• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok can already !!!!

Pinewoods is impressive !!!! :smile:

Is that Pinewood Studios or Pinetrees ( formerly PineWood) Residence. If it's Pinetree Residences, it is being built in front of Teega Residences and right beside the private marina!!

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that Pinewood Studios or Pinetrees ( formerly PineWood) Residence. If it's Pinetree Residences, it is being built in front of Teega Residences and right beside the private marina!!
Yes that is the one, it does appear to block some of the view from tower A, nothing different from what the models showed. Have a look at the artist rendition of the view of the marina, basically from Teega. What I like is the brochure, how it depicts Puteri Harbour, it shows a future pub near the ICQ :smile: and is more of a vision then I was given by UEM.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Iskandar,

Many thanks.
I just spoke to my bank rep. (after he had checked with developer) and was told that the purchaser would have to pay the S&P stamp duty and the bank loan stamp duty.
If I remember correctly, the Teega agent did mention that developer would cover the stamp duty. At that point in time, did not ask which stamp duty as I was not aware of bank loan stamp duty.

Can anyone recall what was verbally told by Teega agent or anything to support in writing.

Once again, appreciate your response.

Yes, there are 2 stamp duties + legal fee to be paid. First on the S&P Agreement & MOT based on the purchase price. Second one, if you take a loan there is another legal fee and stamp duty based on the loan amount.

For TEEGA, as I understand:

1) The Stamp Duty on S&P Agreement & MOT is to be paid by Purchaser. This will need to be paid around completion. However, UEM will cover the related Legal Fee.

2) The will also cover the Stamp Duty + Legal Fee on loan documentation (in addition to the interest during progressive payment) ONLY if you opt for the DIBS.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is quoted from a Dec 2012 presentation by UEM that they had secured the routes. Did not indicate start of operations.

now is almost end of Dec 2012 but nothing happening at the harborfront ferry terminal link to PH...?

"Secured 3 routes - Tanjung Balai Karimun, Harborbay Batam and Harbourfront
To be operational by end Dec 2012. "

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there, I'm a S4 purchaser as well.. future neighbour! :wink: which floor did you buy? I opt DIBS, even if you have cash, you put it in bank fixed deposit, it will generate 3% per year.. so the 10psf rebate from UEM will not cover..

Can I ask what is the expected rental of the large unit? Cos I am not familiar as to how much expats will be prepared to pay.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
SOUTHERN BOOM: JB and by extension, Iskandar will emerge as the hottest place in Malaysia to invest in from 2013, says property consultant

2013 will mark the beginning of a property super cycle for Johor Bahru with prices hitting its highest ever level in Johor’s history, predicts Gavin Tee, an international property consultant and speaker. “Prices there will go all the way to the top, in fact to its highest ever level in history making JB the hottest property market in Malaysia,” said the consultant. He continued, “JB will then be the whole nation’s focus and its property will remain prime property for years after that.”

Citing the recently completed catalytic projects such as LEGOLAND and Educity, and the expected completion of Pinewood Studios etc next year, Tee was confident that these would draw more and more people to Iskandar Malaysia in Johor. “As the capital city of Johor, Johor Bahru would reap the most benefit from the boom in Iskandar, and this is enhanced by its multibillion ringgit city transformation plans.”

“JB and by extension, Iskandar will then emerge as the hottest place in Malaysia to invest in from 2013,” the property man told NST RED in an exclusive interview recently.

Singaporeans have acknowledged this and are in fact shifting their investments into Iskandar, according to reports which also revealed that prices of property bought by these early investors have quadrupled since these projects were launched four years ago.

Singapore forms the largest single foreign investor in Iskandar with many investors proposing big investments in the region, among them billionaire Peter Lim with a planned real estate investment (motorsports hub) of RM3 billion, according to reports.

Successful SEZ models

Tee, who is also the Founder and President of SwhengTee Real Estate Investment Club further said that Iskandar, in addition to Cyberjaya and Greater KL are clearly successful models of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) which he predicted would be the leading property hotspots from 2013 as governments around the world seize upon the model to attract foreign investments. “The people who would benefit most are property investors who realise this and put in their money before anyone else does,” he said.

After JB (Iskandar), the next hotspot is Greater KL which includes Mont’ Kiara followed by Cyberjaya and tourist hotspots such as Penang, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu. Small towns like Kuching, Kuantan and Ipoh will also see some activities, shared Tee.

However, he continued, “Greater KL will not be that hot next year, but would be warming up as KL will once again be the focus three years later when most of the government mega projects such as the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) would be in different stages of completion.”
“KL will definitely be the top hotspot in Malaysia before 2020 with many international investors eyeing it,” he predicted, adding that globalised properties in Bukit Bintang, KLCC, Mont’ Kiara and Petaling Jaya will once again hog the limelight by then.”

Tee added that as the market undergoes changes, the highest and the lowest perceived values may not be the correct values as property value is affected by many factors. Describing this as “The changing face of the real estate world”, Tee said that property investment will definitely undergo a game-changing shift across the world in 2013.

He will speak more on how the rules of the game have changed and how to read the market correctly in a one day seminar on 19th January 2013. To be held at the PWTC (Putra World Trade Centre), the seminar will include an investment programme where Tee will talk on how to identify the entry and exit points of your investments as well as his forecast for 2013. NST RED and New Straits Times are the official media partners for the seminar.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar: Boon or bane for Singapore real estate?
by Tan Chin Keong
04:45 AM Dec 28, 2012
Iskandar Malaysia was launched in November 2006 with the aim of developing the southern Johor region into a strong and sustainable metropolis of international standing.

With a total area of 2,217 sq km, the region will have five flagship zones including the Johor Baru City Centre, Nusajaya and Senai-Skudai, and will incorporate work, live and play elements. A number of key projects have been planned to attract investments into Iskandar, and some have been successfully completed, such as the Johor Premium Outlet and LegoLand.

According to recent reports, as of last September, Iskandar had recorded nearly RM100 billion (S$40 billion) in investments, about 40 per cent of which came from foreign sources.

A number of Singaporean companies such as Ascendas and Raffles Education, and even Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim, have invested in Iskandar-related projects -proof that it is gaining momentum and critical mass.

Given Iskandar's rising prominence and proximity to Singapore, one cannot help but wonder what impact it may have on the property market here.

Industrial real estate to get hit

In my view, the impact will be felt most keenly in the industrial property sector.

Due to the recent shift in government policy, Singapore's immigration and foreign worker rules have been tightened, resulting in rising wage costs, especially for labour-intensive industries such as manufacturing and construction.

In addition, industrial property prices have hit a new record high, driven by low interest rates and buoyant investment demand.

And while industrial property rentals have not risen as much as sale prices, the almost 40 per cent increase in rentals since the third quarter of 2009 has significantly increased tenants' cost base.

With the higher labour and occupancy costs here, industrial firms in Singapore may increasingly find Iskandar to be a good relocation destination.

While this may be a good option for tenants, it could be negative for industrial property demand and prices.

Besides industrial property, Iskandar could also have an impact on Singapore's housing sector.

Current record-high home prices, coupled with the Government's cooling measures and the risk of further curbs if prices continue to rise, could sap potential investment demand for residential property.

Instead, such demand may be diverted towards Iskandar, given the increasing buzz there and the fact that Iskandar's home prices are currently only a fraction of Singapore's.

And if Iskandar's transportation network and security situation are further enhanced, it could add to the attractiveness of residential properties in the region.

Currently, engineering studies are being conducted on the proposed MRT link from Woodlands to Johor Baru that would significantly enhance the convenience of commuting between Iskandar and Singapore.

Indeed, we have recently seen evidence of more Singaporeans investing in residential properties in Iskandar, either for rental income or as a second home.

Long-term gain, short-term pain

Thus, Iskandar Malaysia may be a boon for industrial property tenants and residential real estate investors in Singapore looking for lower-cost alternatives.

It may also be a boon to the Singapore Government's cooling efforts by helping divert investment demand away from the red-hot residential market.

In the long term, with the recent improvement in bilateral relations between Singapore and Malaysia, Iskandar could become a natural hinterland for Singapore, helping the Republic overcome its land constraints.

In the near term, however, Iskandar could be a bane for Singapore industrial property landlords and residential property developers, as it could divert demand away from these two market segments.

Tan Chin Keong is an analyst at UBS CIO Wealth Management Research.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are the one who beat me out for the top floor.... we are just below the top floor I think 33rd (is it 39 including parking and commercial floors? 39 sounds better)
What you are saying with the cash term deposit earing interest while my loan is interest free is what I was wondering about. I have to run the numbers again this weekend, can I leave the lump sum in and handle the principle payments, or do I need to draw down my cash as I go, and what impact that will have on interest earned
I agree on the rental prospects, 1600 sqft and being above the office wing appears to be a positive. My intention is to live there but I may be shipped off somewhere else and have to rent this out. 4 bathrooms though, seems overkill, I was thinking of extending the livingroom or bedroom 2 in place of the bathroom between them?

I bought S4 too, above office tower and one floor below btravelling. Say hi to neighbors. Looking forward from the skyscraper view to the open sea.
For btravelling, your unit should be at level 40, not 39 since there are 33th n 33ath. Nevertheless, I trust we all have a great view of calm open sea toward sg. Teega sure is a value buy since neighbor condo is above $1000psf. Future launch definitely getting higher n more the teega.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bought S4 unit as well on top of the office tower.. i think it's a real good deal for the price.. view definitely unblocked and the quantum after rebate is around 1.1M.. also my assessment, not many units available in puteri harbour area with 1600+ sft, so competition in the future for rental will be lesser..

Large area with more living space, in general, will be a differentiating factor and an added attraction that will justify living in Nusajaya and commuting to Singapore. Lot of condos with larger units have been en blocked in Singapore. They are getting harder to come by. Most of the supply coming in are shoebox and smaller units.

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
just asking for opinions from you all....If you have the chance to choose, would you buy three units (1380sft) in Tower A facing Marina or two units like these and one unit (1621sft) at level 30 serviced suite faing edeck and marina?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All depends on who is staying there. Some like sea, some don't.
With big budget like this, You can even wait for Emerald Bay. :biggrin:

just asking for opinions from you all....If you have the chance to choose, would you buy three units (1380sft) in Tower A facing Marina or two units like these and one unit (1621sft) at level 30 serviced suite faing edeck and marina?

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

If u k afford the penthouse, why not go for it?

I understand that Somerset Puteri Harbour has not released its 4 penthouse mansions yet. There are 2 overlooking the marina. You can checkout with them.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious...how large is the built up?

If u k afford the penthouse, why not go for it?

I understand that Somerset Puteri Harbour has not released its 4 penthouse mansions yet. There are 2 overlooking the marina. You can checkout with them.

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought S4 too, above office tower and one floor below btravelling. Say hi to neighbors. Looking forward from the skyscraper view to the open sea.
For btravelling, your unit should be at level 40, not 39 since there are 33th n 33ath. Nevertheless, I trust we all have a great view of calm open sea toward sg. Teega sure is a value buy since neighbor condo is above $1000psf. Future launch definitely getting higher n more the teega.

Nice.. 3 of us are neighbours then.. view definitely unblocked as the plot of land in front of us are canal housing slated for semid or bungalow plots.. have u guys secure any bank loan? i applied standard chartered but process takes really long!! only yesterday i applied OCBC and public bank as well, let's see which one can process faster.. :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depends on how you plan to use them. Here are my views:

1) If you plan to sell them at completion - 3 units of 1380 sft. Smaller quantum is easier to sell. Also, you have the flexibility to let's say sell 2 and hold one, etc.

2) Short term rental for visitors - 3 units of 1380 sft

3) Long term leases - for the reasons already discussed. Less large units in Puteri Harbour. Large units in Singapore harder to come by

Another option may be to mix and match if your budget permits. One 1621 sft + two 1380 sft. 4 years is a long time. Hard to say which one will give you a better return on investment.

Last edited: