• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

police matter. need advice.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have some sales dispute with someone and he threatened to report me to the police. will the police send a letter to my home address telling me to go to the police station to explain myself or will they come knocking at my door. so embarrassing if the police come to my house.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police Department now under spotlight. They will be extra nice to you. And for sales dispute if without any fraud invloved, Police will tell the other party to go through legal proceedings. I think Police will not entertain.

Last edited:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,worse to worse they will call you on your mobile and invite you down for a chat:biggrin:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely that they will investigate you thoroughly, including all your activities online. That you are an SBF forummer will doubtless count massively against you. Best is for you to delete your SBF account and keep a very low profile both online and offline. Good luck, bro!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police Department now under spotlight. They will be extra nice to you. And for sales dispute if without any fraud invloved, Police will tell the other party to go through legal proceedings. I think Police will not entertain.

he is accusing me of fraud. but the money involved is not big. think the police will not entertain him too. maybe just a record on file. nothing else.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very unlikely the police will take up the case unless there is a crimiinal element involved.

i have some sales dispute with someone and he threatened to report me to the police. will the police send a letter to my home address telling me to go to the police station to explain myself or will they come knocking at my door. so embarrassing if the police come to my house.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is very unlikely the police will take up the case unless there is a crimiinal element involved.

thanks for info. he has no case against me. i am thinking. maybe the police want to hear both sides of the story to put on record. sian. must go to police station for this shit.

jw5

Loyal
thanks for info. he has no case against me. i am thinking. maybe the police want to hear both sides of the story to put on record. sian. must go to police station for this shit.

u want to give us more details, so that we can give our "expert opinions" on whether that fellow has a case or not?
of course please remember to change the names and the subject matters, to avoid real life identification.............. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u want to give us more details, so that we can give our "expert opinions" on whether that fellow has a case or not?
of course please remember to change the names and the subject matters, to avoid real life identification.............. :biggrin:

no need lah. the case is not interesting. what i like to know is how the police will contact me, by mail or knock on my door ?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PC 6601 SSG IHP here. What advice do you need? Do you stay in a landed property? Is your car number plate same as your house unit number? :biggrin:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need lah. the case is not interesting. what i like to know is how the police will contact me, by mail or knock on my door ?

Tell him go fly kite. No writ of summons no talk. Anything else are empty threats.

You can actually make a counter police report against him for threatening you. I did try that once but the police officer asked me go fly kite. :biggrin:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copy down his name. Tell him you have the right to make report. If he don't take report, you will complain to MHA and ask them to ask him go fly kit.

I rem the officer taking down my statements for record purposes but quite explicitly he said no further action could be taken.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tell him go fly kite. No writ of summons no talk. Anything else are empty threats.

You can actually make a counter police report against him for threatening you. I did try that once but the police officer asked me go fly kite. :biggrin:

thanks for info. i certainly don't want to go to police station for this stupid issue. but i somehow also don't mind the guy making a police report. if the police investigate the issue, he will be in trouble for deceiving the police.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for info. i certainly don't want to go to police station for this stupid issue. but i somehow also don't mind the guy making a police report. if the police investigate the issue, he will be in trouble for deceiving the police.

No matter what just don't get to close with the IO or any of the PRO when you go to the station for statement. :biggrin: