• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

h530251

Alfrescian
Loyal
unable to open the document :(

Thanks everyone for the answers to my DIBS questions, I will not be taking the DIBS option.
Here is a link to some pictures, docs, and videos, some i have posted before and nothing here is so great... however I do like the Puteri Harbour Presentation from Pinetree group, it gave me the best view of what things may be like in the future, have look if you have not seen it before, I wish UEM had something like this.
This link should take you to my skyedrive let me know if it does not work https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C4CD3DF08072BEA!354&authkey=!AISLy2afWyf3YJ8

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
For KL market, I can't tell you much yet till the elections are over.

I am placing the bets in first cos I am a higher risk taker.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some positive news:

Malaysia is expected to continue growth of 5.00-5.50% GDP in 2013

And ita deficit will be cut from current 4.7% to 4.0%.

Philip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say that I am very impressed with all the gurus here and your willingness to share knowledge. Thanks :smile:

Some positive news:

Malaysia is expected to continue growth of 5.00-5.50% GDP in 2013

And ita deficit will be cut from current 4.7% to 4.0%.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking if I should get a second unit at teega. Leftover choices are limited. Looking at tower a very high floor s4. Facing straits and second link. Have some west sun. My aim is for capital gains. Or should I wait to get a small marina facing unit.. Dilemma is psf for teega is too gd to ignore.

linus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking if I should get a second unit at teega. Leftover choices are limited. Looking at tower a very high floor s4. Facing straits and second link. Have some west sun. My aim is for capital gains. Or should I wait to get a small marina facing unit.. Dilemma is psf for teega is too gd to ignore.
Teega as i understand correctly is temporary closed for sale pending price revision. it will be relaunched sometime next year. those who bought it earlier sets to gain

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just confirmed from sales - they will include Legal Fee on Loan Processing + Stamp Duty on Loan + Interest During construction as a part of DIBS. If you don't take it, it is RM10 psf off.

She also mentioned that they have added 3 new banks for DIBS for Teega - HSBC, Hong Leong Bank and Public Bank - this is in addition to the ones approved earlier.

Great! HSBC is also a panel now. Do I have to get loan approval within 14days or XXdays to be eligible for DIBS?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Teega, I understand that MOT stamp duty would by covered by the developer.
But if one were to take a bank loan, I get the impression that there will be a another MOT stamp duty for transferring the strata title from the bank to your name. Is anyone able to confirm this. Thanks.

Yes, there are 2 stamp duties + legal fee to be paid. First on the S&P Agreement & MOT based on the purchase price. Second one, if you take a loan there is another legal fee and stamp duty based on the loan amount.

For TEEGA, as I understand:

1) The Stamp Duty on S&P Agreement & MOT is to be paid by Purchaser. This will need to be paid around completion. However, UEM will cover the related Legal Fee.

2) The will also cover the Stamp Duty + Legal Fee on loan documentation (in addition to the interest during progressive payment) ONLY if you opt for the DIBS.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great! HSBC is also a panel now. Do I have to get loan approval within 14days or XXdays to be eligible for DIBS?

I dont think there is a deadline, as long as you have signed a form electing the DIBS and returned to UEM. However, please check with Sales or your assigned lawyer just to make sure.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
KL is interesting with all the MRT routes taking place. Definitely exciting times ahead.

Already alot of Japanese and Korean construction firms are making their way to KL and waiting to embark on mega projects like the Tun Razak Exchange.

"KUALA LUMPUR: Mega projects under the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) are expected to boost the construction sector to record 11.5 per cent growth year-on-year in 2013.

Alliance Research Sdn Bhd said a total of 149 projects had been announced with a total committed investment of RM212 billion and were expected to generate gross national income of RM137.6 billion in 2020 and create 410,892 jobs.

"The construction sector will likely benefit the most from the ETP investments, with an expected growth rate of 11.5 per cent in 2013.

"While the construction sector itself constitutes a relatively small 3.6 per cent of total gross domestic product compared to services and manufacturing, the multiplier effects from this sector are high given its linkages to other major sub-sectors of the economy," it said in a research note.

Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) said the construction jobs will continue to come from projects under the 10th Malaysia Plan, ETP, Entry Point Projects, Greater Kuala Lumpur, Rural Transformation Programme and Urban Tranformation Programme.

MBAM said to ensure the completion of the projects according to schedule, the government and the private sector must work closely together to ensure they were implemented in a timely manner as the costs will increase if they were delayed.

The association also urged the private and public sectors to work closely to remove bottlenecks on the supply side, in particular foreign skilled labour, in order for the sector to remain robust and continue drive the local economy.

It said for the local contractors to stay competitive against the foreign contractors, it was important for them to undertake continuous efforts to upgrade skills and knowledge, which included internationally-recognised accreditation schemes and meeting world class standards.

"As part of a broader capacity-building process, where builders or contractors are concerned, there is a need to comprehensively integrate and more efficiently utilise new construction methods, practices and technologies in delivering high quality work on par or better than the foreign contractors.

"Equally important, our businesses and organisations need to adhere to the highest standards of accountability and integrity which are critical success factors in enhancing confidence of the global markets in their quality, integrity and productivity," it said.

It said the government could encourage more contractors to go for 'green' buildings by considering grants for the development of 'green' products and technology in Malaysia apart from concentrating on tax incentives.

Going forward, it said, the problems of the shortage of skilled and unskilled workers would weigh on the construction industry.

"At present, there is a critical need to replenish the pool of skilled construction manpower, as the majority of the workers are already ageing.

"It is estimated that 35.1 per cent of local construction personnel would reach the age of 50 and above five years from now.

"The government needs to prepare a long-term strategic plan to address this problem," it said.

MBAM hoped the government would allow the importation of foreign workers from more source countries in Asean, China and India to meet the increased and sustained demand for construction workers especially for the mass rapid transit and other mega projects.

"The government should also need to seriously consider extending the working permit of skilled foreign workers for more than 10 years.

"Although there is a need to limit the number of foreign workers, the gradual limitation of foreign workers in this country must be balanced with the need to provide sufficient numbers of skilled construction workers so that they can contribute towards the economy," it said.

- BERNAMA"

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
now is almost end of Dec 2012 but nothing happening at the harborfront ferry terminal link to PH...?

"Secured 3 routes - Tanjung Balai Karimun, Harborbay Batam and Harbourfront
To be operational by end Dec 2012. "

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
now is almost end of Dec 2012 but nothing happening at the harborfront ferry terminal link to PH...?

"Secured 3 routes - Tanjung Balai Karimun, Harborbay Batam and Harbourfront
To be operational by end Dec 2012. "

I would defer to the learned ones here but i would think likely in March to be fully operational.

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think there is a deadline, as long as you have signed a form electing the DIBS and returned to UEM. However, please check with Sales or your assigned lawyer just to make sure.

Checked with my lawyer and there is no deadline. Might have to opt for the rebate option for one of my units.

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have bought S4 unit as well on top of the office tower.. i think it's a real good deal for the price.. view definitely unblocked and the quantum after rebate is around 1.1M.. also my assessment, not many units available in puteri harbour area with 1600+ sft, so competition in the future for rental will be lesser..

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another DIBS question.
I bought in serviced suites 1,293,888 rebate, 10 + 2%, leaving me with 1,138,622 for my 1621 sqft suite or 702 per sq ft.
I have 60% in cash now I will save another 25% over the construction time, I figure I would not need a bank until the final 20% payment is due at time of possession.
If I do not take DIBS from what I have read here I get another 10RM off the sqft price, that is a saving of 16,210RM whihc is not so much.
If I take DIBS I read here I save the stamp duty (not sure if that is true) I assume this would be significant, can anyone confirm if this is true and what saving this would be?
If I take DIBS I could invest all my cash in GICs over 4 years and pull money out over time and pay the bank as needed.
In this case of using DIBS would I not come out ahead as compared to not taking DIBS?
Or are there other better reasons to be my own financier over the 4 years, making the lump sum payments as needed until I run out of money and then finally take out a mortgage for the last 20% in a nice flexible mortgage.
I assume I would also save the mortgage insurance (5%) this way, which may be significant, and my own bank HSBC is offering 4.15% mortgage slightly better than the DIBS banks? If I get confirmation on stamp duty I will run the numbers and post what I decide to do, but any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there, I'm a S4 purchaser as well.. future neighbour! :wink: which floor did you buy? I opt DIBS, even if you have cash, you put it in bank fixed deposit, it will generate 3% per year.. so the 10psf rebate from UEM will not cover..

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there, I'm a S4 purchaser as well.. future neighbour! :wink: which floor did you buy? I opt DIBS, even if you have cash, you put it in bank fixed deposit, it will generate 3% per year.. so the 10psf rebate from UEM will not cover..
So you are the one who beat me out for the top floor.... we are just below the top floor I think 33rd (is it 39 including parking and commercial floors? 39 sounds better)
What you are saying with the cash term deposit earing interest while my loan is interest free is what I was wondering about. I have to run the numbers again this weekend, can I leave the lump sum in and handle the principle payments, or do I need to draw down my cash as I go, and what impact that will have on interest earned
I agree on the rental prospects, 1600 sqft and being above the office wing appears to be a positive. My intention is to live there but I may be shipped off somewhere else and have to rent this out. 4 bathrooms though, seems overkill, I was thinking of extending the livingroom or bedroom 2 in place of the bathroom between them?