• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pregnancy of Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter raises questions

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-palin2-2008sep02,0,1157813.story

So much for being a conservative mum, when she allows her young teenager daughter to have intimate relations with her boyfriend, and then get pregnant.

Sure she's getting married, and she has to deliver the baby. But is it right to allow your daughter, one so young, to do intimate relations when you're supposed to be a conservative christian family in the first place?

Surely a mum would cultivate her from young that its wrong to do that until you're an adult, and gonna get married- if you preach the conservative principles as you said you do. And yet, now your daughter, a mere 17 year old high school student, has her own daughter.

Its ridiculous when I read all these conservative evangelists defending her decision as brave, when I'm also very sure that if it was just another ordinary girl, let her be white or black, they would condemn her for having sexual relations at such a young age.

In short Palin shouldn't expect double standards. If you're a true blue conservative, then you should act what you believe and be true to your word. But if you say one thing and do another, and give no comment as to why, don't blame if others call you an opportunist and a hypocrite.

Nahia, U think so easy to raise 5 chidlren? Families are off limits topics lah.

Give Sarah "MILF" Palin a break.

She pro-life what, so she did walk the talk.

Online gripes are that Sarah's newborn baby is actually her daughter's one. :confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bill Clinton also took drugs and evaded conscription when he was young. He still got elected for President. He even got blowjobs in the White House when he was President. He got caught but still he got re-elected. Loosen up folks, welcome to the USA.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u have a kid, studying in american high school, would u want him/ her to go to school with or without gun? for me, i would rather my son or daughter to bring a gun to his/ her school, just in case there is crazy people in school doing a massacre, he/ she could protect himself.
And how did the guns get into the hands of crackos in the first place? Also, do you think your kid would have enough training and experience to make the crucial rules of engagement decisions about when to discharge his firearm. Even well-trained policemen make mistakes - what more a kid.

Take a look what just came in the news about what guns can do when they are readily available: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7595178.stm

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how did the guns get into the hands of crackos in the first place? Also, do you think your kid would have enough training and experience to make the crucial rules of engagement decisions about when to discharge his firearm. Even well-trained policemen make mistakes - what more a kid.

Take a look what just came in the news about what guns can do when they are readily available: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7595178.stm

wanna get rid of guns once and for all in any society, i am all for that.

but if the country cant get rid of guns, and there are killing spree happen in high school every now and then, i think its best for the students and teachers to know how to handle gun, and carry a gun to school each day. that way, students and teachers would not be sitting duck, victim of some gun craze psychopath in high school.

A

Alu862

Aiyah, all this tells us is that American's need more sex edu.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what you advocate?

Sarah Palin should kill her daughter for dishonouring the family? Perhaps cut open her daughter's stomach and remove the foetus and bury them alive?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bill Clinton also took drugs and evaded conscription when he was young. He still got elected for President. He even got blowjobs in the White House when he was President. He got caught but still he got re-elected. Loosen up folks, welcome to the USA.

Well, Mark Foley was caught trying to chat up with young congressional male interns- while presenting himself as a strong conservative who protects children rights- and he had to resign from his post.

Former New York Governor Spitzer was caught earlier this year using state funds in his sexual escapades with one 20+ year old girl- while presenting himself as "Mr. Clean" who would continue to clean up the streets of New York of prostitutes and drug dealers.

In the end, it's all about timing and the amount of deception. If you hide it, and then people have to push you out, you often lose a lot- especially the sin is against what you are standing for. Mark Foley's case was pretty serious as he was seen as an anti-gay, archetype Republican, clean and strong. And yet he tried to hook up with interns, inducing them to become gay.

The case pretty much summed up the level of moral corruption in the GOP in both Houses in 2006 and that's why at that time, the Democrats were able to win.

So what you advocate?

Sarah Palin should kill her daughter for dishonouring the family? Perhaps cut open her daughter's stomach and remove the foetus and bury them alive?

Well, its you who said such words. I never suggested such a thing. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy and the fact that McCain didn't vet her enough before deciding to select her. If McCain/Palin loses, and Palin plays a major role in his loss at the end of the year, perhaps by that time, McCain would be asking if Romney, or Pawnlety would have been better.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact that why S'poreans are banned from having guns outside of army and police camps is not just political, but also about social reasons. Its to prevent the likes of Char from arming themselves or arming crazy people or immature kids and shooting each other anytime they like.

To be honest, Singapore is safer than most countries because there's a fierce gun-control law with the ultimate penalty, and a drug law that has also the same ultimate penalty. Some of us may disagree with the application of both laws, but I think most of us can agree that its these two which keeps gun runners away and reduces the number of drug runners around in Singapore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still think that a 17-year-old pregnacy is commonplace is the US, whereby social norm and legislation there's not much parental authority excercizable over kids. I don't think it'd be an issue. If it is, it may be even help Sarah Palin's cause, with millions of parents identifying with her.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think that a 17-year-old pregnacy is commonplace is the US, whereby social norm and legislation there's not much parental authority excercizable over kids. I don't think it'd be an issue. If it is, it may be even help Sarah Palin's cause, with millions of parents identifying with her.

Well, the GOP mothers will sympathise, and even some of the democrat ones. But the democrats know Palin doesn't share their values, while knowing Clinton does.

And so while sympathy is there, that doesn't mean it will translate into votes. I think as the 2 months go by, as more soccer mums realise that McCain and Palin doesn't share many of their values, they would probably not vote for her.

After all, as I said, the Bidens and Obamas have no such scandal. And both Obama and Biden agree with Clinton on women rights and equality. Under McCain, the women will get no such thing. Plus, McCain has made many discoloured jokes degrading women in the past. Its all online really. McCain is not pro-female. He only wants their votes, not their hearts, and that's why he selected Palin. It might be too hasty.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reublican will lose!! The FengShui not very good leh because her face shape run counter to McCain's !!