• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore law requires notification of change of address at Police Station. If sway sway kena problem will be dai ji liao liao if found out never report new address....my wife also got letter from ICA telling her to report new address....more than one year after we moved into JB.

Oh I didn't know that... Thot your Iskandar home is considered an extra and they will still take your HDB flat (even though rented out) as your Singapore address.

So because of this you don't get GST rebates and other subsidies? Well, that sucks. Cos these should be given out by virtue of your being a Singaporean and you have a property in Singapore, not where your residential address is.

But they charge HDB buyers property tax even though they are leasing the place from HDB! Water tax also comes with GST -- tax on a tax.

Solid right, this SG government!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I didn't know that... Thot your Iskandar home is considered an extra and they will still take your HDB flat (even though rented out) as your Singapore address.

So because of this you don't get GST rebates and other subsidies? Well, that sucks. Cos these should be given out by virtue of your being a Singaporean and you have a property in Singapore, not where your residential address is.

But they charge HDB buyers property tax even though they are leasing the place from HDB! Water tax also comes with GST -- tax on a tax.

Solid right, this SG government!

Can keep HDB address as correspondence address, I did that for last election, but cannot report that as residence if not actually living there.

Yeah, I do feel screwed upon learning that change of residential address means perks as Singaporean forfeited. I am still working in Singapore 5 days a week and paying taxes, and only 20 km from Singapore for crying out loud! At least make some provisions for bona fide people living across the causeway in Iskandar...but that is fat hope lah.

My HDB property tax about $1100 a year...then still must pay income tax on rental income....wah lau eh....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can keep HDB address as correspondence address, I did that for last election, but cannot report that as residence if not actually living there.

Yeah, I do feel screwed upon learning that change of residential address means perks as Singaporean forfeited. I am still working in Singapore 5 days a week and paying taxes, and only 20 km from Singapore for crying out loud! At least make some provisions for bona fide people living across the causeway in Iskandar...but that is fat hope lah.

My HDB property tax about $1100 a year...then still must pay income tax on rental income....wah lau eh....

Once the owners have rented your HDB out, it means they are rich enough to buy an alternative residence and enjoy their rental income. It makes sense for government not to waste tax payers' money on such owners.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Experts predict ‘flat year’ for Malaysia’s property sector in 2016
By By Ida Lim | The Malay Mail Online – 12 hours ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 14 — Malaysia’s property sector is expected to go through a “flat” year next year while market prices will benefit those looking to buy or rent houses, industry experts predicted today.

Siva Shanker, CEO of property agency PPC International, said there was no need to “panic” or worry as the property market would typically go through a cycle of a few “bad” years before recovering.

“If I were to draw a pattern, I believe 2016 will be a flat line again, it will neither go worse than it was and chances of it improving is also not there.

“And I think we will start to see a little bit of activity coming back into the market in 2017 and 2018 very slowly, hesitantly, because of the elections.

“And then when the elections are done and dusted and that’s out of the way, barring unfortunate set of circumstances, I believe in 2019 we will see the market surging forward again and the psychological year of 2020 will probably be the next high,” he said at PropertyGuru’s Property Outlook Forum 2016.

PPC International CEO Siva Shanker believes that in 2019, the property market will be surging forward again and the psychological year of 2020 will be the next high.Fellow panellist and developer Datuk Seri Vincent Tiew agreed with Siva’s predictions of 2016 as a “flat” year, but went on further to say that next year would also be a good time to buy property as property value is expected to rise by 2019 and 2020.

“Yes, I think 2019 and 2020, the prices should come back up to a very attractive pricing,” the managing director of developer Andaman Property Management said.

In the same forum, Siva said Malaysians who are looking to rent houses can expect cheaper prices next year, due to financially-squeezed property investors competing for extra income to repay their housing loans.

“I think next year, we are going to see rental shooting straight down as they compete with each other to rent their properties out so at least they can get a little bit of income which they can use to subsidise their mortgages,” he said, predicting that these property speculators will fight “tooth and nail” to keep their properties and avoid defaulting on their loans.

In PropertyGuru’s Property Outlook Report 2016 that was released today, it said it expects next year to be a buyers’ and renters’ market due to the current oversupply in property.

PropertyGuru said the annual average of unsold homes in Malaysia is at 36 per cent, adding that there is less demand with weak investor sentiment as only 54 per cent of the country’s annual total buyers buy to occupy.

The new supply of completed developments will only worsen the existing oversupply, especially in the mid-range and high-end projects, it said.

“The situation may place further pressure on developers and speculators so it is quite reasonable to expect many good deals to come into the market in 2016,” the country’s leading property site said.

“However this does not mean that prospective homeowners can start demanding prices or developers will throw prices. It just means that deals would be sweeter, especially for first-time buyers,” it added.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/experts-predict-flat-malaysia-property-sector-2016-102400484.html

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once the owners have rented your HDB out, it means they are rich enough to buy an alternative residence and enjoy their rental income. It makes sense for government not to waste tax payers' money on such owners.

Rich enough? Not in my case wor...There are assumptions made that may not be true. First of all, if I cannot afford a jumbo at $800k but can just barely afford a JB landed at $300K, am I really considered rich enough? Secondly, a better criteria should be SG citizens working here and earning income here, not their country of residence. Simple common sense, people who work here in Singapore still pay taxes here and still incur expenses here. Thirdly, it is because I not rich enough which is why I moved over, if rich enough I buy another house in Singapore and stay put loh.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then what do you call those who only own one hdb? Because they cannot afford more.

Stuck with the status quo lor....just like I would be if I had remained in Singapore. Just that we decided to make a radical move to JB and being able to rent out the HDB provided a second source of income for a single income family of mine.

So I could either languish under a huge HDB housing loan debt or suffer a lesser financial burden by buying a far cheaper property in JB and get some rental income from renting out the HDB flat. By doing so I did not become rich overnight because I still have a housing loan to service just that it is not a huge HDB loan burden, but by moving over and changing my circumstances did improve living conditions overall, though a pauper nevertheless.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still have to pay a price on terms of inconvenience of you have to commute to and fro.
The jam is just insane. Sometimes dunno whether it's worth it to make the change.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Experts predict ‘flat year’ for Malaysia’s property sector in 2016

Siva Shanker, CEO of property agency PPC International, said there was no need to “panic” or worry as the property market would typically go through a cycle of a few “bad” years before recovering.

“If I were to draw a pattern, I believe 2016 will be a flat line again, it will neither go worse than it was and chances of it improving is also not there.

“And I think we will start to see a little bit of activity coming back into the market in 2017 and 2018 very slowly, hesitantly, because of the elections.

“And then when the elections are done and dusted and that’s out of the way, barring unfortunate set of circumstances, I believe in 2019 we will see the market surging forward again and the psychological year of 2020 will probably be the next high,” he said at PropertyGuru’s Property Outlook Forum 2016.

Unsupported assumptions by this Siva guy.

On what basis is he saying in 2019 and 2020, the property market in Malaysia will "SURGE forward"? I think it's fair to expect 2016 will see the market to be flat and rentals to drop exponentially. But it doesn't mean after a low period, the next one will be a high.

I wrote to him once about the evidence he has gathered to say property market will pickup in 2018/19 but he didn't reply me.

Anyway, Malaysia is big. Which states is he referring to?

As far as Iskandar is concerned, come 2018/19, I think the property market will get even worse. As more and more properties come into the market, and businesses cannot keep up with the pace of properties being built, I should think there will be many vacant homes, and rentals could suffer a lot. Property prices should remain stagnant or drop significantly by then.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still have to pay a price on terms of inconvenience of you have to commute to and fro.
The jam is just insane. Sometimes dunno whether it's worth it to make the change.

True...but since only me pay the price of commuting daily and rest of family stay happily in JB home, it is worth it lor...

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody Tuas only opened 2 miserable counters for Cars from 330am to 430am. As a result, the jam was for 30 minutes if you reach at 4am

Singapore efficiency has dropped to new lows

Malaysia side opened 6 counters at around the same time by the way.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody Tuas only opened 2 miserable counters for Cars from 330am to 430am. As a result, the jam was for 30 minutes if you reach at 4am

Singapore efficiency has dropped to new lows

Malaysia side opened 6 counters at around the same time by the way.

They are really discouraging people coming in to Singapore, because both crowds mean outflows, ie. Malaysian earning sgd or Singaporeans spending sgd.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
True...but since only me pay the price of commuting daily and rest of family stay happily in JB home, it is worth it lor...

I only thought of poor frodo baggins at 4am, soaked in the rain, waiting three hours in fumes and blaring horns.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unsupported assumptions by this Siva guy.

On what basis is he saying in 2019 and 2020, the property market in Malaysia will "SURGE forward"? I think it's fair to expect 2016 will see the market to be flat and rentals to drop exponentially. But it doesn't mean after a low period, the next one will be a high.

I wrote to him once about the evidence he has gathered to say property market will pickup in 2018/19 but he didn't reply me.

Anyway, Malaysia is big. Which states is he referring to?

As far as Iskandar is concerned, come 2018/19, I think the property market will get even worse. As more and more properties come into the market, and businesses cannot keep up with the pace of properties being built, I should think there will be many vacant homes, and rentals could suffer a lot. Property prices should remain stagnant or drop significantly by then.

He is a property agent CEO of a two bit company, what do you think? By the time the market turns in Johor, the current properties would be old and aged, there would be new ones to buy or rent.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a property agent CEO of a two bit company, what do you think? By the time the market turns in Johor, the current properties would be old and aged, there would be new ones to buy or rent.

Property moves in cycles. Inflation is raging in Johor. New properties will have new pricing. If you see the same or cheaper pricing a few years later, it means the house is smaller, and/or the quality of finishing is poorer.

http://news.sinchew.com.my/node/439229?tid=1

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only thought of poor frodo baggins at 4am, soaked in the rain, waiting three hours in fumes and blaring horns.

6am to be more correct lah....what to do....don't have your luxury of $2.6m sitting in the bank. If have I would start a Thai Mossey coffee van franchise for RM150K, employ 2 hardworking guys and pay them handsomely...and shake legs at home....earn enough to get by happy liao....