• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Potter best person to comment! In my view, anything in Senibong Cove is nice.:smile: About the only "drawback" I see is that when low tide, the water way meandering the bungalow units become quite unsightly...like mangrove swamp...beware of the Swamp Thing!:biggrin:

I once stayed at Bayu Marina condo, Bakar Batu few years ago. I think Ponderosa Golf is opposite. When the tide changes at Sg Tebrau, rubbish tend to accumulate all over and yes, it is muddy. But maybe after dredging, it could be better?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once stayed at Bayu Marina condo, Bakar Batu few years ago. I think Ponderosa Golf is opposite. When the tide changes at Sg Tebrau, rubbish tend to accumulate all over and yes, it is muddy. But maybe after dredging, it could be better?

Mosquito haven AC 24/7.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Potter best person to comment! In my view, anything in Senibong Cove is nice.:smile: About the only "drawback" I see is that when low tide, the water way meandering the bungalow units become quite unsightly...like mangrove swamp...beware of the Swamp Thing!:biggrin:

SC oredi proven. no further comment liao. :p
Mangrove is rare in the future;like dragonite,snowlax.:biggrin:
wrong..should be pidgey,pysduck or Magikarp. :biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only thing I remember is there is a nice Chinese restaurant nearby called Peking restaurant.
Other than that, the traffic jams below the EDL are terrible.

Yah Pekin restaurant is great, probably the leading restaurant chain in JB. JB traffic jams are actually quite ok, compared to SG expressways! haha.........

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah Pekin restaurant is great, probably the leading restaurant chain in JB. JB traffic jams are actually quite ok, compared to SG expressways! haha.........

Hmmm....I have this impression that Pekin Restaurant is not cheap leh...I have eaten at On Kee at Permas Jaya a few times. Price is reasonable and food is sedap!:biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....I have this impression that Pekin Restaurant is not cheap leh...I have eaten at On Kee at Permas Jaya a few times. Price is reasonable and food is sedap!:biggrin:

Yah lor Pekin Restaurant not cheap, but yet overwhelmingly, its main customer base is local chinese, not Singaporeans. Malaysians love to burn money at gd restaurants, just like Singaporeans! haha

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor Pekin Restaurant not cheap, but yet overwhelmingly, its main customer base is local chinese, not Singaporeans. Malaysians love to burn money at gd restaurants, just like Singaporeans! haha

No matter how bad economy is, Malaysians just love their food. To them, you got to enjoy what you earn. Otherwise life has no meaning. And most of the time it is from their own pockets, not from company expenses. :biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how bad economy is, Malaysians just love their food. To them, you got to enjoy what you earn. Otherwise life has no meaning. And most of the time it is from their own pockets, not from company expenses. :biggrin:

I believe many Singaporeans also love Malaysian food!:biggrin: My friend was complaining to me how JB food has "damaged" his taste buds, now he finds Singapore food bland and look forward to eating JB food and misses it! LOL!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe many Singaporeans also love Malaysian food!:biggrin: My friend was complaining to me how JB food has "damaged" his taste buds, now he finds Singapore food bland and look forward to eating JB food and misses it! LOL!

Two identical dish, identical ingredients, same cook but both will give you different taste.
Key is the "hot wok aroma", type of wok material and fire.
Reminds me of hokkien mee with pig lard. Slurppp.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two identical dish, identical ingredients, same cook but both will give you different taste.

Damn many things nowadays no pork no lard in Singapore, don't know for what, as long as not halal, Muslim still cannot eat.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

The black version Hokkien mee from KL Petaling Street is legendary and many people even asked for the crispy extra pork lard bits topping.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The black version Hokkien mee from KL Petaling Street is legendary and many people even asked for the crispy extra pork lard bits topping.

Yup. That is good.
There are other famous ones too. Ah Hwa in PJ is good. Another good one is actually in Lot 10 Hutton food court.
For me it is a must have to have the "Chee Yau Char"

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Ministry is mulling a proposal for housing developers to be issued a moneylending licence to help non-bankable house buyers and overcome downpayment issues.
This happened last week.
Developers like Sunway Group, EcoWorld, Mah Sing and Glomac, are applying for moneylending licence in order to offer loans to "help non-bankable house buyers and overcome downpayment issues".
So, developers are trying to be bankers too!!
They are getting desperate!

However, the Finance Minister II says : "Not sustainable for developers to provide housing loans".

Wonder will it be as usual, a U turn after some "negotiations" with the developers.

Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/355253#ixzz4JmNQ6HF4

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Ministry is mulling a proposal for housing developers to be issued a moneylending licence to help non-bankable house buyers and overcome downpayment issues.
This happened last week.
Developers like Sunway Group, EcoWorld, Mah Sing and Glomac, are applying for moneylending licence in order to offer loans to "help non-bankable house buyers and overcome downpayment issues".
So, developers are trying to be bankers too!!
They are getting desperate!

However, the Finance Minister II says : "Not sustainable for developers to provide housing loans".

Wonder will it be as usual, a U turn after some "negotiations" with the developers.

Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/355253#ixzz4JmNQ6HF4

Will help boost demand. Great if it comes true.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are only 2 developers I know who is capable of build first then only sell. So far IJM and Sime Darby fits the bill as they have huge land banks and reserves. Other developers like Eco, Setia,Mah Sing are all too highly geared in land banks.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to show that the property is so sluggish that developers are resorting to become Ah Long, to offer loans to people rejected by banks is really a desperate move.
Maybe they figured that since the units remain unsold, might as well offer a loan to sell them off and if buyers default, just reprocess unit, nothing to lose.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say doing so will become US subprime crisis. Wonder they even know the essence of the crisis? As long as developers do not offload their risk via CDO or any financial innovation, thing shud b ok i guess.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to show that the property is so sluggish that developers are resorting to become Ah Long, to offer loans to people rejected by banks is really a desperate move.
Maybe they figured that since the units remain unsold, might as well offer a loan to sell them off and if buyers default, just reprocess unit, nothing to lose.

Yep exactly right, for own stay it is good, for "investors", it is just like developers selling you the property along with the rope to hang yourself.