• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• construction_Iskandar_Johor_AFP_840_452_100.jpg
    construction_Iskandar_Johor_AFP_840_452_100.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro, is sunway considered part of medini? all leasehold?

There are 2 parts of it as I understand:

Firstly, Sunway has bought a part of Medini South, or the Southmost part of Medini and the only part of Medini that is adjacent to the Straits. This development will be 99 years and will be launched initially by Sunway.

Secondly, directly south of Medini land, Sunway has also purchased land along the Pendas River. This is freehold.

Take a look at page 3 of the report as per the link. The land marked in Red, Yellow and Green belong to Sunway. The One in Red is Medini part and leasehold. Yellow and Green are freehold.

http://research.maybank-ib.com/pdf/document/Sunway_20130125_CU_MIB_3040.pdf

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Firstly, Sunway has bought a part of Medini South, or the Southmost part of Medini and the only part of Medini that is adjacent to the Straits. This development will be 99 years and will be launched initially by Sunway.

Secondly, directly south of Medini land, Sunway has also purchased land along the Pendas River. This is freehold.

Take a look at page 3 of the report as per the link. The land marked in Red, Yellow and Green belong to Sunway. The One in Red is Medini part and leasehold. Yellow and Green are freehold.

IIRC, the lease for the medini south part is 99+30 years extension (the salesguy mentioned it to me).

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway land is LH

as bro iskandar Rocks mentioned correctly, NOT ALL is LH. the pendas river land is freehold.
the medini portion is LH 99+30 year. The medini portion enjoy the perks of being in the medini special incentive zone. no RPGT and no foreigner min purchase price.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Pendas river freehold plots should do very well, and I think the houses there will be the most expensive ones in terms of psf in the whole of Johor.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls buy one at pendas and invite me next time :smile:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
That really depends on how Sunway package itself as a whole. Will it become another Puteri Harbour that we do not know yet until at least 10 years later when the developments are making progress. So far I heard the response to Sunway is very very slow as its still a huge tract of land the size of several hundred football fields and the kampong settlements are still there.

The Pendas river freehold plots should do very well, and I think the houses there will be the most expensive ones in terms of psf in the whole of Johor.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank You so much!!

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
That really depends on how Sunway package itself as a whole. Will it become another Puteri Harbour that we do not know yet until at least 10 years later when the developments are making progress. So far I heard the response to Sunway is very very slow as its still a huge tract of land the size of several hundred football fields and the kampong settlements are still there.

I went there late last year and the settlements are still there. There are also a couple of restaurants. It also seems like they were building a new jetty. These may be just out of the Sunway area because you will notice that none of the freehold part of the Sunway land borders the straits. The only part of their land that borders the straits is the Leasehold Medini portion (The Seafront Precinct - looks like high-rises).

In any case, my opinion is that they will fully develop the Medini part first and the Pendas part is really long term. Here are some more details on the full proposed development and various precincts:

http://www.sunwayiskandar.com/CONCEPT.html

If I am not mistaken, the following 4 precincts are Leasehold (Medini):

- The Seafront
- The Lakeview (upcoming launch)
- The Marketplace
- The Parkview

And the rest further south are all freehold and perhaps will be developed later.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the SeaFront etc is LH and also facing Singapore like those Puteri Harbour condos, I seriously wonder how attractive it could sell. Personally as a person who like high rise quality living with a view of the sea or Spore, I am willing to pay a premium for these units. However, if its not freehold, I wouldn't even care to have a 1st look @ it. Sorry to say but this is Malaysia.. if you are offering a high price for LH, I wont buy it no matter how good the view is.

Comparing the freehold luxurious condos with high floor and facing Singapore around Puteri Harbour already priced @ RM 1500 psf, I believe Sunway should price the same LH @ RM 1000 or slightly less with the same panoramic Singapore city view.

Long time ago when 99 year Medini was launched, it was like RM 300+ - RM 400 psf compared to the Freehold Puteri Harbour selling from RM 600psf ( both without views and low floor )
I went there late last year and the settlements are still there. There are also a couple of restaurants. It also seems like they were building a new jetty. These may be just out of the Sunway area because you will notice that none of the freehold part of the Sunway land borders the straits. The only part of their land that borders the straits is the Leasehold Medini portion (The Seafront Precinct - looks like high-rises).

In any case, my opinion is that they will fully develop the Medini part first and the Pendas part is really long term. Here are some more details on the full proposed development and various precincts:

http://www.sunwayiskandar.com/CONCEPT.html

If I am not mistaken, the following 4 precincts are Leasehold (Medini):

- The Seafront
- The Lakeview (upcoming launch)
- The Marketplace
- The Parkview

And the rest further south are all freehold and perhaps will be developed later.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

It will be very nice to be able to get into your house within a few min of clearing custom at 2nd link. I hope to save up enough to get another one there by the time it launches a few years later.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be very nice to be able to get into your house within a few min of clearing custom at 2nd link. I hope to save up enough to get another one there by the time it launches a few years later.
thought you don't like LH?

almas at PH still have stock, it's reasonably priced.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

thought you don't like condo and LH? or your'e talking about house on the FH side?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
thought you don't like condo and LH? or your'e talking about house on the FH side?

Yes, the freehold side :biggrin: Better don't launch so soon as I need time to build up my bullet$. Looking at the size of the plots and slowing of market, it will probably take Sunway more than 5 years to launch the freehold side.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the freehold side :biggrin: Better don't launch so soon as I need time to build up my bullet$. Looking at the size of the plots and slowing of market, it will probably take Sunway more than 5 years to launch the freehold side.

in 5 years time it may be even more ex.