• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PR Bitch: '' We're OK with new P1 rules but interaction will suffer ''

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never understood why there must be "interaction or integration" between locals and foreigners, as the government keeps saying.
Why should we? What's the incentive for us?

The reason is very simple. Foreigners tend to be more competitive compared to Singaporeans. By interacting with foreigners, we can become stronger and also broader in our views and exposure.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Voting rights? Do u think they care? They are more concerned about buying our flats, jacking up prices and then selling off before they move back to their native countries.

Otherwise, why don't convert to become citizens?

So this only shows they are human - not really interested in the politics, just want to ensure one's own security. What is wrong with that?

If Singaporeans feel cheated in society, did anyone give a thought to how Johoreans feelings were affected with scores of Singaporeans buying up property in Johore?

I don't blame them for not interested in voting rights in Singapore? They are quite happy here with the law and order.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should interact more with her ass because we Singaporeans are not interested to interact with foreigners.

You may not be interested, but many Singaporeans won't survive without access to foreign markets (can't do only with Peesai's small populatoin). Singapore needs interatiion with the rest of the world. Sg grew and prospered as a global city.

Cheers!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You may not be interested, but many Singaporeans won't survive without access to foreign markets (can't do only with Peesai's small populatoin). Singapore needs interatiion with the rest of the world. Sg grew and prospered as a global city.

Cheers!

I beg to differ. When we are interested to interact with foreigners, we will go to their country. When they come to our country, they should make the effort to interact with us. And its up to us to decide if we are interested. And when we are not, they should just accept it and don't bitch about it.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PR understands need to change P1 rules, but feels interaction will suffer

Source : http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/OnlineStory/STIStory_782369.html

MY FIRST reaction upon reading Monday's front-page report ('Singaporeans first in new P1 registration rule') was was 'not again... the value of permanent residency seems to be depreciating like the shelf life of a car'.

But after ruminating on the article, I realised that perhaps it was time for me to put in more effort to educate my son, rather than rely on a popular or branded school to do it.

As permanent residents (PRs), my husband and I are well aware of the reason for the new rule. Singaporeans are lucky to have a government that act in their best interests.

My advice to fellow PRs is not to be disappointed, but to adapt to such changes and to prepare better for their children's future.

There is one drawback to consider. My early education, from kindergarten to secondary school, was in Singapore. It was a rewarding experience to have Singaporeans and PRs studying together in harmony, without prejudices

Our different national backgrounds helped widen mindsets and attitudes, and allowed for a more cosmopolitan outlook.

Such an experience may not be available to Singaporeans in future because of the new rule, which will whittle down the number of PRs in choice schools.

Phyllis Tan (Ms)

hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. my question to the whore: are you still some pr or sheep now?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fucking bastard chow chee bye PAP government should amend the PR validity to no more than 10 years. Upon its 10th year of PR, the fucker must decide whether to convert to Sinkie or go back to his fucking hometown. 10 years is more than sufficient for the fucker to integrate into the local society and community.

Anyway, our fucking bastard chow chee bye PAP government pretends not to see all these as they are afraid to offend all these foreign trashes. Period. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

I think this is off point. I am referring to the thread title, not interaction with all foreigners. PR's as far as I am concern should not make such threats as though we care so much about it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

A nation's access to foreign markets is mutually exclusive from a personal preference (or aversion) to hanging out with people of a certain race/nationality.

By your 'for the greater good' utilitarian logic, you won't want to hang out with a great foreigner guy from a third world shithole with no resources. Why? 'His country has no markets to let you/your country access'.

Typical Sinkie 'money is everything' superficial mentality.

It's just like the motivation for learning languages. When China was still a hardcore communist country, the Chinese language was despised, viewed with suspicion and generally not given enough love. After China became an economic powerhouse everyone wants to learn Chinese to 'access the Chinese markets'.

Life ain't just about money.

muderfarker

Alfrescian
Loyal
fucking syphillis cb should go back to where she came from.,.. still expect out government money to take care of her children fucking bitch

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians can also buy LAND or landed property for cheap in Malaysia.

If she's a Malaysian, it makes sense why she wouldn't want to downgrade from a blue card to a pink card.

I would have done the same in her shoes.

Singaporeans can also buy cheap land in MY... no difference:biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Farking PRs think that Singapore owes them everything! Convert to singapore citizen lah! talk is cheap!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ. When we are interested to interact with foreigners, we will go to their country. When they come to our country, they should make the effort to interact with us. And its up to us to decide if we are interested. And when we are not, they should just accept it and don't bitch about it.

People need only interact with those whom they think will benefit them. Go to the Tanglin Club, I see lots of foreigners there rubbing shoulders with the well-heeled Singaporeans. These foreigners need not interact with the general public, it is not worth their while. Same thing with Singaporeans who wish to establish commercial ties with foreign countries, they can pick up contact numbers and addresses from that country's emabssies, contact them before they leave. Other than that, interaction goes on to personal interests (such as sports, arts) and you will find these people in their respective associations.

When there is nothing in common to pursue with the public, why go there? I wouldn't.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is off point. I am referring to the thread title, not interaction with all foreigners. PR's as far as I am concern should not make such threats as though we care so much about it.

I wouldn't call that a threat. Just a reaction to a new policy, which I think is inaccurate either. The kid will still be interacting no matter which school he or she attends.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A nation's access to foreign markets is mutually exclusive from a personal preference (or aversion) to hanging out with people of a certain race/nationality.

By your 'for the greater good' utilitarian logic, you won't want to hang out with a great foreigner guy from a third world shithole with no resources. Why? 'His country has no markets to let you/your country access'.

Typical Sinkie 'money is everything' superficial mentality.

It's just like the motivation for learning languages. When China was still a hardcore communist country, the Chinese language was despised, viewed with suspicion and generally not given enough love. After China became an economic powerhouse everyone wants to learn Chinese to 'access the Chinese markets'.

Life ain't just about money.

Bud, you got me totally wrong. I am the last person to be that greatly concerned about money. However, having said that, I am not implying that money is unimportant. We all need money to survive, and to provide for family. Unless one is born with enough money to live on interest, we are working class.

I hang out mostly with pot-smokers, when I am not working. Also, I am not a Singaporean. I only work here.

Cheers!

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask the government why the fuck is Ms Phylis still a PR?

Good question. I asked the fucking MOM 6 years ago the same question why a PR can be a permanent PR. They gave me all the scrap about the policy allowing them to doso.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
The press is merely playing up the issue to seemly give an impression that locals are being given priority which in actual case, is not. When you see the press putting bold headlines, with a strongly worded structure, you can be sure that you will need to read and analyze what is actually is being said. People who likes puzzles and riddles should subscribe to the press, it is a very invigorating read indeed.