• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
xebay11 mentioned something really good for you to think about. By putting $300k in a RM FD, you are guaranteed a good compounded growth of 4%. There is currency risk here. But even if you buy an Iskandar property, you are faced with the same situation. Actually it's worse.

That is my point exactly, put in RM FD now at 4% compounded growth which would beat out any CA they hope to make, these "property investors" doing just the opposite and actually paying the bank at, or close to about 4% and hoping for CA. OMG!!!

Currency risk? I think now the RM has bottomed and stabilized and one can start taking some risk of $150 to $200k, if the RM goes lower, at least you can break FD and pull out almost all money intact, save some penalty fees.

If you "invest" in MY properties, if the RM keeps dropping and you want to sell, it would take a long time and you get hit by currency devaluation further, or you want quick exit you have to sell at big loss in short period.

Why you only can understand and these "investors" cannot leh?????? Why or why? and yet they say I am dumbfounded to give investment advice for smaller sums.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
$300K can fully pay for my current landed property in JB, whereas it can be just used as down payment for SG property. Of course I never have that kind of money before in my bank account, so must take bank loan for JB house. Peasant talking :biggrin:

No worries, yours is a lifestyle choice, no one can say anything.

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Aisa, high tech companies normally set up HQ in Shen Zhen rather than anywhere else. this trend never stops and results in a tremendous increase in the property price in Shen Zhen.

As an engr, i go to shen zhen on biz trips sometimes. now is already 20 times of what was 20 years ago..
2k china yuan per squar metre up to 45k or 50k chinayuan per square metre.... still going up up up.....

Glad that huawei whose hq is in shen zhen sets up a data centre in jb.
huawei is affiliated with high ranking China gvt offices and knows things around.

Anyway, i bought a house in jb just for retirement. job instability for engineers is a serious problem in sg these days.
In case retrenched in 50s and do not feel like working in sg as cleaners or guards, will go to jb.

Of course you cant expect investment banks, IT start-ups to be thriving in Iskandar due to lack of critical mass. But manufacturing is obviously an industry that can do very well there.

For that matter, global banks are more likely to choose HK as their Pan Asia regional HQ, while IT start-ups will favour Silicon Valley, and not our beloved Singapore. That's just the way it is these days.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is my point exactly, put in RM FD now at 4% compounded growth which would beat out any CA they hope to make, these "property investors" doing just the opposite and actually paying the bank at, or close to about 4% and hoping for CA. OMG!!!

Currency risk? I think now the RM has bottomed and stabilized and one can start taking some risk of $150 to $200k, if the RM goes lower, at least you can break FD and pull out almost all money intact, save some penalty fees.

If you "invest" in MY properties, if the RM keeps dropping and you want to sell, it would take a long time and you get hit by currency devaluation further, or you want quick exit you have to sell at big loss in short period.

Why you only can understand and these "investors" cannot leh?????? Why or why? and yet they say I am dumbfounded to give investment advice for smaller sums.

You may be wrong about this, the RM is still quite unstable with sliding downwards tendency.
With the political situation in upheaval currently and coupled with low prices for so many important commodities affecting MY's economy which include crude oil, gas, palm oil, anything can happen, its still hard to predict.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those lucky 1800 unit owners in Pinnacle!

But not everyone gets a shot to sit on a goldmine like the Pinnacle or similar one.:(

I wonder if there is any statistics compiled on how much profit sellers make from sale of HDB?

Not only the Pinnacle, when the Skyterrace and Skyville reach MOP, another S$1 billion will be realized by the owners.
Another thousand over lucky people.
Actually, this two project may command the S$ million threshold asking prices but the capital gain is not really that great, about an average 100% gain.
Some older flats are even better. A 30yrs old Bishan 5rm was sold for S$1.02mil last year while another 4rm in Queenstown was sold for S$800K.
In fact, I'm sure there is someone you know or related had make some money, or maybe even a lot for some others from their HDB flats.

The recent BTO for sale at Bidadari had attracted more than 3,000 applications for about 236 units, an over subscription of almost 13 times despite the steep price of S$546,000 for a 5rm unit!
These people know very well that by MOP, they will sure reap a handsome reward.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may be wrong about this, the RM is still quite unstable with sliding downwards tendency.
With the political situation in upheaval currently and coupled with low prices for so many important commodities affecting MY's economy which include crude oil, gas, palm oil, anything can happen, its still hard to predict.

With RM possibly to slide that makes property investment even more risky.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the Pinnacle, when the Skyterrace and Skyville reach MOP, another S$1 billion will be realized by the owners.
Another thousand over lucky people.
Actually, this two project may command the S$ million threshold asking prices but the capital gain is not really that great, about an average 100% gain.
Some older flats are even better. A 30yrs old Bishan 5rm was sold for S$1.02mil last year while another 4rm in Queenstown was sold for S$800K.
In fact, I'm sure there is someone you know or related had make some money, or maybe even a lot for some others from their HDB flats.

The recent BTO for sale at Bidadari had attracted more than 3,000 applications for about 236 units, an over subscription of almost 13 times despite the steep price of S$546,000 for a 5rm unit!
These people know very well that by MOP, they will sure reap a handsome reward.

Ya lor....always is other people making a lot of money from their HDB...but my own HDB does not have that ability...Haiz..

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea on the outlook of the ringgit?

frankly speaking, that depends on which camp you are siding, the Malaysia is doomed because of 1MDB saga or the camp I am in - Ringgit is tied closely to crude price because it is the main export commodity in Malaysia. Currently Crude is recovering from 26 to 37 as of today with Saudi Arabia agreeing to freezing output together with OPEC members as well. Likelihood oil price will move back into the 50-60 zone by end of the year. Hence with that, Ringgit will regain its value and SGD to MYR should move back to 2.6+ by end of the year. (My personal view only)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly speaking, that depends on which camp you are siding, the Malaysia is doomed because of 1MDB saga or the camp I am in - Ringgit is tied closely to crude price because it is the main export commodity in Malaysia. Currently Crude is recovering from 26 to 37 as of today with Saudi Arabia agreeing to freezing output together with OPEC members as well. Likelihood oil price will move back into the 50-60 zone by end of the year. Hence with that, Ringgit will regain its value and SGD to MYR should move back to 2.6+ by end of the year. (My personal view only)

Since you are so optimistic about the RM, you should buy lots of RM now and enjoy the windfall with its appreciation by year end.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$ will still be around 2.85 ~ 2.95 for 2016. MAS will not allow drastic fluctuations to esure stability of incoming and existing investments.

However, RM had recovered a lot versus USD.

Forex RM vs USD.JPG

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$ will still be around 2.85 ~ 2.95 for 2016. MAS will not allow drastic fluctuations to esure stability of incoming and existing investments.

View attachment 25845

That's why i said the RM has stabilized against SGD now and can put some money in RM FD if you want to invest. So hope those dumbos got the message now.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better than buying Iskandar property if it's strictly for investment. :smile:

Fixed D is only for 1-2 years. Guarenteed returns. On the other hand, for present JB properties, you gotta wait like 10 years for capital appreciation, if any. But by then, whether you can sell it off is another question, due to the oversupply. And if RM weakens to say S$1= RM3.4 by then, you would have lost some 13%. Whatever gains you've made may be cancelled out, with losses from other costs incurred as well.

If you're thinking, RM3.4 is impossible. Well, nobody expected RM to drop to RM3 against SGD right?

I read in the RM currency forum here when S$1= RM2.7, the greedy ones were all rushing to change and deposit their RM into their Msian banks because about a year before that, S$1=RM2.52. But when RM hits 3 or slightly higher, these people have already lost at least 11%. Those who bought their JB properties in 2012 have already lost at least 20% due to currency exchange alone.

That's why i said the RM has stabilized against SGD now and can put some money in RM FD if you want to invest. So hope those dumbos got the message now.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not related to Property. But does anyone know if it is possible to walk from Legoland to Gleneagles Medini? Is there a convenient pavement to walk?

I'm not driving but thought of walking over to look around...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not related to Property. But does anyone know if it is possible to walk from Legoland to Gleneagles Medini? Is there a convenient pavement to walk?

I'm not driving but thought of walking over to look around...

Yes it is possible but it is less than 2 km and not much tree and shade. I think of you Google Map, you can get the directions.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 25845

But also put into consideration on other factors affecting the RM.
Crude oil is only one of the important factor.
Others that will have direct impact to the economy and the RM include -

Natural gas - MY one of top 10 producer - price down
Crude palm oil - MY second biggest producer in the world - price down
Foreign investment in KLSE - down
KSLE index - down
Foreign Direct Investment - down for 3 years
GST resulting in lower consumer spending - CPI down
Even the choice of new governor for Bank Negara will affect the RM.
But the most important is still the political situation which will have direct impact on the RM.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But also put into consideration on other factors affecting the RM.
Crude oil is only one of the important factor.
Others that will have direct impact to the economy and the RM include -

Natural gas - MY one of top 10 producer - price down
Crude palm oil - MY second biggest producer in the world - price down
Foreign investment in KLSE - down
KSLE index - down
Foreign Direct Investment - down for 3 years
GST resulting in lower consumer spending - CPI down
Even the choice of new governor for Bank Negara will affect the RM.
But the most important is still the political situation which will have direct impact on the RM.

The cheaper the RM, the better. The lower the property prices, the better.
It is still not low enough to move in yet. Standby time.