• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POSB Service standard.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
OT abit here; seems Like many oLd FoLks Love to update their passbooks by physicaL means..
perhaps they are too free ?..:cool:

yes my father does that.
he is a hawker.
every day he will queue up at posb auto deposit machine and banked him his hawker income..$50,sometime $70 daily.
when he need to pay supplier,he will draw out everything again.
the cycle repeat.
i asked why dont you set aside the $$ for supplier.he say like that will spend away the spare cash

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their tagline...neighbor first...Aunty your neighbor, ha ha ha, maybe she undergoing menopause, see 'cockerel' she gets annoyed? or the last time she had it was, last century....citibank all young girls...no worry! they can even deliver by hand... ha ha ha ha

The aunty must have been made redundant because the Peace Centre branch is now long gone. At Citibank I even had a personal banker:o "Had" because I've sold off all the unit trusts I bought from Citibank & don't use the trading account I have with them. As long as you are able to maintain $5k you can open an account there & get free chequing facilities. The girls at Citibank provide better service than DBS/POSB. In my opinion they are also prettier:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amex Gold card holder lagi Bestest service.
on same evening, they use courier to hand deliver the replacement card at your doorstep at the time of your convenience.

Moral : $$ talks!

I found that AMEX is not popular with merchants in the US. I think it is because they are slow to pay the merchants. The only place where AMEX is valued is in the Philippines. Don't know why?
I can't remember the yearly service charge but I think it was higher than VISA.

I have found that it is better to carry a few cards because sometimes you can have problems with a card. It happened to me in the US when a merchant forgot to release the deposit after I'd returned a rental. Also saw americans in Bangkok having problems paying by credit cards. Actually nowadays when I travel, I prefer to pay by cash because of all the problems with credit cards: skimming, stolen CC nos....

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
OT abit here; seems Like many oLd FoLks Love to update their passbooks by physicaL means..
perhaps they are too free ?..:cool:

I use the passbook as my second ledger for my share trading .

From experience, it is advisable to have a separate record if you trade frequently.
I once asked my lawyer to take action against a bank for keeping my CPF share trading proceeds in their suspense account for 8 months, instead of crediting my CPF investment account the same week.

In the end, I was advised to accept the ex-gratia payment of $5000 they offered me for misplacing my monies and for their sloppiness.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
fwah... they make use of your share for their own trading siah.

should tell them u gg to inform MAS and the whole world make them kena. could be worth 1/2 million counter offer by them