• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Politics in Quan Yi Fong Case?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that many people were watching this case from the moment it hit the media for a number of reasons. She was a celebrity, the incident was over the top, her conduct was quite unbelievable etc

I recall that when it eventually came to sentencing and when the judge called for a probation report, all those reasons to seem to evaporate into thin air and a whole lot of different reasons surfaced. She is not exactly young, she has had a previous conviction, cases that caused less damage and violence even for a first time offender did not receive a call for probation report, was the special treatment for foreigners rearing its ugly head.

I am sure I am not the only one that feels that there is something seriously wrong with the sentence and the reasons dished out by the judge. Post natal depression for nearly a decade? I can't even recall once this lady ever expressing regret over the incident before it came to the court case. We have sent people to jail for nicking sweets, lipstick and we have sent people to jail for making a false report fearing retribution from the wife, we have sent people to jail for traffic violations that caused no damage and violence used and we have this case.

You got to wonder what Sundaresh Menon is contemplating as he sits as the Attorney General of Singapore. At the very least, this surely must be re-considered thru the Appeals process. Either we got this case wrong or we got all the other cases wrong.

Subash must be wondering why the gods have looked at him favourably for the second time. The first was when his client walked home when the judge erred in the traffic death case involving the SPH editor talking on her phone.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that many people were watching this case from the moment it hit the media for a number of reasons. She was a celebrity, the incident was over the top, her conduct was quite unbelievable etc

I recall that when it eventually came to sentencing and when the judge called for a probation report, all those reasons to seem to evaporate into thin air and a whole lot of different reasons surfaced. She is not exactly young, she has had a previous conviction, cases that caused less damage and violence even for a first time offender did not receive a call for probation report, was the special treatment for foreigners rearing its ugly head.

I am sure I am not the only one that feels that there is something seriously wrong with the sentence and the reasons dished out by the judge. Post natal depression for nearly a decade? I can't even recall once this lady ever expressing regret over the incident before it came to the court case. We have sent people to jail for nicking sweets, lipstick and we have sent people to jail for making a false report fearing retribution from the wife, we have sent people to jail for traffic violations that caused no damage and violence used and we have this case.

You got to wonder what Sundaresh Menon is contemplating as he sits as the Attorney General of Singapore. At the very least, this surely must be re-considered thru the Appeals process. Either we got this case wrong or we got all the other cases wrong.

Subash must be wondering why the gods have looked at him favourably for the second time. The first was when his client walked home when the judge erred in the traffic death case involving the SPH editor talking on her phone.
\\

Invisible hand influenced the judgement. This kind of judgement sickens singaporeans and strenghtens their resolve to vote out the pap

jw5

Loyal

1. The judge said that it is extremely rare to call for a probation report for someone above 21 years old. He then promptly proceeded to call for a probation report!

2. You are the one who's supposed to tell us whether there is politics involved or not.

3. Needless to say, most people would smell a rat.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
\\

Invisible hand influenced the judgement. This kind of judgement sickens singaporeans and strenghtens their resolve to vote out the pap

Masters at the practice of double standards. Ang Mos are always let off lightly or allowed to leave the country when they commit crimes, be it beating up our taxi drivers, drunk driving, tax evasion or strangling a girlfriend. if someone were to tally up crimes involving Ang Mos, there is a pattern to it. Those of us carrying the pink IC and living here are truly second class in the way judgement is meted out. In Dubai, their Nationals come first and the government makes no bones about it. Nationals who marry are given free housing and even autistic kids are given a card for free travel on public transport anytime, anywhere.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am quite certain an 'invisible' hand intervened. The law is supposed to be equal to everyone. In reality, it isn't. Still depends on who you know, in almost all cases. Subhas is only so-so standard. Nothing exceptional. He takes on high profile cases but is no miracle worker. You need the other side to give way too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Masters at the practice of double standards. Ang Mos are always let off lightly or allowed to leave the country when they commit crimes, be it beating up our taxi drivers, drunk driving, tax evasion or strangling a girlfriend. if someone were to tally up crimes involving Ang Mos, there is a pattern to it. Those of us carrying the pink IC and living here are truly second class in the way judgement is meted out. In Dubai, their Nationals come first and the government makes no bones about it. Nationals who marry are given free housing and even autistic kids are given a card for free travel on public transport anytime, anywhere.

Ang Mo backside can get discount for caning from president. Need we say more?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without a doubt. She's a serial case. Just by that fact alone, she should have been punished much more. Reinforced the fact that the S'pore justice system is bias in favor of government linked corporations. Hopefully we won't see the end of this, in terms of more public outcry in the coming days to expose the perversion of law in the hands of our courts.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I understand it, the previous AG felt rather strongly about this and related issues which led to the very public falling out with PMO. It was also the reason why they felt the need to come down so hard on an obscure ang mo author who wrote a book that was doing really badly and only became a best seller because they chose to persecute him.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was very curious after he said that it was rare, but he did not say why her case was special and I was hoping that he would during the sentencing but again he did not. There is strong probability that the taxi driver's conduct and demeanour in the course of this might have played a significant role. Something that Subash might have identified and raised. Alternatively the judge has no time for taxi drivers. I know a district judge who was well known for the opposite view as his father was a taxi driver. Anyone who assaults or robs a taxi driver is dead meat in his court. He was also known to have asked the PP to return any restitution made by the offenders so that he can throw the book at them with no concession. Will sniff around being the busybody that I am and this case has upset meet.
1. The judge said that it is extremely rare to call for a probation report for someone above 21 years old. He then promptly proceeded to call for a probation report!2. You are the one who's supposed to tell us whether there is politics involved or not. 3. Needless to say, most people would smell a rat.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am have little choice but to agree. This was case that was played out extensively and the judge was rather bold or dumb to have done this. A second offender mind you. They should publish the number of ang mos that have been left off lightly. Justice must be seen to be done.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forgot to add one point. Did AGD indicate whether they are going to appeal? It becomes all the more curious if AGD stands down and meekly accepts the judgement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you on Subash. I sense that Subash must had engaged a PI to probe the driver's past or asked his mployers to reveal his list of complaints.
I am quite certain an 'invisible' hand intervened. The law is supposed to be equal to everyone. In reality, it isn't. Still depends on who you know, in almost all cases. Subhas is only so-so standard. Nothing exceptional. He takes on high profile cases but is no miracle worker. You need the other side to give way too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. Walter was a firm believer is seeing justice being seen done and was prepared to go public why he was not pursuing a case, downgrading etc. As you know the AG has the sole power not to prosecute even if the President of Singapore is stabbed to death during national day by a sane individual who did not like his face.

Tan Boon Teik on the other hand because of his addiction to the stock market was game for the silent hand. Glenn Knight was unpredictable, the one who passed away was an ex Lee & Lee Alumnus. Walter was perceived wrongly. I have high regard for Menon but he might not be prone to playing to the gallery.

They have 9 days left to lodge an appeal. And I have full confidence in V K Rajah if it goes to appeal and he hears it.

VK's father by the way was incarcerated under ISA and he died a bitter man and he hated 2 people the most - old man and devan Nair.

As I understand it, the previous AG felt rather strongly about this and related issues which led to the very public falling out with PMO. It was also the reason why they felt the need to come down so hard on an obscure ang mo author who wrote a book that was doing really badly and only became a best seller because they chose to persecute him.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And I have full confidence in V K Rajah if it goes to appeal and he hears it.

Someone came to me for legal advice recently, though I am not legally trained. Adviced him to the best of my knowledge and ability - fight the case and not PG.

Told him, since he is prepared to fight all the way and $ is not a problem, if he loses his case in the District Court, to appeal in the High Court. Commented that his only chance of a successful appeal would be VK Rajah on the bench. All others, sure mati. Another friend of mine echoed the same view - only VK is objective.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lower strata of the power structure in Sinkieland = super clean, über incorrupt. Because Sinkies are ignorant sheep. They can't be bought because they have no consciousness of their selves. Sinkie sheep have no desires of their own. The raison d'etre of Sinkie sheep is to sacrifice for the "common good", to be a cog in the wheel, an ant in a colony, a digit in a database. But once you probe higher, you would begin to smell the stench of cronyism, nepotism, injustice and malfeasance. Fuck Singapore! :mad:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
VK is an exceptional individual. I think he is the youngest to make it to the Appeallate Bench. He has thrown away precedence on a number of occasions and gives clear and sound reasons. Well respected as well. If he says that Quan can go free and the probation is removed, I will keep my mouth shut. You read this guy well and your friend will benefit from your advice. His father was a kind soul and suffered immensely. He was particularly aggrieved when he was made stateless for years. Even Chou Eng Lai knows who the father is which made the Old man even more mad.
Someone came to me for legal advice recently, though I am not legally trained. Adviced him to the best of my knowledge and ability - fight the case and not PG. Told him, since he is prepared to fight all the way and $ is not a problem, if he loses his case in the District Court, to appeal in the High Court. Commented that his only chance of a successful appeal would be VK Rajah on the bench. All others, sure mati. Another friend of mine echoed the same view - only VK is objective.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day old man in his occasional moments of regalness blurted to the media about his grandchildren and their programmes watched via Satellite Dish. He forgot that He banned it for rest of Singapore except for Business Houses. When his grandchild was allowed to attend Singapore American School, he spoke about the virtues of their curriculum. He of course w not bothered that rest of Singapore can't be allowed the same privileges and that some parents migrate for the sake of their kids who are have special needs. Then we have grassroots arseholes who tell me that they volunteer in PA organised activities.
Lower strata of the power structure in Sinkieland = super clean, über incorrupt. Because Sinkies are ignorant sheep. They can't be bought because they have no consciousness of their selves. Sinkie sheep have no desires of their own. The raison d'etre of Sinkie sheep is to sacrifice for the "common good", to be a cog in the wheel, an ant in a colony, a digit in a database. But once you probe higher, you would begin to smell the stench of cronyism, nepotism, injustice and malfeasance. Fuck Singapore! :mad:

Last edited:

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
She certainly looks very delighted with her "exceptional rare" probation sentence. Is she remorseful for her action? You decide.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2l58VHcFvA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
One day old man in his occasional moments of regalness blurted to the media about his grandchildren and their programmes watched via Satellite Dish.

Didn't LHY say before that his children don't watch TV?
Oh, perhaps what he meant was normal free to air tv from local stations that most ordinary singaporeans watch, I see......................... :biggrin: