• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pregnancy of Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter raises questions

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-palin2-2008sep02,0,1157813.story

So much for being a conservative mum, when she allows her young teenager daughter to have intimate relations with her boyfriend, and then get pregnant.

Sure she's getting married, and she has to deliver the baby. But is it right to allow your daughter, one so young, to do intimate relations when you're supposed to be a conservative christian family in the first place?

Surely a mum would cultivate her from young that its wrong to do that until you're an adult, and gonna get married- if you preach the conservative principles as you said you do. And yet, now your daughter, a mere 17 year old high school student, has her own daughter.

Its ridiculous when I read all these conservative evangelists defending her decision as brave, when I'm also very sure that if it was just another ordinary girl, let her be white or black, they would condemn her for having sexual relations at such a young age.

In short Palin shouldn't expect double standards. If you're a true blue conservative, then you should act what you believe and be true to your word. But if you say one thing and do another, and give no comment as to why, don't blame if others call you an opportunist and a hypocrite.

A

Alu862

It is nothing new in America. But if it was Singapore, there definitely will be cries of asking her to step down

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is nothing new in America. But if it was Singapore, there definitely will be cries of asking her to step down

Well, there will be many liberals hammering down the points in their blogs; the democrats will surely question it and sooner rather than later, it will bubble up and it will be very uncomfortable for McCain really.

At least if you look at Biden and Obama, they don't have such scandals...Biden has been loyal to his first wife(who died in an accident the same day he was to be swore in), and then remarried and have since been loyal. Obama loves Michelle and has been loyal from day one.

So much for personal scandal when Palin and McCain aren't exactly role models in their private lives. I mean this and McCain, btw, was a divorcee. Cindy McCain isn't his first wife; this isn't his first marriage.

A

Alu862

Well, there will be many liberals hammering down the points in their blogs; the democrats will surely question it and sooner rather than later, it will bubble up and it will be very uncomfortable for McCain really.

At least if you look at Biden and Obama, they don't have such scandals...Biden has been loyal to his first wife(who died in an accident the same day he was to be swore in), and then remarried and have since been loyal. Obama loves Michelle and has been loyal from day one.

So much for personal scandal when Palin and McCain aren't exactly role models in their private lives. I mean this and McCain, btw, was a divorcee. Cindy McCain isn't his first wife; this isn't his first marriage.

Obama said he won't harp on it.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama said he won't harp on it.

Well the liberal bloggers with the Huffington Post aren't his surrogates anyway.

Obama himself obviously won't get into the muck. Neither will Biden. But the internet will just harp on it, and so will the media. And like it or not, such news have a habit of burying the people who instigate it themselves.

Namely McCain and Palin- especially if ordinary people realise the hypocrisy themselves. Obama and Biden knows this themselves, and so they stay out. But that doesn't mean that McCain/Palin will get away scot free. The media will do the dog-chasing and pester them non-stop.

Obama use drugs when he was young.

Old news, babe. But that's because Obama admitted in his first book that was written more than 10 years ago. Long before he even ran for political office. In contrast, Palin was just recently nominated- and the Palin family wanted to keep this under wraps as long as possible. Contrast this: Obama was being honest by admitting it way way earlier. Palin was clearly trying to hide it because her family and herself knew it'd expose her as a hypocrite.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing much they could get from this really if the democrats wanna keep harping on Pilan 17 years old daughter's pregnancy.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama used drugs when he was young. So should the media or democrats bury Palin future because of her daughter misconduct?? Not justifiable.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing much the media and the democrats could get from this episode. This Palin's daughter pregnancy.

It will only make this election uglier. Thats all.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama used drugs when he was young. So should the media or democrats bury Palin future because of her daughter misconduct?? Not justifiable.

You don't understand what is the difference of time and honesty isn't it? Obama didn't hide it, and was honest from the start. His drug habit when he was young was not even a secret ever since he ran for office(Illinois state senate) in 1996.

And besides it's old news buddy. Don't try to divert people's attention!

Now, Palin was recently nominated and did try to hide it before the media exposed it. There's clearly a sense of dishonesty here. And yet you try to avoid it.

Sad really; its time you call a spade a spade dear. I see you're being evasive and squirming a bit now. But if the truth makes you uncomfortable, then you have no one to blame for it.

I will say it again: Palin is being dishonest and is behaving as a hypocrite.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing much they could get from this really if the democrats wanna keep harping on Pilan 17 years old daughter's pregnancy.

The media aren't the democrats. And if the liberal bloggers want to harp on it, and let it rise to the mainstream, then there's not much anyone else can do about it.

The wave wasn't started by them anyway; Palin started it by trying to hide it in the first place. And once sources find out and reveal them to the press...

A

Alu862

At least they admit. They didn't do a Bill Clinton (no disrespect for the Clinton camp)

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her daughter is five months pregnant. Palin give birth to a baby with down syndrome 4 months ago. The timing is it happened all in a close proximity. Give them a break.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her daughter is five months pregnant. Palin give birth to a baby with down syndrome 4 months ago. The timing is it happened all in a close proximity. Give them a break.

Well, if Palin wanted to give the press a break, then reveal it earlier. Its that simple. Take herself out of the Veep nominee shortlist- and allow Romney, Pawnlety or Lieberman to fight it out for McCain's attention.

It'd have spared McCain so much trouble. Now if the house stinks, don't blame other people for it. After all, its you who has to clean it up, not the outsiders.

At least they admit. They didn't do a Bill Clinton (no disrespect for the Clinton camp)

Well, after much reluctance, have they done so. Obama didn't from the start. Its much more subtle- but it doesn't mean its less significant. Its better to push it out earlier yourself, than to be pushed and be forced to defend yourself.

A

Alu862

The Republicans are losing so this is the best they can do. What is more important is who makes up the cabinet of the next administration.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not a american nor a republican. i am just a sporean.

let me repeat. i don't think this episode palin's daugher pregnancy will hurt the mccain and palin much. if the democrat keep on harping on this, it only make the election uglier. thats all they could get.

A

Alu862

i am not a american nor a republican. i am just a sporean.

let me repeat. i don't think this episode palin's daugher pregnancy will hurt the mccain and palin much. if the democrat keep on harping on this, it only make the election uglier. thats all they could get.

They're not. They're waiting to blast her during the VP debates.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Bristol (Palin's daughter) allows between her legs is her own business. I note the almost divine (if there is such a thing) irony of Bristol's state in her mother's campaign of course but little more.

The thing that really bothers me about Palin and the Republicans is their cavalier stand on guns. Their failure to see the link between guns in private hands and the many tragic shootouts around the country makes many 'conservative' US cities and towns very dangerous.

Sure, 'people, not guns kill' but any idiot can see that people with guns make far more efficient killers than those without. But then again, Palin and her ilk are not just any idiot: they are a special kind of idiot.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure what the fuss about Sarah Palin's daughter getting pregnant.

Sure, this is a negative publicity to the republican and I am not really supportive of this party. The fact is that this kind of pregnancy is not uncommon in the USA. What Palin is facing happens to many families in the US and the fact that it happens to her family tells that she faces the problem fellow American faces.

If she is to be elected in, her policies will in fact be more sound to the people, and isn't this what's most important?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Bristol (Palin's daughter) allows between her legs is her own business. I note the almost divine (if there is such a thing) irony of Bristol's state in her mother's campaign of course but little more.

The thing that really bothers me about Palin and the Republicans is their cavalier stand on guns. Their failure to see the link between guns in private hands and the many tragic shootouts around the country makes many 'conservative' US cities and towns very dangerous.

Sure, 'people, not guns kill' but any idiot can see that people with guns make far more efficient killers than those without. But then again, Palin and her ilk are not just any idiot: they are a special kind of idiot.

if u have a kid, studying in american high school, would u want him/ her to go to school with or without gun? for me, i would rather my son or daughter to bring a gun to his/ her school, just in case there is crazy people in school doing a massacre, he/ she could protect himself.