• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Preggy SPG Fired by Sinkie Employer using Covid19 Excuse Despite 10 Years Tenure

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
ONE WOMAN QUESTIONS CIRCUMSTANCES OF HER RECENT FIRING

One woman who was laid off earlier this year started questioning the circumstances of her firing after it happened, and even now is unsure about her employment rights.

The 34-year-old woman, who gave her name only as Ms Alice, told CNA that she had worked at an events company for more than a decade before being told of her termination.

The company had already been struggling and had let go a few employees late last year, but the local impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has made things much worse. However, while Ms Alice was also shown the door, her ex-colleagues kept their job - albeit on reduced wages - leading her to question the circumstances of her departure.

Ms Alice, then a full-time project manager, said she was not given alternatives of taking pay cuts or no-pay-leave.

READ: Singapore ready to do more if COVID-19 outbreak worsens: DPM Heng
The pregnant woman said she was told that the reason for her termination was that "business was bad" because of COVID-19, and was told "up to you" when asked when her last day would be.

Asked if she felt her former company violated any laws, Ms Alice said: "I think it's very hard to say with all this virus going on. Maybe they are not aware?"

She said she felt that it was unfair when she went home and thought about it.

"When I was let go, I agreed to everything because ... it's on the spot. When I went home, I was thinking - What should the company be doing for me instead, because I am pregnant, so can they even terminate me at this point of time?"

At the time of her dismissal, her husband had been jobless, and only just received a job offer recently.

"I'm still looking for a job," said Ms Alice, who has two sons. "Hopefully I get something."

She said she does not wish to take action against her company as she had worked there for many years, but lawyers say she might have a case for wrongful dismissal.

Invictus Law director Darren Tan said the description of Ms Alice's termination is a violation of employment laws, but added that it also depends on the company's reason for her termination.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
ONE WOMAN QUESTIONS CIRCUMSTANCES OF HER RECENT FIRING

One woman who was laid off earlier this year started questioning the circumstances of her firing after it happened, and even now is unsure about her employment rights.

The 34-year-old woman, who gave her name only as Ms Alice, told CNA that she had worked at an events company for more than a decade before being told of her termination.

The company had already been struggling and had let go a few employees late last year, but the local impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has made things much worse. However, while Ms Alice was also shown the door, her ex-colleagues kept their job - albeit on reduced wages - leading her to question the circumstances of her departure.

Ms Alice, then a full-time project manager, said she was not given alternatives of taking pay cuts or no-pay-leave.

READ: Singapore ready to do more if COVID-19 outbreak worsens: DPM Heng
The pregnant woman said she was told that the reason for her termination was that "business was bad" because of COVID-19, and was told "up to you" when asked when her last day would be.

Asked if she felt her former company violated any laws, Ms Alice said: "I think it's very hard to say with all this virus going on. Maybe they are not aware?"

She said she felt that it was unfair when she went home and thought about it.

"When I was let go, I agreed to everything because ... it's on the spot. When I went home, I was thinking - What should the company be doing for me instead, because I am pregnant, so can they even terminate me at this point of time?"

At the time of her dismissal, her husband had been jobless, and only just received a job offer recently.

"I'm still looking for a job," said Ms Alice, who has two sons. "Hopefully I get something."

She said she does not wish to take action against her company as she had worked there for many years, but lawyers say she might have a case for wrongful dismissal.

Invictus Law director Darren Tan said the description of Ms Alice's termination is a violation of employment laws, but added that it also depends on the company's reason for her termination.
My sister also kena when she was pregnant

The US bank says her role was deemed redundant before she was pregnant.

She fought. Go to MOM tribunal. The judge however treat her like dirt and side with USA bank.

Meanwhile the sinkies at this forum all say want to get pregnant deserve to be fired.

Fuck Singapore lah! Fucking chow Chee bye.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN usually in a typical employment contract both parties are allowed to terminate each others contract without stating leeson with advance notice in writings KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meanwhile the sinkies at this forum all say want to get pregnant deserve to be fired.
KNN this type have to see case to case basis lo KNN some are all well planned kind KNN eg they already know pregnant but chose to cover up during job interview while some fts worse kind apply s pass come here to get pregnant and pre pregnancy period already mia from work with mcs and post pregnancy continued with mcs and worse of worse after leaching 1 cycle of maternity leaves and some unpaid leaves continue for 2nd cycle of pregnancy KNN and the final straw come after finishing the 2nd cycle throw letter of leesignation KNN imagine they can get paid for years by just working a few days in the company :eek: KNN not exaggerating lo my uncle witnessed it KNN

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The company can just pay her a few months of advance salary and CPF contribution in lieu and ask her to fuck off.
So easy ...
But anyway, she must have been a lousy worker and she keep harping about her rights and most importantly, she hogs too much resources which the company felt she does not deserve it, according to her work performance and state of finance the company is in.

Stingy company always have problem with Human resources.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Preggies are a liability. Even when they get back to work, they will spend much of their time squeezing their breast milk into bottles. :roflmao:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Women should choose whether they want to be mothers or productive members of society. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The two roles are mutually exclusive.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a cuntry with the full blessing of the PAP put foreigners first over citizens. The first sign of a downturn Sinkies are the first to go and foreigners laugh all the way to the bank with money from citizens. We can only hope the virus spreads far and deep and totally destroys such companies.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Women should choose whether they want to be mothers or productive members of society. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The two roles are mutually exclusive.
Unless the father of the kid is the boss. In such cases, the pregger can choose to work on, do anything she wants in fact.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Unless the father of the kid is the boss. In such cases, the pregger can choose to work on, do anything she wants in fact.
If I own a company and I make one of my staff pregnant it goes without saying I'd take good care of her. After all she allowed me to creampie her. Surely she deserves to be rewarded in return.

horny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sone companies b4 this virus also say business bad .they just use the virus as excuse to sack and cut cost

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sone companies b4 this virus also say business bad .they just use the virus as excuse to sack and cut cost

As an employer I can assure you that no boss is going to fire someone that is an asset to the company.

The ones we fire when things turn bad are the ones we hired by mistake and they turned out to be duds. It goes without saying that they get despatched at the slightest excuse.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If I own a company and I make one of my staff pregnant it goes without saying I'd take good care of her. After all she allowed me to creampie her. Surely she deserves to be rewarded in return.
Hey, I am with you! Totally agree.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprising since events companies are eating grass as they have no business in holding events due to Covid-19 social distancing measures.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

She fought. Go to MOM tribunal. The judge however treat her like dirt and side with USA bank.

I have seen employees getting the sacked the moment they told the boss they were pregnant. And it was a woman boss. Reason given later by the boss. Pregnant employees are liabilities in terms of attenfance and medical.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

And who did your stupid sister voted for?