• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am trying to gather some views and expectations of
the rental n yield you would like to achieve from the Puteri Harbour Projects
that have been bought recently like:

Imperia
Encorp
Teega
PineTree

Would appreciate if bro n sis out there k share.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also one more question:

Do u guys feel that Traders at Puteri harbour
k command a higher, same or lower rate than its counterpart
in KLCC?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea about rentals on the condos. I suppose the breakeven yield for the investments would be good starting point.

Traders KLCC hinge hugely on the KLCC Convention Center which is mostly booked almost every month.
Traders PH would have to depend on tourist arrivals for the first few years until the Convention Center is built near the COQ. When it is built, so far no news yet.
I believe the first tourists would come by begin 2013 when the ferry operates from Harbour Front / Batam.

Therefore, the rates at Traders PH would definitely be lower but I would not be surprised the occupancy rate is high as there's lack of quality hotels nearby to Legoland. Moreso, VIPs for the Medini and Iskandar projects need a place to stay as well.

Also one more question:

Do u guys feel that Traders at Puteri harbour
k command a higher, same or lower rate than its counterpart
in KLCC?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. I would supposed your mentioned breakeven yield to be "Interest" or "Principal + Interest"?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am trying to gather some views and expectations of
the rental n yield you would like to achieve from the Puteri Harbour Projects
that have been bought recently like:

Imperia
Encorp
Teega
PineTree

Would appreciate if bro n sis out there k share.

Too early to make a meaningful estimate. Here is a wild swag. This based on the fact that Ujana is asking for a little over RM 3.00 PSF. Assuming Ujana goes for 3.00 PSF and there is a minimum 25% premium at Puteri Harbour. Also, the prices here are based on the first launch prices and may not be very accurate. I have added RM50 PSF at Imperia and Teega for the furnitures, etc. I have estimated a lower PSF for Imperia because the unit sizes are fairly large, with 3 bedroom up to 2500 sft. Also, gross yield excludes costs, such as interest, maintenance, brokerage, etc. Feel free to drill holes .......

Imperia: Avg PSF 750; Est Rent: 4 PSF; Annual Rent: 48 PSF; Gross Yield: 6.4%
Encorp: Avg PSF 1000; Est Rent: 4.25 PSF; Annual Rent: 51 PSF; Gross Yield: 5.1%
Teega: Avg PSF 675; Est Rent: 3.75 PSF; Annual Rent: 45 PSF; Gross Yield: 6.67%
PineTree Avg PSF 1100; Est Rent: 4.25 PSF; Annual Rent: 51 PSF; Gross Yield: 4.64%

Ukoont

Thanks Guys for the insights, impressive with your comments earlier and it took me daysss to finished the thread. Haha!

Anyway, need some clarification on the psf calculation.
If there's one unit at teega cost me RM 675k @ 689sf, how does the 600-700psf your calculation derived? Appreciate your input. Thanks guys! :confused:

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think your rental estimates are pretty reasonable.

Hi...what do you think is the model for SPH?...how many % will go to the Somerset before giving owner the min 5%?

Btw...been to PH this morning.... things really are moving, saw that the CIQ is up (at least the hardware...pretty quick as they started digging think only apr this yr) & i understand it is suppose to be operational 'soon'.... initially only to be connected to S'pore (through Harbor front) & Indonesia (no sure which port).....not too sure how will the market response from S'pore as the boat trip from Harbor front to PH will take an hour which i think driving is faster(not bearing any super jam at tuas link)...

On the Traders Hotel, the saying it's suppose to be ready also by Dec ...though i think it will be pretty tight as visually i can see most of the interior are not done up yet. ....room rate i heard it's targeting there and about RM300/night as they are the only branded hotel operator in the area...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traders would only open in April 2013

Hi...what do you think is the model for SPH?...how many % will go to the Somerset before giving owner the min 5%?

Btw...been to PH this morning.... things really are moving, saw that the CIQ is up (at least the hardware...pretty quick as they started digging think only apr this yr) & i understand it is suppose to be operational 'soon'.... initially only to be connected to S'pore (through Harbor front) & Indonesia (no sure which port).....not too sure how will the market response from S'pore as the boat trip from Harbor front to PH will take an hour which i think driving is faster(not bearing any super jam at tuas link)...

On the Traders Hotel, the saying it's suppose to be ready also by Dec ...though i think it will be pretty tight as visually i can see most of the interior are not done up yet. ....room rate i heard it's targeting there and about RM300/night as they are the only branded hotel operator in the area...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for SPH model n returns, I think Qube3 has done a good job in his earlier posts... so I quoted part of it here:"I believe Somerset will need to generate a gross yield of about 10-11% gross yield to return investors about 5%nett which should be achievable. That means a one bedder at 7-8k rental a month. Check out their rates in SomersetAmpang, Seri Bukit Ceylon and you will see what I mean." For more info, k refer to Qube3's earlier posts. But I wonder where is Qube3, he is one of the earlier pioneers in the forum.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the CIQ, it is mentioned somewhere before that there is a ferry terminal in Singapore somewhere at or near Raffles Marina. And just so happen that the Tuas MRT station is just next to it (judging by the the big bore in the ground, most likely to fit in a station). If all these pieces of info fall in place, it does makes some sense, which means u walk 5 min to the CIQ from your marina lifestyle condo unit, take a 10 min ferry to Raffles Marina Ferry Terminal and you are linked onto the Singapore MRT network immediately.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met up with UEMland last week and they said the ferry will commence January linking Harbour Front and Batam.
It would take about 1 hr from PH to HF. I tot HF is next to Vivocity, so MRT won't be a problem, right?
Is Marina Ferry Terminal and Harbour Front the same?

As for water taxi, it won't be until there's enough demand.

Regarding the CIQ, it is mentioned somewhere before that there is a ferry terminal in Singapore somewhere at or near Raffles Marina. And just so happen that the Tuas MRT station is just next to it (judging by the the big bore in the ground, most likely to fit in a station). If all these pieces of info fall in place, it does makes some sense, which means u walk 5 min to the CIQ from your marina lifestyle condo unit, take a 10 min ferry to Raffles Marina Ferry Terminal and you are linked onto the Singapore MRT network immediately.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met up with UEMland last week and they said the ferry will commence January linking Harbour Front and Batam.
It would take about 1 hr from PH to HF. I tot HF is next to Vivocity, so MRT won't be a problem, right?

Yes, I heard the same. MRT will not be a problem as Harbourfront has both Purple and Yellow line.

UEM also mentioned to me some time back that there is a lot of pressure from Legoland to complete the CIQ by the end of the year so that they may ferry Universal Studios visitors to Legoland and offer a packaged deal. In that case Harbourfront makes most sense as it is closest to Sentosa gateway.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Guys for the insights, impressive with your comments earlier and it took me daysss to finished the thread. Haha!

Anyway, need some clarification on the psf calculation.
If there's one unit at teega cost me RM 675k @ 689sf, how does the 600-700psf your calculation derived? Appreciate your input. Thanks guys! :confused:

Hi Unkoot, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

As far as the pricing goes, I have tried to make a guess of average prices on the initial launch. Sounds like, yours is a high floor unit and typically the smaller units have higher psf. Also, looks like your pricing is before discount. In any case, I may be wrong. So feel free to repost my numbers if you have a better estimate. As a guideline, I found the following. The numbers below are before discount though. In my calculations, I have estimated the average after discount.

Teega Suite (Service Apartment)
-> Studio 485 sf (L1-26) – min RM 341,888 ~ RM 650/sf
-> Studio 511 sf (L28-35) – min RM 474,888 ~ RM 930/sf
-> Studio 553 sf (L1-26) – min RM 389,888 ~ RM 705/sf
-> 1 bed 689 sf (L1-35) – min RM 484,888 ~ RM 704/sf
-> 2 bed 1,217 sf (L1-26) – min RM 815,888 ~ RM 670/sf
-> 3+1 bed 1,621 sf (L28-35)- min RM 1,201,888 ~ RM 742/sf
Teega Residence (Condominium)
-> 2 bed 1,167 sf (L1-26) – min RM 781,888 ~ RM 670/sf
-> 3 bed 1,320 sf (L1-26) – min RM 884,888 ~ RM 670/sf
-> 3 bed 1,380 sf (L1-26) – min RM 924,888 ~ RM 670/sf
-> 3+1 bed 1,582 sf (L1-26) – min RM 1,059,888 ~ RM 670/sf
-> 4+1 bed 1,998 sf (L28-33A)- min RM 1,521,888 ~ RM 762/sf
-> Penthouse 4,457 sf (L35)- min RM 4,075,888 ~ RM 915/sf

Discount 15% for existing buyer and 12% for fresh buyer (for tower B and suite)

In a similar manner, for a higher floor and smaller unit, you would expect the rent to be higher on a psf basis as well.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am referring more to the "proposed ferry terminal just across at the Raffles Marina

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am referring more to the "proposed ferry terminal just across at the Raffles Marina

Okie..didn't know there is a Proposed new terminal. However I think connectivity is important too.
So HF is ideal as it is a ferry hub with existing CIQ at least for the moment.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okie..didn't know there is a Proposed new terminal. However I think connectivity is important too.
So HF is ideal as it is a ferry hub with existing CIQ at least for the moment.

Ya, think one hour ferry ride isnt tat bad. Sometimes during peak hours, jam at checkpoint and AYE could take more than an hour.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I heard the same. MRT will not be a problem as Harbourfront has both Purple and Yellow line.

UEM also mentioned to me some time back that there is a lot of pressure from Legoland to complete the CIQ by the end of the year so that they may ferry Universal Studios visitors to Legoland and offer a packaged deal. In that case Harbourfront makes most sense as it is closest to Sentosa gateway.

This is good news for the hoteliers in PH. Tourists would rather stay in PH which is cheaper than Spore. They can go to Legoland /Hello Kitty first before hopping into the ferry to go to Universal Studios on a day trip or vice versa.