• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRCs - largest immigration group in Australia

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the Oz immigration statistics, China now formed the largest emigration group to Australia (average 15,000 per year) , far ahead Poms and kiwis. Singaporeans is around 1000+ average per year. Indians also pretty big around 11,000-12,000 a year.

I think in long term this is not heathly, because :-

1) PRCs like to stick to his own kind

2) PRCs majority are not comfortable with the use of English Language.

3) The weath they bring in raised the cost of living , already rising property prices are observed across the country.

4) Majority of Sporean migrants are chinese, they could be mistaken as PRCs thus eliminating their chances of getting interviews or jobs especially in the commerical sector.

5) PRCs bring bad habits to the country, they talk loudly in Mandarin or their own languages in public places(especially train), lack of basic manners, and dealt with them for business, property, or services must be extra careful.

6) They could potentially create bad reputation for Asian migrants, westerners labelled all chinese = PRCs and they all act and behave the same.

I think its time the Rudd gov do something about it. I really don't want to see this country end up like Spore flooded with chinese speaking nationals

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the Oz immigration statistics, China now formed the largest emigration group to Australia (average 15,000 per year) , far ahead Poms and kiwis. Singaporeans is around 1000+ average per year. Indians also pretty big around 11,000-12,000 a year.

I think in long term this is not heathly, because :-

1) PRCs like to stick to his own kind

2) PRCs majority are not comfortable with the use of English Language.

3) The weath they bring in raised the cost of living , already rising property prices are observed across the country.

4) Majority of Sporean migrants are chinese, they could be mistaken as PRCs thus eliminating their chances of getting interviews or jobs especially in the commerical sector.

5) PRCs bring bad habits to the country, they talk loudly in Mandarin or their own languages in public places(especially train), lack of basic manners, and dealt with them for business, property, or services must be extra careful.

6) They could potentially create bad reputation for Asian migrants, westerners labelled all chinese = PRCs and they all act and behave the same.

I think its time the Rudd gov do something about it. I really don't want to see this country end up like Spore flooded with chinese speaking nationals

prc in aust are slightly better grade than the ones in sg which are mostly from smaller cities or countries

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

These Chinese I have witnessed are not the sort you have experienced in SG. They have clean habits & they are loaded with $$$, they buy over busineses and properties..

I have an ex-neighbour who bought a hse in Camberwell for 1.6mil cash!! retired at 43.. they own a cafe in mel .. another chinese mummy bought a vacant land for 2.8mil.. planning to put a new hse, with indoor pool and a tennis court for another 2.5mil.. her hubby owns a 5 star hotel in China as a sideline.. their main business is in stocks.. their kid juz transferred to Scotch College.. These ppl i know speak little English, but their children have bright future..

Soon.. ya see Chinese businesses everywhere in Australia.. their value-for-money approach will spread very quickly.. I have Chinese trades ppl working for my hse now.. the carpet installer not only install, he do steam clean for 1/2 fraction of what the Aussie will charge. It is going to be a whole new world ! Learn to embrace.. not avoid..

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was here during the Pauline Hanson years. There was much fear mongering back then. "Asians" were targeted as not being Aussie enough, and the points you raised are exactly what One Nation talks about. Its been like 12 years since then. There are now more Chinese PRCs you see now compared to before. Go to certain suburbs and you would feel like you are in china. I remember seeing a documentary on interviews of Australian about racism in Australia. One second generation "asian" aussie said " The longer we stayed in this country, the more assimilate we become, the more aussie we are." May seem that way for the newly migrants to behave that way, but its only human nature to crave to be around familiar surroundings and culture. Their kids will grow up to be Aussie, so don't worry too much about it . Already you can see asian kids with aussie slangs on the streets. Just a matter of time mate.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
prc in aust are slightly better grade than the ones in sg which are mostly from smaller cities or countries

well too many of them, its hard to distinct the good from the bad. Any idea how many PRCs enter Sg every year?

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Chinese I have witnessed are not the sort you have experienced in SG. They have clean habits & they are loaded with $$$, they buy over busineses and properties..

I have an ex-neighbour who bought a hse in Camberwell for 1.6mil cash!! retired at 43.. they own a cafe in mel .. another chinese mummy bought a vacant land for 2.8mil.. planning to put a new hse, with indoor pool and a tennis court for another 2.5mil.. her hubby owns a 5 star hotel in China as a sideline.. their main business is in stocks.. their kid juz transferred to Scotch College.. These ppl i know speak little English, but their children have bright future..

Soon.. ya see Chinese businesses everywhere in Australia.. their value-for-money approach will spread very quickly.. I have Chinese trades ppl working for my hse now.. the carpet installer not only install, he do steam clean for 1/2 fraction of what the Aussie will charge. It is going to be a whole new world ! Learn to embrace.. not avoid..

This is exactly my point, they bring in huge wealth but also raising the cost of living. I know Oz can't do without china, but still I think the immigration numbers should cut down.

My point is, I don't want to be mistaken as 'one' of them.haha..

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was here during the Pauline Hanson years. There was much fear mongering back then. "Asians" were targeted as not being Aussie enough, and the points you raised are exactly what One Nation talks about. Its been like 12 years since then. There are now more Chinese PRCs you see now compared to before. Go to certain suburbs and you would feel like you are in china. I remember seeing a documentary on interviews of Australian about racism in Australia. One second generation "asian" aussie said " The longer we stayed in this country, the more assimilate we become, the more aussie we are." May seem that way for the newly migrants to behave that way, but its only human nature to crave to be around familiar surroundings and culture. Their kids will grow up to be Aussie, so don't worry too much about it . Already you can see asian kids with aussie slangs on the streets. Just a matter of time mate.

Mate, I think its good to bring in chinese culture here thus you can see plenty of chinese crusine now in every suburbs. However, not many will be able to blend in to the local culture.

Seriously I will avoid buying or living in those suburbs dominate by them,maybe for investment only. I used to live in Ashfield which is a Shanghaniese suburb; they throw rubbish all around, shopping trolleys leave it on the streets, jam up the facilities, talk loudly in the middle of the nite.

Yes their kids will blend in the culture better and more westernised. However, seriously I don't want to see this country have too many of them, defeats why we are in the first place. I rather see more koreans, japanese, tawinese here..hehe..

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is exactly my point, they bring in huge wealth but also raising the cost of living. I know Oz can't do without china, but still I think the immigration numbers should cut down.

You speaky singlish more loh, don't slang slang like them. When I go off shopping, usually the shop assistant could tell I'm either from Singapore or Malaysia. PRC is seldom mentioned. I think Sydney is multicultural enough that even the ang mohs have a good understanding that Singaporean and PRCs are different. They are alright lah, even the PRC mei mei staying with me cooks for me when I come back from work.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I will avoid buying or living in those suburbs dominate by them,maybe for investment only. I used to live in Ashfield which is a Shanghaniese suburb; they throw rubbish all around, shopping trolleys leave it on the streets, jam up the facilities, talk loudly in the middle of the nite.

Yes I would do the same as well, not just the PRCs area, Hurstville, Ashfield, Eastwood, Korean area like Chatswoods, Strathfields, are expensive as hell as well. My car dealer is a Korean, and he recently complain to me how expensive it is for him to pay for his 2 bedroom unit in Strathfield. I asked him why he has to stay in Strathfield, he said its a "once in a lifetime thing, no matter what he has to stay in a korean place". So its not just the PRCs that have this sort of mentality. These new migrants seeks the comfort of being around their "own kind". In a way, its part of their assimilation process. However, they revert back to their bad habits once they are comfortable with their surroundings. There are still plenty of other migrants around, so don't worry about the PRCs, you forgot about the Greeks, italian, lebanese, pakis, middle easterns, (they seem to hang out a lot in bi-centenial parks) eastern europeans, Masadonians, south africans. PRCs won't be the dominant group even though it seems like they are the largest migrants now. :wink:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is OK. To the angmo, I am Chinese. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Then the angmos bring PRC people to eat chinese food - actually spicy hot Indonesian food - at a restaurant I recommended, Tasik.

That is the biggest joke.

One thing I must point out is that there are a number of rich Indonesians here. You will recognise them by their suburb, Winthrop. When you see more than 1 wheelie bins park outside the house, it is usually the Indonesians. The more wheelie bins they display, the more wealthy they are. Wheelie bins are the symbol of wealth, because you can afford to throw away things.

The cars they drive must have all the accessories. Even the Porche SUVs are so loaded with accessories that I wonder if it is still driveable. :biggrin:

That is why these people are so attractive to the burglars.

But when it comes to food, they will need to have a plate of chilli sauce where they dip everything in it.

Having too many of them around spoil the market and lower the IQ of the population.

BTW, the ones over at Applecross usually install elavator lifts in their mansions ... :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With so many of them around, there should be a lot of robbery and burglary.

No wonder Immigration up the IELTS.

Soon, it is not just a PM who speak the Chinese, but a Chinese PM running Australia. hahaha

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh out of curiosity what sort of accessories are you talking about? I thought the standard ones comes with pretty much all you need in a Porche? Over here the Indonesian suburbs are actually near the uni, Kingsford, you see a lot of Indon restaurant along Anzac parade, ayam goreng, nasi goreng, not bad I must say. Slightly different from what you get back home though.

Some PRC chinese can take hot food, especially the ones from Szechuan, Hunan, Chongqing etc.

As for having too many of them around, I think there is always the danger that it would bring about "social" unrest, but don't forget, Aussie migration policy is not like SGs, we do not take any Chan, Hu or Lees in. IELTs is definitely one way of filtering the quality of migrants we are getting. Though it might seem easy for us, to the PRCs its still a considerable huddle. Many actually have to take IELTs remedial classes here for 6months before they are allowed in the uni here. I also think they need to score a certain points, 7.5 or 8.5 , when they applied for PRs after they graduate.

It is OK. To the angmo, I am Chinese. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Then the angmos bring PRC people to eat chinese food - actually spicy hot Indonesian food - at a restaurant I recommended, Tasik.

That is the biggest joke.

One thing I must point out is that there are a number of rich Indonesians here. You will recognise them by their suburb, Winthrop. When you see more than 1 wheelie bins park outside the house, it is usually the Indonesians. The more wheelie bins they display, the more wealthy they are. Wheelie bins are the symbol of wealth, because you can afford to throw away things.

The cars they drive must have all the accessories. Even the Porche SUVs are so loaded with accessories that I wonder if it is still driveable. :biggrin:

That is why these people are so attractive to the burglars.

But when it comes to food, they will need to have a plate of chilli sauce where they dip everything in it.

Having too many of them around spoil the market and lower the IQ of the population.

BTW, the ones over at Applecross usually install elavator lifts in their mansions ... :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously you can stand out by... (1) dressing smartly.. or (2) speaking fluently.. (3) wearing a AFL Jersey :smile: or driving a Holden :p

Whatever you do.. you cant get rid of having a black hair and a yellow skin.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously you can stand out by... (1) dressing smartly.. or (2) speaking fluently.. (3) wearing a AFL Jersey :smile: or driving a Holden :p

Hey good point mate, Rolex watch, with vest and a fedora hat goes a long way. Some PRC mei mei thought I'm a "designer". whahahahaha

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun be too happy..... the PRCs in singkieland are crossing over to Oz :p

They are here temporary only and is using this little red dot as a stepping stone to setlle in OZ. :biggrin:

Ozzies gonna be screwed by these Ah Tiongs in time to come :biggrin: :p :biggrin:

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiya, who said i wanna get rid of my race, just don't want to associate with them.

Why would driving a holden make us less 'chinese'? I'm not a big fan of Holden, I prefer German cars. :-)

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun be too happy..... the PRCs in singkieland are crossing over to Oz :p

They are here temporary only and is using this little red dot as a stepping stone to setlle in OZ. :biggrin:

Ozzies gonna be screwed by these Ah Tiongs in time to come :biggrin: :p :biggrin:

Yes I come across some crossover from Sg, but still a small group (average 1000+ immigrants from sg per year so could be a small a percentage of them are PRCs) , the rest still come from china directly.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese buyers underpin housing prices
Turi Condon and Bridget Carter From: The Australian March 27, 2010 12:00AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
ASIAN buyers are putting a fire under the country's housing markets, with capital-city sales -- particularly to Chinese buyers -- doubling in the past 12 months, according to a real estate group.

Chinese government restrictions phased in from last year to dampen domestic real estate speculation had sent a wall of capital offshore, said Brian White, chairman of Ray White.

At the top end of the Sydney market, a Chinese buyer was one of three parties vying for a $30 million home, Mr White said. The others are an American and an Australian.

Local Asian buyers had had a huge impact on the first-home buyer market last year, but that had flowed though into the upgrade and prestige markets, Mr White said.

"It is a new market force and one which we had underestimated the strength of," he said.

Sydney prestige homes, particularly over $4m, had increased in price by 10 per cent, with offshore buyers helping to fuel the growth.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage
Aussie property becomes Chinese takeaway The Australian, 23 Feb 2010
Canny buyers see profits from doom The Australian, 21 Dec 2009
Multiplex offloads sites Perth Now, 10 Sep 2009
Protest on heritage site plan The Australian, 9 Sep 2009
Property market surges back Courier Mail, 4 Sep 2009
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
As well as Sydney, much of the Asian buying activity was in Melbourne, Mr White said.

The growing trend of mostly Asian parents buying apartments, many worth more than $2m, for their children to live in while studying here was also fuelling capital-city residential markets.

Ewan Morton, managing director of Sydney-based Morton and Morton, said 16 per cent of the real estate agency's sales last year were to Chinese buyers, with $21m in property changing hands. This compared with 5 per cent in 2008.

The trend had continued this year and buyers were interested in listings between $6m and $8m.

"I don't see it abating," he said."The mainland Chinese are looking for purpose-built new apartments with water views . . . their kids are here studying."

Colliers International's NSW director of project marketing, Murray Wood, said that at the Stamford Residences, a 30-level tower at The Rocks in Sydney, one buyer recently bought an apartment for $2m for their child to live in while studying here. About six of 122 apartments had sold to mainland China.

Agents say the student market has also boomed in Melbourne.

Colliers International's managing director of project marketing for Victoria, Tim Storey, said about half of the 100,000 people living in central Melbourne were overseas students.

Global real estate adviser DTZ's Queensland project marketing director, Paul Barratt, said while less than 1 per cent of Queensland's residential property was sold to foreign buyers, changes in late 2008 by the Foreign Investment Review Board allowing 100 per cent of a new residential project to be sold to offshore buyers, meant this could change.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh out of curiosity what sort of accessories are you talking about? I thought the standard ones comes with pretty much all you need in a Porche?

Some third party accessories that makes the cars very "loud" and unnecessary.

Just now, I just saw a Honda Civics Sports Hatch that mod with undercarriage lights, and overdone with silly looking alloys and stickers.

Why can't they stick to Mugen (below)
mugen-honda-civic-type-r-3d-1-big.jpg

Perhaps, they learn from their poorer cousins below ???? :smile:

Heavy_loaded_Pakistan_truck.jpeg

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese buyers underpin housing prices .

I would never avoid them.. I would make use of their existence and catch a free ride :smile: I am living within the circle... not becoz I like them ~ but mainly due to the good infrastructures and good schools in the neighbourhood.
----------------------------------------------------------
Foreign buyers inflating market
MARIKA DOBBIN
March 27, 2010

RESERVE Bank governor Glenn Stevens says foreign buyers are a factor in rising house prices.

Mr Stevens said the bank was monitoring how much the federal government's decision last March to relax its rules on foreigners owning property had contributed to surging prices for housing.

He said the role of foreign purchases was ''an important one and it's one we're giving some attention to''.

The bank has raised official interest rates four times in five meetings, with rising house prices helping to tip its hand at its meeting this month.

The Age has reported on a trend of overseas investors buying Melbourne real estate to safeguard wealth and advance hopes of migration.

Treasurer Wayne Swan eased restrictions for those on temporary visas, such as business owners and foreign students, to allow them to buy any home to live in, land to build on or new dwelling for investment purposes.

Agency Marshall White says buyers from mainland China and Hong Kong kick-started Melbourne's prestige property market last year and still account for a third of its sales.

Mandarin-speaking sales executive Michael Liu, who was hired by the agency to deal with overseas buyers, said a few streets in the eastern suburbs of Kew and Balwyn were now 80 per cent Chinese-owned.

''They want to send their children to the best schools and think property here is cheap compared to the big cities in China, where you don't get freehold ownership over land, just a 99-year lease.''