• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project very high end one. I think it is completed in 2015 so this is still under warranty.
From letter, it seemed the damage is not due to workmanship but damaged by residents. Need to know the whole story first.
Amprojek is a jv betwen ACJ Group of Singapore and Joland Group of Malaysia.

PARAGON RESIDENCES

Anyone heard of this condo in JB completed not long ago? Supposed to be popular and have nice view from above and all that.

Apparently, there is a problem with one of the lifts there and it is within their defects rectification period. But the developer insists it is not their "shortcoming". Instead, they recommended owners to use their management funds to repair the lift! See the letter below.

I also learned that there is water leakage in many areas within the condo still not rectified.

Wow... liddat also can ah???!!

Paragon%20Residences%20lift%20letter_zpsn0xvmnza.jpg
[/QUOTE

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would rather respect people whose wallet kosong but otak banyak banyak than a person whose wallet banyak banyak but otak kosong, ha ha ha ha ha.

Myself otak kosong wan....knock knock got echo. Some otak kosong, knock also no echo. :smile:
Wallet also kosong. So I double kosong la. Hahahaha..

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project very high end one. I think it is completed in 2015 so this is still under warranty.
From letter, it seemed the damage is not due to workmanship but damaged by residents. Need to know the whole story first.

PARAGON RESIDENCES

Anyone heard of this condo in JB completed not long ago? Supposed to be popular and have nice view from above and all that.

Apparently, there is a problem with one of the lifts there and it is within their defects rectification period. But the developer insists it is not their "shortcoming". Instead, they recommended owners to use their management funds to repair the lift! See the letter below.

I also learned that there is water leakage in many areas within the condo still not rectified.

Wow... liddat also can ah???!!

Paragon%20Residences%20lift%20letter_zpsn0xvmnza.jpg
[/QUOTE
Joland group....haha, they are quite notorious. Jia-t lang gao gao (eat ppl) de, their paragon hotel last time abandon long time because they sabo and accuse the korean developer not delivering, also the batu pahat shopping mall project dispute with the Store. Ask locals who r in ppty sector, they can tell u the whole story.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

All I know is that the residents are frustrated now. Other than the lift issue, there were many other defects problems.

From the letter, I don't think it was implied the lift was damaged by residents. Anyway, how to damage a new lift?! The reply seems to say that the developer has handed over the lift in working order. Now that it is spoiled, it is not considered a defect to be rectified under the defect liability agreement. It's residents' problem liao.

Jialat.. if not many owners paid the maintenance fees, the lift could be left like that.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I know is that the residents are frustrated now. Other than the lift issue, there were many other defects problems.

From the letter, I don't think it was implied the lift was damaged by residents. Anyway, how to damage a new lift?! The reply seems to say that the developer has handed over the lift in working order. Now that it is spoiled, it is not considered a defect to be rectified under the defect liability agreement. It's residents' problem liao.

Jialat.. if not many owners paid the maintenance fees, the lift could be left like that.

I know one case where the owners damaged it during moving in process. No plywood to protect the lift panels. Then who is at fault?
Lift damage not necessarily the steel cables. There are many other things like dented steel cladding, scratched doors, etc.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be more problems as everything is shared. That is why I prefer landed.

I like landed for the space, and also the "novelty of experience" since I have never lived in one in my whole life prior to moving over to JB. BTW, some time back I visited the Ponderosa Woods showroom unit while waiting for my kid to finish class. Wah lau...the huge 3 storey corner unit semi-D showroom was nicely done...and it's for sale...what you see is what you get for slightly over S$1.1 million. I see also salivate. Almost 5000sqft built up with lift inside. Where to find such a unit in SG for such a price?:eek:

Peasant me can only afford to salivate a lot. LOL!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like landed for the space, and also the "novelty of experience" since I have never lived in one in my whole life prior to moving over to JB. BTW, some time back I visited the Ponderosa Woods showroom unit while waiting for my kid to finish class. Wah lau...the huge 3 storey corner unit semi-D showroom was nicely done...and it's for sale...what you see is what you get for slightly over S$1.1 million. I see also salivate. Almost 5000sqft built up with lift inside. Where to find such a unit in SG for such a price?:eek:

Yep I know what you mean :smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know one case where the owners damaged it during moving in process. No plywood to protect the lift panels. Then who is at fault?
Lift damage not necessarily the steel cables. There are many other things like dented steel cladding, scratched doors, etc.

But don't they have building management to control all these moving in/out, renovation, etc.?
Tenants has to provided deposit before renovation, write in for moving in/out so that the management can "keep an eye" on things and can claim for damage if caused by residents?
For new buildings, the building management usually destinate only certain lifts, which are also lined with protection, to be used by contractors and for movers.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But don't they have building management to control all these moving in/out, renovation, etc.?
Tenants has to provided deposit before renovation, write in for moving in/out so that the management can "keep an eye" on things and can claim for damage if caused by residents?
For new buildings, the building management usually destinate only certain lifts, which are also lined with protection, to be used by contractors and for movers.

Some recalcitrant owners will refuse to use the "renovation lifts". Renovation as it is means building materials, that is ok to collect deposits.

Yet some just use whatever lifts that come by for moving furniture, fridge or whatever. You could have a huge stainless steel clothes hanger scratching the mirror finished panels. The guards do not check the lifts everytime it open or close.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A place to resolve issues over your condo

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Many are unaware of the existence of the Strata Management Tribunal.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]PETALING JAYA: Are you angry with a difficult neighbour in your apartment block who refuses to fix a leak that flows into your unit? Are you frustrated that your condominium’s management is being secretive about its accounts?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The good news is that there is a place to resolve such issues and it was established more than a year ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Many people are still unaware of the existence of the Strata Management Tribunal (SMT), says the Secretary-General of the National House Buyers Association, Chang Kim Loong. The tribunal came into being under the Strata Management Act, specifically Act 757, which came into force in June last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Speaking to FMT on the issue of maintenance of flats, apartments and condominiums, Chang said anyone, from a resident to a representative of a management body, who feels aggrieved by any party in relation to issues with properties can take his case to the tribunal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Once the tribunal makes a ruling, those involved must comply with it,” he said. “As an example, if a neighbour’s house is leaking and it’s affecting your wall or ceiling and he refuses to fix it, you can take the neighbour to the tribunal.” Any party refusing to comply with the tribunal’s ruling would be committing a criminal offence, Chang pointed out.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
The issue of defaulting on maintenance fees in Malaysia is a long-standing problem, with many apartment and condominium management bodies being owed huge sums in arrears.In the case of maintenance fee defaulters, he said the tribunal also provided an avenue to residents and maintenance bodies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
This leads to maintenance and management issues, such as the inability to carry out building repairs, cleaning services and maintenance of facilities.The only problem is dealing with properties owned by foreigners who do not stay in the country. Chang anticipated such problems to increase as more condos are bought by foreigners.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah, Ponderosa Woods is not bad. Viewed this project together with New World Gardens before..... But absolute price is rather high, esp if you have SG property commitments........ haha

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, Ponderosa Woods is not bad. Viewed this project together with New World Gardens before..... But absolute price is rather high, esp if you have SG property commitments........ haha

If I have the money (dreaming only), I would prefer the Ponderosa Woods semi-D showroom fully furnished to move in unit at RM3 plus million, when compared to bungalows@The Hills at Horizon Hills, which are also units more than 5000sqft built up and costing close to RM4 million but is empty one and thus requiring a good few hundreds of thousands to renovate. Besides, hardly anyone has moved in yet, and also a bit too far in. Not close to basic amenities and so have to drive out a couple of km to get essentials.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have the money (dreaming only), I would prefer the Ponderosa Woods semi-D showroom fully furnished to move in unit at RM3 plus million, when compared to bungalows@The Hills at Horizon Hills, which are also units more than 5000sqft built up and costing close to RM4 million but is empty one and thus requiring a good few hundreds of thousands to renovate. Besides, hardly anyone has moved in yet, and also a bit too far in. Not close to basic amenities and so have to drive out a couple of km to get essentials.

Today is Toto day mah...... haha. New World Garden is not bad too. Got own swimming clubhouse, and super near to Giant and Tesco. I also quite like Straits View Residence (with its own clubhouse), though its surroundings is not as convenient as Ponderosa and New World Gardens.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today is Toto day mah...... haha. New World Garden is not bad too. Got own swimming clubhouse, and super near to Giant and Tesco. I also quite like Straits View Residence (with its own clubhouse), though its surroundings is not as convenient as Ponderosa and New World Gardens.

Agreed, New Word Gardens also very nicely done with own clubhouse and swimming pool, and nicely located near to Tesco, mere stone's throw. Too bad....no money...if only I have $2.6m sitting in my bank...:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about Senibong-Cove.
Looks pretty OK..

Brother Potter best person to comment! In my view, anything in Senibong Cove is nice.:smile: About the only "drawback" I see is that when low tide, the water way meandering the bungalow units become quite unsightly...like mangrove swamp...beware of the Swamp Thing!:biggrin: