• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

SUTL scraps plans for Puteri Harbour marina, to terminate membership scheme​

SLUGGISH demand for long-term memberships and an unfavourable macro environment have put an end to SUTL Enterprise's plans for ONE°15 Puteri Harbour Malaysia.

In a midday update on Thursday (Feb 24), the mainboard-listed marina developer said it was proposing to terminate its membership scheme for the private yacht club it was building at Puteri Harbour in Johor, Malaysia, under a 60:40 joint venture incorporated with UEM Land Berhad since early 2016.

Citing challenges that arose amid the protracted Covid-19 pandemic, including significant delays in construction and construction costs, SUTL said the club's management had previously considered mapping out a post-pandemic plan for the upcoming private marina and clubhouse.

These plans were however made "untenable" due to the unfavourable macro environment, it said.

SUTL said existing members of the Puteri Harbour club will be offered compensation through a payment refund plus interest, as well as a limited pass to the nearby ONE°15 Estuari Sports Centre.

It is currently seeking club members' approval for the membership scheme termination, which is not expected to have a material effect on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of SUTL for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2022.

The group also intends to sell the assets of ONE°15 Puteri Harbour Malaysia after the membership programme is terminated.

Separately, SUTL on Thursday announced a profit attributable to owners of S$2.4 million for H2 ended Dec 31, 2021. This represents a 32 per cent increase from S$1.8 million the year before on higher revenue, which grew 10 per cent year on year to S$16.7 million from S$15.1 million in H2 FY2020.

The group mainly derives its revenue from operating its flagship marina club at Sentosa, as well as providing consultancy to and managing third-party owned marinas located in China and Indonesia under the ONE°15 brand.

Its FY2021 profit stood at S$4.9 million, up 55 per cent from S$3.2 million in FY2020 on the back of an 18 per cent surge in revenue to S$31.9 million.

Top-line growth for the full year was attributed to higher sales of goods and services, along with a marginal improvement in membership-related fees and management fees.

Earnings per share (EPS) for the H2 ended 2021 stood at S$0.0274 compared to S$0.0207, bringing the group's EPS for the full year to S$0.0574 as opposed to S$0.0369 the previous year.

Shares of the group were trading unchanged at S$0.48 as at 1.30 pm on Thursday after the announcements were made.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yachts are retarded in sinkieland. Unless you live in sentosa every other place will charge you a lot to park for an hour. It is a waste puteri is gone

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
False claims of Ferry to SG since 2014/5 as well beside the scrapped SUTL private Marina plans. Sad sight to see at PH. 8yrs of stagnation. Wonder how’s the next 8yrs like till 2030. ‍

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its definitely going to be bad for a while. Raffles Marina should resume customs clearance ops in their facility in June so for those boaters among us, its another way to travel except i am not too sure of the marina in Puteri harbour, as in the port operations. Even hello kitty land is long gone as does most of the interesting ones. Only eateries remain, however it does seem that there is a big crowd and different car clubs and groups there on the weekends. Quite a turnout i must say.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its definitely going to be bad for a while. Raffles Marina should resume customs clearance ops in their facility in June so for those boaters among us, its another way to travel except i am not too sure of the marina in Puteri harbour, as in the port operations. Even hello kitty land is long gone as does most of the interesting ones. Only eateries remain, however it does seem that there is a big crowd and different car clubs and groups there on the weekends. Quite a turnout i must say.
Apparently the cars are racing there @night during the weekends infuriating the residents staying @ the condos in Puteri Harbour!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes i saw and there were quite a few police cars there too so i didn't get to see any racing there when i was driving around.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone should rent the place and make it a happening place filled with massage and vice.
Sure there will be people coming into make a good deal out of it.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20230102_193551.jpg
IMG_20230102_192554.jpg
IMG_20230102_192131.jpg
IMG_20230102_191218.jpg