• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheaper the RM, the better. The lower the property prices, the better.
It is still not low enough to move in yet. Standby time.

Good for buyers sure but can you imagine how many of your friends here will be so so disappointed?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for buyers sure but can you imagine how many of your friends here will be so so disappointed?

Not that my learned friends here right or wrong, we had different pathways and experience.
We all have different priorities in life. Therefore we adopt different strategies.
I may be right but you may not be wrong.
But my target market is in a totally different segment altogether, so fear not.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that my learned friends here right or wrong, we had different pathways and experience.
We all have different priorities in life. Therefore we adopt different strategies.
I may be right but you may not be wrong.
But my target market is in a totally different segment altogether, so fear not.

Of course, and we know who are those hoping for CA but have to convert to SGD...... You don't have this problem.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may be wrong about this, the RM is still quite unstable with sliding downwards tendency.
With the political situation in upheaval currently and coupled with low prices for so many important commodities affecting MY's economy which include crude oil, gas, palm oil, anything can happen, its still hard to predict.

Currently there are some fire fighting actions from the major oil production nations and in recent days oil price re bounced significantly with industry experts feeling more optimistically. That is why I am seeing a stronger ringgit performance by the end of this year. You are also right on the volatility of ringgit as well, there are just too many factors affecting the green and red arrows on the chart. Hence one can only analyse but whether the outcome follow all the data and analysis is a complete different situation.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you are so optimistic about the RM, you should buy lots of RM now and enjoy the windfall with its appreciation by year end.

I am optimistic based on the current outlook of the oil price which is highlighted by many just the tip of the ice berg. Currently Malaysia budget is plagued to crude oil price of $22-$40, as the market goes, they might have some spare cash left toward the end of the year.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheaper the RM, the better. The lower the property prices, the better.
It is still not low enough to move in yet. Standby time.

So good you can be on standby mode....I can only standby and watch....viewing gallery for peasant folks.:(

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So good you can be on standby mode....I can only standby and watch....viewing gallery for peasant folks.:(

Don't worry. You will have your turn in time to come. You had a good start already. There are many who dare not.
I started mine some 20 years ago.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am optimistic based on the current outlook of the oil price which is highlighted by many just the tip of the ice berg. Currently Malaysia budget is plagued to crude oil price of $22-$40, as the market goes, they might have some spare cash left toward the end of the year.

Either way is good for me. If RM on upwards trend, I may start some FD accounts. Downward trend can spend more in MY .

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry. You will have your turn in time to come. You had a good start already. There are many who dare not.
I started mine some 20 years ago.

Thanks for always being so encouraging and affirming.:smile:

I wish I had started earlier...but maybe as they say...better late than never.:p

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations. Singapore is tops again.

Singapore has again been judged as the world's most expensive city but costs across the world have been highly volatile, according to researchers.

The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) ranked Singapore as the priciest ahead of Zurich, Hong Kong, Geneva and Paris.
London was sixth and New York seventh on the list that compares the cost of a basket of goods across 133 cities.
The cheapest were Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, followed by Bangalore and Mumbai in India, the EIU said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35765378

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations. Singapore is tops again.

Singapore has again been judged as the world's most expensive city but costs across the world have been highly volatile, according to researchers.

The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) ranked Singapore as the priciest ahead of Zurich, Hong Kong, Geneva and Paris.
London was sixth and New York seventh on the list that compares the cost of a basket of goods across 133 cities.
The cheapest were Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, followed by Bangalore and Mumbai in India, the EIU said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35765378

Singapore is a place for the best and only the best can afford to stay. Cannot make it, then go Johor.

So many people I know die die also won't move to Johor. So what does that say?

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a place for the best and only the best can afford to stay. Cannot make it, then go Johor.

So many people I know die die also won't move to Johor. So what does that say?

But i also have alot of msian friends keep complaining jiuhu govt corrupted, minorities sideline. Keep praising PAP the best, Singapore best of best. But when i asked them how come u guys dont renounce your blue ic and convert to pink ic? Standard reply. SPR will do lah. KNN!

So u see, so many Msians i know die die also wont move to Singapore? So what does that say?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i also have alot of msian friends keep complaining jiuhu govt corrupted, minorities sideline. Keep praising PAP the best, Singapore best of best. But when i asked them how come u guys dont renounce your blue ic and convert to pink ic? Standard reply. SPR will do lah. KNN!

So u see, so many Msians i know die die also wont move to Singapore? So what does that say?

What are you talking about? SPR blue IC means they want to stay in Singapore, by not converting means they want the best of everything.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
They don't find the costs high, or find it manageable. My parents when I tell them to go Johor to eat Chilli crabs, they refuse, rather pay more and eat in Singapore.

You should at least put in some effort to be a good son and take them to JB to eat instead of just telling them to go!

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich people certainly like living in Sg. For most people, living in Sg not only makes one feel safe, but also feel atas. With all those magnificent buildings around, slowly one gets a feeling that he possesses these things or at least becomes a part of these buildings.

many people living in big cities feel the same way.. if you go to hk and ask why live in cramped places instead of moving to china with bigger places to live, many people say firmly no.....

What are you talking about? SPR blue IC means they want to stay in Singapore, by not converting means they want the best of everything.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in Sg not only makes one feel safe, but also feel they are rich. With all those magnificent buildings around, slowly one gets a feeling that he possesses these things or at least become a part of these things.

many people living in big cities feel the same way.. if you go to hk and ask why not move to china with bigger places to live, many people say firmly no.....

Actually if you already bought your house and you don't buy a car, Singapore is still relatively a cheap place to live in. Noodles are $3 at the market and hawker's centres, anyway I also don't see why cars are unaffordable, just buy an 8 year old car is about $20k down-payment is $10k, if one is prudent, even with a low salary can save $1k a month, or if don't own car take the MRT and taxis. No biggie.

Anyway besides food and petrol in Johor, I never really buy anything in Johor, I find that international brands or alot of items are more expensive than Singapore.

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal

Clinging to their blue IC mean they want to work and earn money in Singapore but to subsequently retire in Malaysia. Check around and you will find out that this is the truth.