• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Pregnant Pinoy Trump Misses ASEAN Meetings And Dinner Because He Needs To Nap! Fucking Fat Ass!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
philippine-president-rodrigo-duterte-s-office-said-power-naps-had-caused-the-leader-to-miss-key-meetings-at-a-singapore-summit--1542253093691-9.jpg

SINGAPORE: Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday (Nov 15) made light of his penchant for daytime dozes after his office said "power naps" had caused the gruff leader to miss a number of key meetings at a Singapore summit.

Duterte is attending the annual Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) meeting alongside a string of world leaders including Russia's Vladimir Putin, Japan's Shinzo Abe, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and US Vice-President Mike Pence.

But on Wednesday, the mercurial leader missed four of the eleven meetings he was slated to attend, as well as a gala dinner hosted by Singaporean leader Lee Hsien Loong.

"What's wrong with my nap?" the 73-year-old told reporters as he arrived at the summit venue on Thursday morning for another long day of meetings.

Asked if he felt fully rested he replied: "Still not good enough, but enough to sustain the endurance for the last days."

Duterte's no-shows on Wednesday prompted a statement from his office explaining he had only had three hours of sleep the night before.

"He took power naps to catch (up) on sleep," presidential spokesman Salvador S Panelo said, adding that "some quarters are making a big fuss of the president skipping a few meetings."

"We assure the nation that his aforementioned absence has nothing to do with his physical health and wellbeing which have been the subject of speculation," he added.

The outspoken leader remains popular at home even as he pursues a deadly drug war that has seen thousands killed and horrified western allies.

But he has regularly prompted theorising about his health by skipping events or discussing his ailments in public since taking power in 2016.

Duterte has said previously that he suffers from daily migraines and ailments including Buerger's disease, an illness that affects the veins and the arteries of the limbs, and is usually due to smoking.

Despite his deadly crackdown on drugs, he also revealed in 2016 that he used to take fentanyl, a powerful opiate painkiller, because of a spinal injury from previous motorcycle accidents.

He is the oldest person ever to be elected president in the Philippines, but he is far from the most veteran world leader attending ASEAN.

That accolade goes to Malaysia's Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, who is 20 years older than Duterte and currently the world's oldest leader.

"I don't know how I manage," Mahathir told AFP at the end of the summit when asked how he manages to keep up with the frenetic diplomatic schedule.

"I always attend meetings. It's my duty. If I can, I will. If I'm sick, I won't," he added.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/duterte-power-nap-asean-summit-meetings-10932880

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no loss for the summit - this idiot couldn't comprehend the proceedings nor contribute in any way, whatsoever! :redface:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least he is honest-not like someone who fainted even when giving a speech or have 2 cancers and still cling on to his highest paying job.
Most of these meetings are a waste of time and in the end the country with the most military power wins .
Trump is even smarter-he does not even bother to attend

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skip to main content
Toggle navigationThe New PaperSearch The New Paper

POPULAR

WORLD
Duterte defends need to ‘power nap’ after summit no-shows
NP_20181116_NAP16_4418980.jpg
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte.PHOTO: REUTERS
Nov 16, 2018 06:00 am
  • 61 Engagements

SINGAPORE Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte yesterday made light of his penchant for daytime dozes after his office said "power naps" had caused the gruff leader to miss a number of key meetings at a Singapore summit.
Mr Duterte is attending the annual Asean meeting alongside a string of world leaders including Russia's Vladimir Putin, Japan's Shinzo Abe, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and US Vice-President Mike Pence.
But on Wednesday, he missed four of the 11 meetings he was slated to attend, as well as a gala dinner hosted by Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
"What's wrong with my nap?" the 73-year-old told reporters as he arrived at the summit venue yesterday morning for another long day of meetings.
Asked if he felt fully rested he replied: "Still not good enough, but enough to sustain the endurance for the last days."

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Duterte's no-shows on Wednesday prompted a statement from his office explaining he had only had three hours of sleep the night before.

WORLD
Pence: No more broken promises on denuclearisation
Nov 16, 2018
"He took power naps to catch (up) on sleep," presidential spokesman Salvador S. Panelo said. - AFP

Get The New Paper on your phone with the free TNP app. Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store now
WORLD

TOP STORIES THIS MONTH

SINGAPORE
Sats officer dies in Spize food poisoning incident
Nov 15, 2018

SPORTS
Singaporean stars shine at ONE: Heart Of The Lion
Nov 10, 2018

SINGAPORE
Sats officer in ICU due to food from Spize
Nov 13, 2018
RECOMMENDED

SPH Digital News Copyright © 2018 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn No. 198402868E

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
He probably knows jolly well 95% of content is Talk Cock Sing Song session. I like his attitude. He's being himself.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a PERFECT ATTITUDE to show DISRESPECT & DESPISE especially to Chow Ang Moh Pence, and educate them not to dream to coerce nor push him around. He display clearly that: YOU ARE ALL NOTHING TO ME! I don't give face! I don't give a shit! And I mean it!

Wonderful. No civilized protocol nor any diplomatic craps will be respected nor complied, he is here to show that, you all can Jiak Sai! Fuck yourself, never expect me to follow your idioticity.