precautions.

For every 1 Patrol car you can see in Singapore, you get to see about 4-5 now in JB inclusive of polis bikes. Its THAT many. I got taxi drivers in JB ( sometimes when I drink I don't drive and I do the same in JB. Thanks to SPF campaign! ) telling me they don't understand why there are suddenly so many police patrols in JB in the past 5 years. Its really a lot and I see them almost every night when I am out for supper and spin around PH, Medini and Bukit Indah area. I am talking about wee hours of the morning.

The Danga Bay road outside Country Gardens and Greenland before Sultan residence will be converted into a makeshift racing track for soup-up protons and bikes every Friday morning ( their sch weekend ). These young malay boys are daring and I feel ashamed seeing them do stunts on their mini bikes. I couldn't do those on my BMX when I was a boy.

IF you are lucky ( or unluck ), you see 2-3 racing cars zoom past you at breakneck speed even when you are driving at 100km/hour. These chaps must have bought millions of insurance to standby. But heck in Spore you get to see these shit heads as well. That's why I always advise my friends to avoid buying Danga Bay. Those chaps like me who has been there and observe the shit will never buy into Danga Bay.

Hooigans, yes. I saw 2 burly Indian chaps ( not racist here please ) arguing and chest vs chest in a road dispute ( not sure what happened before as I just pass by ) and 5-8 polis were standing nearby to observe in case they fight. But both appeared to be drunk. To be fair, worse shit has happened in Clarke Quay every Friday and Saturday nights. Taxi drivers in spore were beaten, split and thrashed. All these need no elaboration

Yea in the past 10 years this is perhaps the most "hooligan" case I spot. 95% of the Malaysians are friendly although there are some who will get agitated when they see you driving a "more expensive" SINGAPORE plated car. They feel inferior and this I cant blame them. Over here in Singapore, we also got the HDBs vs GCBs dwellers or Condos category etc. It happens everywhere. Just rem you are in a foreign land and you are a guest. Smile often. It will help to ease tensions

Wah..dun play play...you are sure a serious investor. PH is definitely very different from rest of Iskandar.
Can you tell me at 2 am or 5am, any sign of police patrol cars or any sign of hooligans?

I look forward to the day where I can stay there for a few days once a while, get on the ferry and go to Batam on a day trip or charter a yacht. Come back in the evening, soak in the swimming pools. Encorp has 6 pools...lol before enjoying my dinner at Spices or beer at Brussels and see my favorite foot ball team in action. That's life. :smile:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is this Indian Rest eatery along Medini road. I tried it several times and the biryani is fantastic

Wah..dun play play...you are sure a serious investor. PH is definitely very different from rest of Iskandar.
Can you tell me at 2 am or 5am, any sign of police patrol cars or any sign of hooligans?

I look forward to the day where I can stay there for a few days once a while, get on the ferry and go to Batam on a day trip or charter a yacht. Come back in the evening, soak in the swimming pools. Encorp has 6 pools...lol before enjoying my dinner at Spices or beer at Brussels and see my favorite foot ball team in action. That's life. :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank here, the Johor and Malaysia police have improved leaps and bounds in terms of standard and attitude.

They used to ask me for coffee money when I sped down Jalan Skudai @ 2am in the morning a decade ago.

Now they are focusing more on robbers and crimes. I used to spend wee hours awake and driving leisurely around JB and SG to see developments. When I am in Nusajaya I tend to drive faster ( above 100km/hour ) so as not to let robbers tail me. Even though my fears are unfounded, I still take precautions.

For every 1 Patrol car you can see in Singapore, you get to see about 4-5 now in JB inclusive of polis bikes. Its THAT many. I got taxi drivers in JB ( sometimes when I drink I don't drive and I do the same in JB. Thanks to SPF campaign! ) telling me they don't understand why there are suddenly so many police patrols in JB in the past 5 years. Its really a lot and I see them almost every night when I am out for supper and spin around PH, Medini and Bukit Indah area. I am talking about wee hours of the morning.

The Danga Bay road outside Country Gardens and Greenland before Sultan residence will be converted into a makeshift racing track for soup-up protons and bikes every Friday morning ( their sch weekend ). These young malay boys are daring and I feel ashamed seeing them do stunts on their mini bikes. I couldn't do those on my BMX when I was a boy.

IF you are lucky ( or unluck ), you see 2-3 racing cars zoom past you at breakneck speed even when you are driving at 100km/hour. These chaps must have bought millions of insurance to standby. But heck in Spore you get to see these shit heads as well. That's why I always advise my friends to avoid buying Danga Bay. Those chaps like me who has been there and observe the shit will never buy into Danga Bay.

Hooigans, yes. I saw 2 burly Indian chaps ( not racist here please ) arguing and chest vs chest in a road dispute ( not sure what happened before as I just pass by ) and 5-8 polis were standing nearby to observe in case they fight. But both appeared to be drunk. To be fair, worse shit has happened in Clarke Quay every Friday and Saturday nights. Taxi drivers in spore were beaten, split and thrashed. All these need no elaboration

Yea in the past 10 years this is perhaps the most "hooligan" case I spot. 95% of the Malaysians are friendly although there are some who will get agitated when they see you driving a "more expensive" SINGAPORE plated car. They feel inferior and this I cant blame them. Over here in Singapore, we also got the HDBs vs GCBs dwellers or Condos category etc. It happens everywhere. Just rem you are in a foreign land and you are a guest. Smile often. It will help to ease tensions

Good first hand experience. Somehow I always think Nusajaya side is safer than the other part of JB. Maybe it is still new and Kota Iskandar is there. Thanks.

----------------------------------------

Malaysian Police go Ninja. Kawasaki Ninja. No less than 1000 Kawasaki Ninja 250R have been commissioned for the Unit Rondaan Bermotosikal (Malaysian for motorcycle patrol unit), and 560 have already been delivered.

The Ninja 250R has received a major update for 2013 and we're basically looking at the 249cc version of the acclaimed Ninja 300, with ABS and a fuel-injected engine, sleeveless cylinders and dual throttle valves, all-new exhaust and all.

With the Ninjas nicely painted in the elegant Malaysian Police color scheme and receiving panniers, lights and sirens, a nice big parade ensued, as expected. The URB also uses Honda ST1300 and Can-Am Spyders as their vehicles of choice.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/5...ysian-police-bikes-on-parade-video-53578.html

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
MB office is in Kota Iskandar and he has a house in Horizon Hills. Even the Johor Sultan and his kakis visit places like Horizon Hills and Puteri Harbour regularly for golf and makan. The poli got to show face here

I haven't seen the Ninja polis so far. Maybe that's why they are called Ninjas!

I saw the full page advert in Straits Times from Puteri Cove. The ad looks so cool and chic with PAN PACIFIC being announced as their Tower 3 Partner. They have done marvellous job in Bangkok too and I believe both of them will replicate the success in Puteri Harbour.

Good first hand experience. Somehow I always think Nusajaya side is safer than the other part of JB. Maybe it is still new and Kota Iskandar is there. Thanks.

----------------------------------------

Malaysian Police go Ninja. Kawasaki Ninja. No less than 1000 Kawasaki Ninja 250R have been commissioned for the Unit Rondaan Bermotosikal (Malaysian for motorcycle patrol unit), and 560 have already been delivered.

The Ninja 250R has received a major update for 2013 and we're basically looking at the 249cc version of the acclaimed Ninja 300, with ABS and a fuel-injected engine, sleeveless cylinders and dual throttle valves, all-new exhaust and all.

With the Ninjas nicely painted in the elegant Malaysian Police color scheme and receiving panniers, lights and sirens, a nice big parade ensued, as expected. The URB also uses Honda ST1300 and Can-Am Spyders as their vehicles of choice.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/5...ysian-police-bikes-on-parade-video-53578.html

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
MB office is in Kota Iskandar and he has a house in Horizon Hills. Even the Johor Sultan and his kakis visit places like Horizon Hills and Puteri Harbour regularly for golf and makan. The poli got to show face here

I haven't seen the Ninja polis so far. Maybe that's why they are called Ninjas!

I saw the full page advert in Straits Times from Puteri Cove. The ad looks so cool and chic with PAN PACIFIC being announced as their Tower 3 Partner. They have done marvellous job in Bangkok too and I believe both of them will replicate the success in Puteri Harbour.

This is good news for all, buyers and renters alike ;-)

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is this Indian Rest eatery along Medini road. I tried it several times and the biryani is fantastic

Can share location or at least the name? Biryani is my fav. The stall at Anjung also not bad. Mutton RM10, Beef RM9 and Chicken RM8 per plate.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite too..

It is called Indian Kitchen, from Anjung if you head towards Puteri Harbour, take left at the second traffic light into Medini. You will see 1Medini Hub on the right. You can turn immediate right into 1 Medini, drive around, and the restaurant is amongst the shops facing the main road. Just next to the WCT show house.

Try their South Indian as well, the are excellent. The Fish Appam particularly and the Egg Dosa.

https://www.facebook.com/Indiankitchenmedini

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is called Indian Kitchen, from Anjung if you head towards Puteri Harbour, take left at the second traffic light into Medini. You will see 1Medini Hub on the right. You can turn immediate right into 1 Medini, drive around, and the restaurant is amongst the shops facing the main road. Just next to the WCT show house.

Try their South Indian as well, the are excellent. The Fish Appam particularly and the Egg Dosa.

https://www.facebook.com/Indiankitchenmedini

Thanks Bro, I think I passed by it while on my way to Puteri Harbour ;p

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same group has also started a really good whiskey place at Puteri harbour called dine I think . It's next to olive. Try it I found it quite nice

saw this ad in their facebook, cheap until dontknowhatosay, to me that is! will try soon.

11781783_390296931167384_2327744945223281174_n.jpg

it sure is going to be an expat place like clarke quay
look at all the photos here
https://www.facebook.com/dine.com.m...0.1445783673./390560381141039/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/dine.com.my

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
MB has a place in Horizon Hills?

Many big timers stay in HH. The Sultan visit this place regularly and I saw him at least 5 times while golfing at HH.

I supposed the more modern and young rich will prefer Puteri Harbour or Medini iconic buildings with night life just a road away

You will be surprised by the amount of rich staying in HH Golf West Bungalows and Hills bungalows. My cilent retired with S$10 million cash after selling his business and bought just 2 semis side by side for a cheap S$1 million back then. Not sure if he has spent his remaining S$9 million but he always tell me how freaking rich his neighbours are as they could snap up a few bungalows with cash. Welcome to Malaysia rich. 90% of so-called rich Singaporeans pay for their condos using CPF stretched to 30 years and some took renovation loans.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw this ad in their facebook, cheap until dontknowhatosay, to me that is! will try soon.

11781783_390296931167384_2327744945223281174_n.jpg

it sure is going to be an expat place like clarke quay
look at all the photos here
https://www.facebook.com/dine.com.m...0.1445783673./390560381141039/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/dine.com.my

Went to drop by their Indian resturant along Medini again 2 days ago. The food is very nice and on weekdays need to pay RM 2 parking fees. I dont mind though as the food and coke light cost me S$6+

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason I'm asking is that thought the MB also bought another place at Senibong cove..

Seems like he's also placing his bets.. But horizon hills is not too bad.. Although seems like its slightly over crowded due to the many phases

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I understand that banks have the discretion to review and change the margin of the home loans even they put terms like BLR-2.40%

Can I get a feedback from brothers here on their experience from different banks. I have received info that UOB has sent out letters to revise theirs to UOB - 1.60%

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya apparently, it seems my friend whom is non-Malaysian received it. Quite rare to see them revise margin.. if BLR beocs of OPR fluctuation I can understand.

So far my Ambank BLR - 2.4 no notice of revision.
But the t&c does state they reserves the right to do so.
Hopefully they not so On the Ball… :(

:*: