• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[PROOF] Once A Covider, Always A Covider (For Life)

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese woman confirmed as COVID-19 case for 2nd time, weeks after initial recovery

27 Feb 2020 11:25AM (Updated: 27 Feb 2020 12:32PM)

TOKYO: A woman working as a tour-bus guide in Japan tested positive for the coronavirus for a second time, Osaka's prefectural government said on Wednesday (Feb 26), the first person in the country to do so amid growing concerns about the spread of the infection.

The second positive test comes as the number of confirmed cases in Japan rose to 186 by Thursday from around 170 the day before.

Tokyo has urged big gatherings and sports events to be scrapped or curtailed for two weeks to contain the virus while pledging the 2020 Olympic Games will still go ahead in the city.

The 186 cases reported by Japan's health ministry are separate from 704 reported from an outbreak on a cruise liner that was quarantined off Tokyo earlier this month. A total of seven people have died, including four from the ship.

The woman, a resident of Osaka in western Japan, tested positive on Wednesday after developing a sore throat and chest pains, the prefectural government said in a statement, describing her as being in her forties. She first tested positive in late January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on Feb 1, according to the statement.

The health ministry confirmed the case was the first in Japan where a patient tested positive for coronavirus for a second time after being discharged from hospital, the Nikkei newspaper said.

Though a first in Japan, cases of second positive tests have been reported in China, where the disease originated late last year. The outbreak has spread rapidly and widely, infecting about 80,000 people globally and killing nearly 2,800, the vast majority in mainland China.

"Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs," said Philip Tierno Jr, professor of microbiology and pathology at NYU School of Medicine.

He said much remains unknown about the virus. "I'm not certain that this is not bi-phasic, like anthrax," he said, meaning the disease appears to go away before recurring.

Asked to comment on prospects for the Olympic Games going ahead in Tokyo this summer, Prof Tierno said: "The Olympics should be postponed if this continues ... There are many people who don't understand how easy it is to spread this infection from one person to another."

Japan has changed its strategy in combating the contagion, seeking to slow its spread and minimise the number of deaths.

As part of the attempt to contain the outbreak, Tokyo Olympics officials are considering scaling down the torch relay, Tokyo 2020 CEO Toshiro Muto said on Wednesday.

The government is also considering scaling back this year's Mar 11 memorial ceremony for victims of 2011's massive earthquake and tsunami, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters on Thursday.

Meanwhile a major Japanese bank reported an employee had tested positive for coronavirus. MUFG Bank, part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc, the country's largest lender by assets, said a member of staff at a branch in central Aichi prefecture, had been confirmed to have the virus on Wednesday.

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This means those who are released from hospital after supposed recovery are still contagious.

They are already in our midst.

Worried?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I don't understand the commotion. If one kena flu before does not mean one will not kena again in future. That Jap woman was cured, but got infected again when she caught the infection from someone somewhere.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand the commotion. If one kena flu before does not mean one will not kena again in future. That Jap woman was cured, but got infected again when she caught the infection from someone somewhere.

This is worse than the common flu, and it means that she was released back into the wild after her quarantine/recovery, infecting other people.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So it's a super virus, cannot be eliminated The human race is doomed!:eek:

When you have a normal flu, after a few days of rest and when the symptoms have subsided, you are not going to infect anyone else.

The coronavirus is different.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Covid machiam like terrorist cells. Will never be able to rid it.
So it's a super virus, cannot be eliminated The human race is doomed!:eek:
it is the new hepatitis .siao liao la!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
When you have a normal flu, after a few days of rest and when the symptoms have subsided, you are not going to infect anyone else.

c'mon lah you guys.

humans are not machines. and virus are adaptive. sometimes a person's immune system is cmi. so all it manages to do is to drive the virus into dormancy. either that or the virus is so well adapted that it manages to "hide" from your immune system. some herpesviruses are like that. with flu, you actually become immune to that flu strain. the only issue is that flu mutates so fast and sometimes when it jumps from host to host that by end of year original flu strain looks different to immune system.

this woman looks like a supercarrier. able to host the virus asymptomatically but still infectious.

stop scaring people lah...

@nayr69sg. can you please make sure I'm not talking out of my ass? I don't wish to mislead people...

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes, it is totally different. Hence, we are all going to die. I have began to put my affairs in order.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
c'mon lah you guys.

humans are not machines. and virus are adaptive. sometimes a person's immune system is cmi. so all it manages to do is to drive the virus into dormancy. either that or the virus is so well adapted that it manages to "hide" from your immune system. some herpesviruses are like that. with flu, you actually become immune to that flu strain. the only issue is that flu mutates so fast and sometimes when it jumps from host to host that by end of year original flu strain looks different to immune system.

this woman looks like a supercarrier. able to host the virus asymptomatically but still infectious.

stop scaring people lah...

@nayr69sg. can you please make sure I'm not talking out of my ass? I don't wish to mislead people...
Nice try my friend. But it does not negate the fact that this virus is always a few steps ahead of scientific and medical technology. It is a smart virus, able to mutate and morph into something different constantly. There's no catching up with it and eliminating it. Hence :

We%2527re%2Ball%2Bgoing%2Bto%2Bdie.%2BBut%2Bat%2Bleast%2Bwe%2Bdie%2Btogether..jpg

Adios my friends! This is the end.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak that means the sinkie coviders that were discharged from hospital could infect others and themselves.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice try my friend. But it does not negate the fact that this virus is always a few steps ahead of scientific and medical technology. It is a smart virus, able to mutate and morph into something different constantly. There's no catching up with it and eliminating it. Hence :

We%2527re%2Ball%2Bgoing%2Bto%2Bdie.%2BBut%2Bat%2Bleast%2Bwe%2Bdie%2Btogether..jpg

Adios my friends! This is the end.
you on some kinda fantasy thing issit? the most incredible virus is actually the flu virus... it mutates like a motherfucka. has been with us forever and will continue for the forseeable future. this covid-19/sars-2 is backward in comparison...

unless it mutates into something scarier...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
you on some kinda fantasy thing issit? the most incredible virus is actually the flu virus... it mutates like a motherfucka. has been with us forever and will continue for the forseeable future. this covid-19/sars-2 is backward in comparison...

unless it mutates into something scarier...
No I am not on any trip. I think.

But it has mutated and will continue to mutate! It is smart enough to exploit specific weakness within a specific host. Hence, refer to what I said earlier about this being the end.

The end of the world is upon us, folks. See you all in our next incarnation.