• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

punjab very proud of pritam singh

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully agree with you. And I will submit that sinkies are largely not racist by nature, thanks to the pap's "race integration" policies post-independence and into the 1970s. Memories of the 1960s racial riots were still fresh. We needed social cohesion, an important ingredient in nation building. As a result, we grew up with, went to school with, worked with, served ns with folks of all races. We became colour blind, in a good way!

The world has evolved and political correctness dictates that one shouldn't be racist. Hence social norms in themselves are a good enough check on bahaviours and actions. It is so ironic that the same political party that wanted all races to integrate became the perpetrator of racism. Shame on the pap!

I agree.
When we were growing up in the 1960's, school children interacted amongst Chinese, Malays, Indians.
I have heard that in the past decade or thereabouts, a significant majority have never met individuals from other ethnic groups.
I believe that all the undesirable side effects are mostly due to the government interference.

jw5

Loyal
Govt needs to interfere less. :wink:

I agree.
When we were growing up in the 1960's, school children interacted amongst Chinese, Malays, Indians.
I have heard that in the past decade or thereabouts, a significant majority have never met individuals from other ethnic groups.
I believe that all the undesirable side effects are mostly due to the government interference.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.
Thanks to british rule all were united. Thats why ang moh is the best.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is wrong, they are not living up to our national pledge. Don't be surprised if they change the pledge! Like they did our Constitution.
Changing the Pledge has legal disadvantages compared to all the amendments to the Constitution in th
This is wrong, they are not living up to our national pledge. Don't be surprised if they change the pledge! Like they did our Constitution.
Changing the Pledge may not have any legal disadvantages to the citizens, compared to all the amendments to the Constitution made in the past decades.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Changing the Pledge has legal disadvantages compared to all the amendments to the Constitution in th

Changing the Pledge may not have any legal disadvantages to the citizens, compared to all the amendments to the Constitution made in the past decades.
Yes, changing the pledge would have no legal bearing but a big blow to our aspirations and what we've always believed in and have been striving for. But my point is, they can do anything they want, they have the supermajority. But I am sure they wouldn't dare change the pledge, it's political suicide.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, changing the pledge would have no legal bearing but a big blow to our aspirations and what we've always believed in and have been striving for. But my point is, they can do anything they want, they have the supermajority. But I am sure they wouldn't dare change the pledge, it's political suicide.
It is unlikely that they will change the Pledge.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I agree.

Of course it is government interference

SAP schools. Chinese schools.

There is also a real gap between Malay students and the rest.

Go to RI. You will find many Malay students in the Arts classes (lousiest classes).

There should be no streaming at such early age.