• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC wife forces Singaporean husband to sleep on floor

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/10/14/prc-wife-forces-singaporean-husband-to-sleep-on-floor/

PRC wife forces Singaporean husband to sleep on floor
October 14th, 2010 | Author: Your Correspondent

20101013_km_lcn_china_bride1_img_main-248x300.jpg

A PRC woman married a Singaporean man but refused to consummate the marriage. Furthermore, she took over the double bed for herself and forced her husband to sleep on the floor.

Seven years ago, a friend showed Mr Liang (hanyu pinyin, 43 years old) a photo of a PRC woman and asked if he would like to get to know her.

Mr Liang said, “The woman in the photo looked pleasant. As I was also of marriageable age at the time, I agreed. Subsequently, the PRC woman specially flew in from Shenyang, China to meet me. We cohabited for a week before deciding to get married.”

“After the marriage, she had to fly back and forth between China and Singapore. One year later, she got her Long Term Visit Pass and became formally resident in Singapore.”

But after the marriage, she slowly began to reveal her true colours: she refused to consummate the marriage, and did not get along well with his family members.

“When she saw the double bed prepared for us by my father, she got furious and refused to sleep in the same bed with me. As a result, I had to sleep on the floor and give up the bed to her.”

After the marriage, his PRC wife also refused to consummate it, saying that she was infertile.

“I let her have her way as she seems so persistent. Anyway, I work 12 hours everyday and don’t spend much time at home,” said Mr Liang.

Note: Mr Liang’s wife obtained her Singapore citizenship in 2009.

Observant Singaporean

* Translated from Shin Min Daily News

Latest Updates: It was later learnt that when it was time for the application of Singapore Citizenship, she agreed to consummate it.

Original Print Below

中国妻娶入门后,竟然不肯行房,她自己霸占双人大床睡,命令老公睡地板。

梁先生(43岁)告诉记者,在7年前,朋友给他看照片,问他是否愿意与一名中国籍女子交往。

“我看照片中的女子蛮顺眼的,况且自己也到适婚年龄,所以答应和她交往。后来,照片中的女子便特地从中国沈阳飞来新加坡找梁先生,两人同居了1个星期后便决定结婚。

“婚后,她开始往返中国,1年后,她拿到长期居留证,正式在新居留。”

可是,梁先生说,婚后,她慢慢露出真面目、拒绝行房,也和他的家人相处得不愉快。

“当她看见父亲为我们准备的双人床,就大发雷霆,说她不愿意和我同床。结果,我只好睡地上,把床位让给她。”

梁先生说,结婚后,中国妻也以不能生育为理由,拒绝和他发生关系。

“我看她这么坚持,也没有勉强她。而且,我每天工作12小时,在家的时间也不多。”

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can divorce this PRC anytime. He got good enough reasons to do so and does not even need to pay her a single cent of alimony.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He can divorce this PRC anytime. He got good enough reasons to do so and does not even need to pay her a single cent of alimony.

Since the marriage hasn't been consumated, I think he can seek an annulment.

I don't think the wife would contest it since she got what she wanted, a Spore PR.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since the marriage hasn't been consumated, I think he can seek an annulment.

I don't think the wife would contest it since she got what she wanted, a Spore PR.

It's not that simple, the wife got her citizenship. Remember the women's charter is lopsided. If he just file for divorce he'll loose part of his assets if there's any as well as pay alimony.

Unless he sue for divorce, the case might be different. He can challenge the assets and alimony part and if he wins then god bless.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hire a prc private detective to see what is she up to in china.

i am sure it will be very interesting.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
hire a prc private detective to see what is she up to in china.

i am sure it will be very interesting.

As it will turn out, the prc detective and the women will have an affair and hatch a plot to get even more money from the naive sinkie.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not that simple, the wife got her citizenship. Remember the women's charter is lopsided. If he just file for divorce he'll loose part of his assets if there's any as well as pay alimony.

Unless he sue for divorce, the case might be different. He can challenge the assets and alimony part and if he wins then god bless.

I'm not a lawyer but I think the husband should go for an annulment of the marriage & not a divorce.

If the husbands files for a divorce , the wife can use the womens charter to get alimony & her husbands property.

However If the husband goes for an annulment of the marriage, then the marriage is considered never to have taken place. The husband has a strong case as the wife never consumated the marriage which is a breach of the marriage contract.

However according to the article the wife only agreed to consumate the marriage when it cane to the citizenship. The husband should have refused & gotten a lawyer to annul the marriage. It's not clear whether the husband took up the offer:confused:

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor man, but the PRC girl is young, one would imagine the girl want a younger man than a 43 year old.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a lawyer but I think the husband should go for an annulment of the marriage & not a divorce.

If the husbands files for a divorce , the wife can use the womens charter to get alimony & her husbands property.

However If the husband goes for an annulment of the marriage, then the marriage is considered never to have taken place. The husband has a strong case as the wife never consumated the marriage which is a breach of the marriage contract.

However according to the article the wife only agreed to consumate the marriage when it cane to the citizenship. The husband should have refused & gotten a lawyer to annul the marriage. It's not clear whether the husband took up the offer:confused:

I am no lawyer too but reading thru the whole article, it seems to me the husband is either silly or not being honest.

The wife filed for a deed of separation and they separated for a year, yet the husband signed her application for citizenship.

As the court had already approve their divorce, it doesnt make sense to even think about going for an annulment.

The husband should consult a lawyer on any possibility of challenging and made good not having to pay the matrimonial fees. If it's indeed true the wife refused to consummate the marriage.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Young pretty PRC wife would be happiest to divorce S'pore husband. She can then marry her PRC work permit boyfriend in Singapore. Then both can become Singapore citizens.

Alternatively, she could get a S'porean husband who is richer and doesn't have to work 12 hours a day. Nevermind if the man is older - got money is good enough. Since PRC women do not worship Mao Tze Tung anymore, money is religion.

The Singapore law must permit the citizenship to be revoked in such cases - make her stateless.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cohabited a week and never do. What is the point of cohabition?

Cohabitate means living together as husband and wife, living together in an intimate relationship. It's just that there's legal or religious sanction, it doesnt mean they did not have sex.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
This sinkie man may be impotent for all you may know

Fucking loser.. If he is so good, why need to get a PRC wife he never met before?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This sinkie man may be impotent for all you may know

Fucking loser.. If he is so good, why need to get a PRC wife he never met before?

Such marital problems are very complicated, it's words against words. It's difficult for outsiders to pass judgement.