• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

property investment technique in oz

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that Singaporeans are generally risk averse. But Australia compared to Singapore is better place to take risk. There is the welfare net and the stigma of failure is not so offensive. Aussies tend to treat it as fighter.

But neverthess its a carries inherent risk. Those in mid 80s will remember when rates went to double digit and foreclosures were high.

I suppose a balance is ideal.

I was told by a banker that mortagages are funding private school education for most australians as well. Similar to the US.

不入虎穴焉得虎子,I think most Sinkies, are very risk adverse, the PRCs, Indians here are playing the property monopoly as axe168 is doing. To them, Australia is a great place. My Indian colleague is already leveraging his current home to get one that is well placed to send his son to a top school over here. Its also in a suburb which is well known as a traditional "upper class".

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bizarre - he thought of powder room but not bathroom. The builder or even the guy who did his design would have told him.

(I have not visited the site personally)
I do not think that space was intended for a powder room.
I am not sure how they managed to put in the plumbling.
This design is the afterthought of the next door townhouse.
Any takers for this townhouse? :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bankruptcy is very different from Singapore. At least you are allowed to own a car and maintain a decent lifestyle while relieving pressure.

Don' give up. Fight hard. Sometime people think that Asians are meek and can be easily bullied.

Heehee.. Perhaps you know everything ? including LAW ? The big elephant did not submit their final submission.. (I wonder why ?? surrender ?) and their rep (decision maker) maintained his summary statement was based on his personal understanding and interpretation.. LOL ! KNN he thought he is bloody LKY !! wahahaha. In my final submission, I have included Act, Regulation and relevant case study in 2006.. I guess shld be sufficient, I can only pray.. heehee..

KNN spending hours and hours reading (incld sammyboying).. Lifestyle and family are severely compromised, someone has to pay for this..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
不入虎穴焉得虎子,I think most Sinkies, are very risk adverse, the PRCs, Indians here are playing the property monopoly as axe168 is doing. To them, Australia is a great place. My Indian colleague is already leveraging his current home to get one that is well placed to send his son to a top school over here. Its also in a suburb which is well known as a traditional "upper class".

IMHO, I think Australia is a great place ! Few weeks ago, I went to mini court for a dispute.. (I terminated the lease coz I bought a hse).. bloody agent slapped me with hefty fines.. Well, guess what ? I refused to give in, thus ended up in court. I got back all my $$$ bcoz they did not "appear" in court.. LOL !

In Australia, there's a lot of games can be played, if you have the balls.. sadly, sinkies gave in easily without even contesting. In conclusion, SG NS and education make us weaker.. agree ? Not axe168.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Luck. The fact that he did not submit, puts you on better ground.

Heehee.. Perhaps you know everything ? including LAW ? The big elephant did not submit their final submission.. (I wonder why ?? surrender ?) and their rep (decision maker) maintained his summary statement was based on his personal understanding and interpretation.. LOL ! KNN he thought he is bloody LKY !! wahahaha. In my final submission, I have included Act, Regulation and relevant case study in 2006.. I guess shld be sufficient, I can only pray.. heehee..

KNN spending hours and hours reading (incld sammyboying).. Lifestyle and family are severely compromised, someone has to pay for this..

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree on the SG NS and education makes us weaker. Till this day, I'm still trying to reverse some of the damage done. Thank god for SBF where I can find like minded people in here. I always thought I'm the only one that has the same view point. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oei after you win your big case what you goinna do with it ah ?

IMHO, I think Australia is a great place ! Few weeks ago, I went to mini court for a dispute.. (I terminated the lease coz I bought a hse).. bloody agent slapped me with hefty fines.. Well, guess what ? I refused to give in, thus ended up in court. I got back all my $$$ bcoz they did not "appear" in court.. LOL !

In Australia, there's a lot of games can be played, if you have the balls.. sadly, sinkies gave in easily without even contesting. In conclusion, SG NS and education make us weaker.. agree ? Not axe168.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont talk cock.. RBA increased the rate for a reason.. you wana know whats the reason ? Bcoz the avg housing prices increased 15% in a mere 6mths.. Inner suburbz expected to have more growth. By doing nothing, I'm already gaining.. easy money..

The 10-15% was due to low rates and the housing grant which is over. We dont see prices increasing if the RBA keeps its pace so good luck to you. If I were you I would hope for fewer rate increases if you are planning on realizing any capital appreciation in the near term, otherwise recent events in Australia are resultant in a partial recovery from pre-2007 housing levels. An Additional 10% nationwide appreciation would return the market to 2007 levels which is possible but entirely dependant on the RBA and the inflationary pressues in Australia at this time. Even in this case it would still result in a net loss due to holding costs. We absolutely dont expect prices to rise beyond 2007 levels except for coastal and high demand property in high demand locales such as Sydey's Eastern Suburbs for example.

Other markets in Europe and the Americas are attracting interest among property investors at this time. Seek further and you will find attractive investments.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think we have some advantages. The angmo male's way of thinking is very different from asian men's thinking. They tend to look at things in a linear way, we tend to look at overall picture and form relationships.

Additional point. This make us superior in the modern world.

This is why I find some of the more matured angmo women prefer asian men, simply because our ways of thinking are more alike theirs.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you get invited to a gathering of ex-singaporeans who migrated to OZ nearly 20 years ago. No change, still scared to talk about PAP, when they speak anything negative about singapore, they lower their tone and use descriptive terms rather than name the person.

Those who were educated in OZ tend to be lot more open even thought they completed their education more than 20 years ago. They also tend not to gather in parochial groups.

50 years of training that confrontation and challenging the norm is anti-social courtesy of the PAP.

I even came across a chap that went back to stay in his HDB flat for 2 years in order to sell it. Disrupting his kid's studies. Scared of brealking some regulation. Most people rent it out and sell it without declaring that they are out of the country.

Totally agree on the SG NS and education makes us weaker. Till this day, I'm still trying to reverse some of the damage done. Thank god for SBF where I can find like minded people in here. I always thought I'm the only one that has the same view point. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haven't win yet lah.. nb.. I gotto practice my "crying skill" :p (initially, I thought the whole family should fly to Brisbane and cry in court together while presenting my concluding statement.. wahahaha :smile: another way to win the judge over :biggrin: heehee.. then change my mind..)

Now I have to practise my cry alone to show the judge I was bullied by the big elephant. My wife said this is a despicable thing to do..haha.. she said I shld join the TCS.. keke

I guess I wont be disappointed, the little tears will win the judge over.. compensation will be pleasing.. I hope.. hahaha

If i win, beers on me !!

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 10-15% was due to low rates and the housing grant which is over. We dont see prices increasing if the RBA keeps its pace so good luck to you. If I were you I would hope for fewer rate increases if you are planning on realizing any capital appreciation in the near term, otherwise recent events in Australia are resultant in a partial recovery from pre-2007 housing levels. An Additional 10% nationwide appreciation would return the market to 2007 levels which is possible but entirely dependant on the RBA and the inflationary pressues in Australia at this time. Even in this case it would still result in a net loss due to holding costs. We absolutely dont expect prices to rise beyond 2007 levels except for coastal and high demand property in high demand locales such as Sydey's Eastern Suburbs for example.

Other markets in Europe and the Americas are attracting interest among property investors at this time. Seek further and you will find attractive investments.

My credible CBRE weekly report indicated 2010 (forecast) Australia Melbourne dwelling investment will grow 7.3% and 8.0% in 2011f v a nobody 'Peiweh' from Sammyboy advising Europe and US are better .. who do you think I will trust ? Last year, I based on AHURI research & housing conference and ventured/ acquired an Inner Eastern suburb hse (8km).. (within your "except" prediction?) I never look back since..

I shall say no more about Australia economy.. waste my time, hehe.. please mark my words.. Australia will boom for another >20yrs... Dont believe me ? Lets meet here again in the next 10yrs to find out the result.. please save this sheet for future reference :smile:

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we have some advantages.

Not all sinkies have the balls.. depending on your SG NS posting.. as a proud combat clerk, I must admit discreetly, my balls are hanging outwards .. guts many-many.. heehee

Of course we have the advantage, 1st you gotto have balls.. then take your balls to the test.. finally ejaculation to achieve full satisfaction !! :biggrin::p heehee..

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate, just read carefully how he is framing it. It/they uses we a lot in the post. Its not an individual you are addressing if you know what I mean. :wink:

My credible CBRE weekly report indicated 2010 (forecast) Australia Melbourne dwelling investment will grow 7.3% and 8.0% in 2011f v a nobody 'Peiweh' from Sammyboy advising Europe and US are better .. who do you think I will trust ? Last year, I based on AHURI research & housing conference and ventured/ acquired an Inner Eastern suburb hse (8km).. (within your "except" prediction?) I never look back since..

I shall say no more about Australia economy.. waste my time, hehe.. please mark my words.. Australia will boom for another >20yrs... Dont believe me ? Lets meet here again in the next 10yrs to find out the result.. please save this sheet for future reference :smile:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal

I actually agree with the CB Ellis report even though they are a property agency. Its your life and I wish you luck even though we are sure 2011 will not be a rosy year for property in Australia. 2010 will complete the recover but then what would the mortgage rates be?

The numbers dont show Australia will boom as it did in 2000-2007 but the economy will continue to expand at a rate of 3% with slightly higher inflation. You are too focused on "boom" when "boom" always comes at a cost. When inflation is mathing growth I would not call that a boom and the US is not ramping inventory so Chinese demand for resources will be subdued. Perhaps if the US of a recovers and the Chinese factories restart then its possible Australia will have a boom.

Australia will do ok in 2011, 2012, and beyond but the overall property market wont follow BUT we dont see prices decreasing just remaining stagnant once property prices recover to 2007 despite housing shortages. Rents in Australia are also raising along with rates so this will put further pressure

Just wait and see in 2011 and beyond the opportunities will be in Europe and the US of a, perhaps S America. Spain and Brazil is looking very interesting.

Good luck.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't win yet lah.. nb.. I gotto practice my "crying skill" :p (initially, I thought the whole family should fly to Brisbane and cry in court together while presenting my concluding statement.. wahahaha :smile: another way to win the judge over :biggrin: heehee.. then change my mind..)

Now I have to practise my cry alone to show the judge I was bullied by the big elephant. My wife said this is a despicable thing to do..haha.. she said I shld join the TCS.. keke

I guess I wont be disappointed, the little tears will win the judge over.. compensation will be pleasing.. I hope.. hahaha

If i win, beers on me !!

Hey bullshit artist remember the old forum? Remember your massive property losses in Brisbane? Its there for all to see so b4 your put your foot further up your ass just remember your losses in Brisbane ok?

Here we have a brothel moron losing big money in Brisbane and then trying to act like you know anything

Dream on you moron!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah ah prick, 爱拼才会赢不拼不知输赢。li chai bo ah? yi bo pia an chua eh chai su yia ah? mai luan zhu ta yi eh bo lui lah. bo ho se la li ani. chai bo?

Hey bullshit artist remember the old forum? Remember your massive property losses in Brisbane? Its there for all to see so b4 your put your foot further up your ass just remember your losses in Brisbane ok?

Here we have a brothel moron losing big money in Brisbane and then trying to act like you know anything

Dream on you moron!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mate, just read carefully how he is framing it. It/they uses we a lot in the post. Its not an individual you are addressing if you know what I mean. :wink:

Personally, I am not too worried about the use of 'we'. It is a habit of Singapore public servants to be inclusive.

Whether is it Shockshiok, Pei Wah or Aussie Prick. What "they" post already tell me that "they" know nothing about Australia. The tone of the language of preference is one of warning.

I think the smart Aussies are prepared for anything. We are not sitting ducks for PAP. At least I will not be sack by Ho Ching with no voice to seek redress if I use that words "That is not my job" on her. I wonder whast happened to that sacked colleague who worked at Starhub centre with her.

Ho Ching set her own law. She still get the Singapore tax benefits meant for first and second borned, when she give birth to the "3rd and 4th" children of Loon.