• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Politics in Quan Yi Fong Case?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, in his house no TV. But visit Grandpa at Istana got.
Didn't LHY say before that his children don't watch TV?Oh, perhaps what he meant was normal free to air tv from local stations that most ordinary singaporeans watch, I see......................... :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't imagine a Lee Kuan Yew without Singaporeans. :rolleyes:

I've said it a million times. They should rename "Stockholm Syndrome" to "Singapore Syndrome". Sinkies are even more Stockholm-ish than Stockholm-ers. Common Sinkie refrain: "Yes, I don't like NS either. But since you can't avoid it, why not enjoy it?". Replace "NS" with "rape" and it still wouldn't make a difference. :smile:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have 9 days left to lodge an appeal. And I have full confidence in V K Rajah if it goes to appeal and he hears it.

Yes V K Rajah is a very good objective judge. The worst of the lot must be that Belinda who chose to prostitute her name. Another despised judge is Choo Han Teck, lap dog of LKY.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
main_sidebanner2.jpg

"Those unauthorised persons who only wait or loiter inside a polling station on polling day do not commit any offence under the Act."

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't LHY say before that his children don't watch TV?
Oh, perhaps what he meant was normal free to air tv from local stations that most ordinary singaporeans watch, I see......................... :biggrin:

Yup! I remembered it well. He said they can get all their knowledge from the Internet.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Those unauthorised persons who only wait or loiter inside a polling station on polling day do not commit any offence under the Act."[/COLOR][/B]

And this guy promoted to Chief Justice? What is becoming of our justices?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
VK is an exceptional individual. I think he is the youngest to make it to the Appeallate Bench. He has thrown away precedence on a number of occasions and gives clear and sound reasons. Well respected as well. If he says that Quan can go free and the probation is removed, I will keep my mouth shut. You read this guy well and your friend will benefit from your advice. His father was a kind soul and suffered immensely. He was particularly aggrieved when he was made stateless for years. Even Chou Eng Lai knows who the father is which made the Old man even more mad.

Wave at the driver when you pass SJ 8. Wonder if his daughter is a doctor now. Funny many law trained people with their moral compasses pointed true North do not desire for their children to follow in their footsteps.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wave at the driver when you pass SJ 8. Wonder if his daughter is a doctor now. Funny many law trained people with their moral compasses pointed true North do not desire for their children to follow in their footsteps.

If he continues to be objective, SJ 8 may not be parked at the High Court building in the near future.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he continues to be objective, SJ 8 may not be parked at the High Court building in the near future.

That will probably be another demonstration of the LKY Hard Truth! Don't force VK into opposition politics though, he will prove to be more than a JBJ!

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....another waste of bandwidth......just plain speculations and assumptions.........worst, casting doubts on the taxi driver's record......totally uncalled for!

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
It must have been that special immunity idol, her aunt, who helped cleared all the obstacles for her. She must be smirking away, thinking how lucky to escape unscathed again. With the fake-kind look at press con and horrible verdict, it just made me sick. While the hands of law might not be able to reach far enough, I hope the society and public will make up for it and continue to condemn her past atrocities, shame her until she wakes up to become a civilised human again. :(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If I'm not mistaken, the quote above was made by Leongsam some time back. :o

I don't recall ever putting it that way. What I have said numerous times is that NS is a very enjoyable experience... a time to relax with no real responsibilities. It's the calm before the storm of real working life.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have 9 days left to lodge an appeal. And I have full confidence in V K Rajah if it goes to appeal and he hears it.

Highly unlikely AGC will appeal, especially after the high profile press conference. After the last AG, they chose a AG who they are confident will toe the line. This is especailly important given the sensitive times we live in.

It boggles the mind that the unseen hands will lack courage to do something like immidiately remove an errant GLC CEO to send a clear message. They will however find the balls to play games with the judical process to let a popular, appparently connected media celebrity go.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
She certainly looks very delighted with her "exceptional rare" probation sentence. Is she remorseful for her action? You decide.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2l58VHcFvA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

U look at sly cunning cb face ,u tell me where got remorseful ?
This country ruled by rotten people is going down the drain .

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is something seriously wrong with Taiwanese women. None of my friends with Taiwanese wives have a happy marriage.

You marry their women and end up pampering and supporting her family. Everything revolves around her selfish needs and her family.

Taiwanese claws better than Third Rail claws.

Good luck to those who marry Taiwanese girls.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah! the one holding the right to vote are truly 2nd class citizens and yet the first class gahment want the 2nd class citizens to vote them into office, WTF!

Masters at the practice of double standards. Ang Mos are always let off lightly or allowed to leave the country when they commit crimes, be it beating up our taxi drivers, drunk driving, tax evasion or strangling a girlfriend. if someone were to tally up crimes involving Ang Mos, there is a pattern to it. Those of us carrying the pink IC and living here are truly second class in the way judgement is meted out. In Dubai, their Nationals come first and the government makes no bones about it. Nationals who marry are given free housing and even autistic kids are given a card for free travel on public transport anytime, anywhere.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This isn't politics per se but social engineering. This is a signal, among many others that have been sent, that by joining the PAPies and their crony orgs, one can be assured of friendly service from the PAPies and the institutions that they control. Such signals serve two purposes - a) to entice others to join the PAPies and teir cronies or to continue being a minion and b) to test and to push further the 'pain' threshold that peasants can withstand.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The car will still be able to be parked there, but the person sitting at the back may be different.

That's true.

Given his background, I am still wondering how he made it there. Surely LKY perceives this man as a threat to the status quo. And he didn't object? Very curious.