• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post Result Assessment - GE 2011

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shd think tt reason for LHL's increase was due to a weaker RP team this time cf. with previous WP which had Yaw, so a bit hard to compare as apples and oranges.

What abt pple like Tan JS, Michelle Lee and AYG? I see tt you didnt name them?

• PM's margin increases against trend and only PAP's constituency to see a margin increase and ironically courtesy of JBJ' son. Looks like the voters are not into bicycle thieves yet.
  • People to watch out for at next GE - Vincent Wijeyasinghe, Nicole Seah, Tony Tan and JJ Yee

insomia23

Alfrescian
Loyal
DID the MIW show integrity? they never even know what is this word??? LSS can go to other place knowing aljunied will be lost. so the PAP forsake GY then now KPKB say voters in aljunied gave up on him.

to be honest lah, GY you did not even do properly as a MP in aljunied. keep performing your flying minister job for what?? you like to fly then go become a flying pilot loh.

MAjullah WP

sad thing CST lost everything but looking at the bright side. this is the best chance for CST to step down and his wife will need time to build experiences so next GE lina chiam and your group do a better performances. jia you

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most disappointing to me are:

1. Entry of TPL and FMH into parliament
2. Mah, WKS, yacob and LSS escaped the knife and can stay smug
3. The Chiams lost it all.
4. VW's team losing margin not close enough to scare VB who remains cocky
5. KJ and his RP fatal debut
6. Loss of Zainal Abidin Rashid who cld have been a good Spkr
7. The Opp didnt get more seats
8. GMS lacklustre performance

Happiest to me;

1. GCT got a dressing down from voters
2. HG was solid despite Yaw's vote for Teo HP record
3. Low's gamble paid off and won big
4. PAP was taught a lesson

Last edited:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If what you say is accurate, Scroobal, then the opposition have the PAP on the defensive now. If a relatively popular Minister like George Yeo can fall defending a GRC, it is an absolute confidence booster for the Opposition now that no Cabinet Minister hiding in a GRC can be considered a safe bet.

So unless LTK screws Aljunied up big time like SDP's former slate of MPs, unpopular Ministers like Shit Say, Mabok, Cunt Sing and any wanna be coat-tail riding Minister-to-be's are now put on Notice.

The citizens have spoken and they will demand their pound of flesh.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

If what you say is accurate, Scroobal, then the opposition have the PAP on the defensive now. If a relatively popular Minister like George Yeo can fall defending a GRC, it is an absolute confidence booster for the Opposition now that no Cabinet Minister hiding in a GRC can be considered a safe bet.

So unless LTK screws Aljunied up big time like SDP's former slate of MPs, unpopular Ministers like Shit Say, Mabok, Cunt Sing and any wanna be coat-tail riding Minister-to-be's are now put on Notice.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

My post election mea culpa.

1. WP centric analysis of swings and ground readings are not national.

2. What is required to take down ministers is not just the Internet but prescence and walking the ground. J Gomez should stay in academia.

3. Persistence, party , personality, policies all have to work hand in hand. Discipline unity is paramount.

4. would love to hear what the precint break down for mp was.

5. Swee Say from holland is now at risk.

6. Whole of east looking bad. For the pap there are such huge chunKs at risk that pap has no Gerry mandering chances left.

Locke

• Worst ever results by PAP
  • Loss of a Key Cabinet Minister - GY
  • Lim Swee Say abandons ship to save his career by switching from Aljunied to East Coast GRC.
  • Lim Swee Sway is now in the new marginal seat of East Coast and the new target for another opposition dream team. Will he swtich again. PAP slimmest margin now of 9%.
  • Lim Hwee Hua might face defamation suit and the loss of her seat might help mitigate in her favour.
  • Reform Party performs badly but KJ press interview shows man is very detached form reality
  • Joo Chiat and Charles Chong in strife
  • SDP's seats for hire candidates clearly outdo SDP own internal candidates. New party expected to be formed.
  • Workers Party do extremely well with every one of their contesting candidates scoring 40% and above.
  • NSP despite its good performance need to make a decision. A ship cannot have 2 masters nor a mountain with 2 tigers. Sebastian drags down Tony Tan and Hazel Poa
  • Potong Pasir expected to see Premium level upgrading with freebies thrown in
  • Kate Spade enters parliament - clear failure of the GRC systems where donkey and asses can ride on the coat tails with voters having little choice
  • Massive 18% swing in margin i Marine Parade. A disgrace for GCT
  • Opposition candidates of the old mould continue to do badly and need to retire.
  • m&d does stick as the VB smear appears to prove. Despite VW being the best opposition candidate with a stellar cast, did not cross the 40% and the winning margin is 20%. The SDP banner might have also played a part. It certainly took its toll on Alec Tok and Teo Soh Lung who did rather badly despite their credentials. Compare JJ Yee, a newbie and an unknown whose performance under WP banner is telling. Some allowance is to be given for Charles Chong's negative perception
  • Looks like Bookies and their followers better stick to horse and soccer
  • Most comical moment - Desmond blames his bad performance to 3 cornered fight in TV interview and as expected he lost his deposit.
  • Yaw does better than Low in Hougang. Maybe voters wanted to build a buffer
  • Credit to Chiam for having a go and delivering a decent set of results despite 2 heavy weights in PAP slate
  • PM's margin increases against trend and only PAP's constituency to see a margin increase and ironically courtesy of JBJ' son. Looks like the voters are not into bicycle thieves yet.
  • Lina Chiam, JJ Yee and Gerald Giam make it to Parliament as NCMPs
  • Suddenly PAP heavyweights promise to listen to "voices" and mathematically challenged Irene Ng says that they have received a strong mandate from Tampines voters despite margin swing of 11% against her team
  • Jeanette Chong Aruldoss does better than expected while Tony Tan, Hazel Poa and Alex Tok did rather badly.
  • People to watch out for at next GE - Vincent Wijeyasinghe, Nicole Seah, Tony Tan and JJ Yee
  • Singapore East most vulnerable compared to West.
  • GRC may be scrapped as it is no longer effective. Its strengh was making it difficult for opposition candidates to form GRC slates. This has clearly been surmounted in this GE. The stakes are too high as loss of GY is indicative.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
GRC may be scrapped as it is no longer effective. Its strengh was making it difficult for opposition candidates to form GRC slates. This has clearly been surmounted in this GE. The stakes are too high as loss of GY is indicative.

hey bro,

an entire election came to pass and no updates from the old man and prata man? that's most disappointing :p:p:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it was indeed that RP saved him. I left the TAN JS, Michelle, AYG on purpose and will create a separate thread on this.
I shd think tt reason for LHL's increase was due to a weaker RP team this time cf. with previous WP which had Yaw, so a bit hard to compare as apples and oranges.

What abt pple like Tan JS, Michelle Lee and AYG? I see tt you didnt name them?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..... the opposition should just decline all 3 NCMP seats...already have six opposition rep. in parliament....

I foresee that MIW will continue to make use of GRC to their advantage. ......without the GRC, the MIW will have lost many seats by now.

Agree with above.The opposition have always said NCMP's do not have a mandate and are not eligible to vote against many bills. They should infact fight to scrap both the NCMP's and GRC's.

Something is very wrong when the opposition won 40% of the votes and only 7% of the seats. If percentage of votes are accurately translated into seats, the opposition should have around 30 seats-enough to block any constitutional amendments.

Many good candidates from opposition (former scholars/senior civil servanrts)lost because they were splintered and the PAP can diivide and rule.
My suggestion is for all opposition parties to unite under the WP umbrella-so resources can be conserved fo fight the common enemy.Opposition parties that cannot even win a single seat in parliament despite 40% of the electorates voting for them have no longer any reason to exist.

I urge all locals to unite under one party to fight -otherwise you will be the next Dodo.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaker of the house need not be a MP. our first speaker of the house was not a MP anyway

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strongly agree on all points bro. Two things came out of breakfast session - WP standard of party discipline does work and gerrymandering is now a poor's man game.

It also raises the interesting point. WP intentionally did not engage or use the social media and did extremely well. There is a lesson to learn or any opportunity to analyse.

James Gomez is a charlatan and a clown. I was shocked he said that. I expect 2 more organisations to set up by him and also do everything but get results. Son like father.

Dear Scroobal

My post election mea culpa.

1. WP centric analysis of swings and ground readings are not national.

2. What is required to take down ministers is not just the Internet but prescence and walking the ground. J Gomez should stay in academia.

3. Persistence, party , personality, policies all have to work hand in hand. Discipline unity is paramount.

4. would love to hear what the precint break down for mp was.

5. Swee Say from holland is now at risk.

6. Whole of east looking bad. For the pap there are such huge chunKs at risk that pap has no Gerry mandering chances left.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zainal with do Chris Pattern and end up as the Presidential Candidate. He is well respected by all races and parties and immensely qualified to lend that air of respectability. I dare say he would be better thought of than the present incumbent.

Speaker of the house need not be a MP. our first speaker of the house was not a MP anyway

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroobal

Locke

If the 5% more votes go to opposition countrywide next time, there will not be enough buffer to contain the votes into actual seats, no matter how you gerrymander.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey bro,

an entire election came to pass and no updates from the old man and prata man? that's most disappointing :p:p:p

Old man was ordered to hold back, I believe, but the fucker's character is such that he will always do something tyrannical as he has no charisma so to speak to charm people. I am waiting for this and how it will backfire.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Kallang all the way to East Coast until you have to jump into the sea, all opposition candidates crossed 40%, including versus Goh Chok Tong and all six seats PAP lost are in the middle of the region.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I can tell you now that game has completely changed. I never expected the sort of results and undertones that I see now. Most of us go away that thinking PAP only lost 1GRC and Hougang was already a given. Not so. WP 40%plus across all seats contested is game changer. A model for a 2 party system is emerging. PAP is now on the defensive. Will raise a separate thread on this.

And you right , the citizens will demand their piece of flesh.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like East Coast Spring. Marine Parade voters could have delivered the crucial blow but they wavered. They must surely get an idea of what they have to do.

From Kallang all the way to East Coast until you have to jump into the sea, all opposition candidates crossed 40%, including versus Goh Chok Tong and all six seats PAP lost are in the middle of the region.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't expect things to change in Spore, the PAP will take a business as usual approach: increase their own pay, import more foreigners, increase prices, etc

However by the next GE(2016) a new generation of younger voters with dead end, low paying jobs, will emerge. Many of the older peoplle who have traditionally supported the PAP voters will be gone.

The Lee-dership is obviously out of touch or simply don't care about the "lesser mortals". If LKY, GCT... are still around they will be a liability & not an asset to the PAP. We have already seen how out of touch with the ground they are:rolleyes:

Looking at the recent GE results, many of the PAP victories were marginal & this is with all the state sponsored propaganda, gerrymandering, dirty tricks that tax payers money can buy:smile:

Not forgetting the new opposition victories. When the opposition can show how much better they can look after the people. Expect more PAP losses in the GE 2016 because I don't expect the PAP to improve because they have too many lazy oppurtunists in the party.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerrymandering has run it course. They have only one option to play with the demographics - using new singaporeans to bolster their weak areas. Tampines must surely benefit from this.

If the 5% more votes go to opposition countrywide next time, there will not be enough buffer to contain the votes into actual seats, no matter how you gerrymander.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, hand cannot move. I tried on the second day - massive mental block. Might have to move mic to a more interesting location like VB's house or TCH's sprawling mansion.
hey bro,