• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PMET: My crime is being a Singaporean & a parent

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. His crime is not being a Singapore but a POOR Sinkie. Singapore is fantastic if you are rich. It's reasonably safe, cheap labour, minimal anti social behaviour and low taxes. Look at all the richies from all over the world having homes here. If you are poor, then it is a different story.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years ago I remember trying to have a lunch time discussion with colleagues about the dangers of ONLY supporting one party i.e. the PAP. However they were more interested in the price of housing, COE, cars,,.... They never understood that politics is very important in Spore because it it is what allows the PAP to retain power & abuse the system.

Today many of my ex-colleagues are struggling. Some of them have been retrenched or are in the process of being retrenched. One of them is still paying for his BMW. Those still lucky to be employed have plenty of white hair. All this might have been avoided if they had put in more opposition in parliament to keep the PAP busy.

Many years back, I too tried to have a discussion with my friends and colleagues about our gahbrament favoring the FT policies.
It turned out that many of them are not even bother to give it a thought about what could be affecting their life in the long run with such a policy.

They don't see how it can affect them as they are still having a well paid job and living a comfortable life.
They choose not to think ahead in time of what are the consequences if the FTs keep coming in.
They can never feel the pain yet as they don't really bother to understand what was it like when they lost their job to a foreigner.
It is only when the day come when they themselves got the first hand experience of being laid off, only then feel the pinch.
This is the sad fact about the mentality of most local S'poreans.
They are only concern about themselves and their own lifes.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many years back, I too tried to have a discussion with my friends and colleagues about our gahbrament favoring the FT policies.
It turned out that many of them are not even bother to give it a thought about what could be affecting their life in the long run with such a policy.

They don't see how it can affect them as they are still having a well paid job and living a comfortable life.
They choose not to think ahead in time of what are the consequences if the FTs keep coming in.
They can never feel the pain yet as they don't really bother to understand what was it like when they lost their job to a foreigner.
It is only when the day come when they themselves got the first hand experience of being laid off, only then feel the pinch.

They are sinkies and mingle with them is an insult to the human race..avoid them at all cost.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many singkies are like that, in the late 90s and early 2000 I get garbage from so called smart educated people like:

'I vote PAP cos I want my flat prices to go up'
'I want upgrading'
'I vote for PAP but I hope the Opposition Win'

The only light at the end of the tunnel was Hougang and Potong Pasir.

But now with PAP open door policy etc, many have suffered, but maybe those who want their flat value to go up got their wish.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many singkies are like that, in the late 90s and early 2000 I get garbage from so called smart educated people like:

'I want upgrading'

But now with PAP open door policy etc, many have suffered, but maybe those who want their flat value to go up got their wish.

These people expect the opposition to help them even though they voted for the PAP :eek:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I want upgrading'

The idea of wanting flat prices to go up never really make sense to me. If you are living in the flat, it does not matter if it goes to a million. On the contrary, your children will be the one that is going to suffer the consequences.

Just imagine, the family has three children and planning to settle down, buy a flat a 1/2 a million dollars. They are going to be working their butts off just to payoff the loans. That is if they have good jobs.

Asset appreciation works well for the wealthy and well off, as they have not only one property.
Not for the hdb heartlanders. With one property, it's just like, you are able to see your cpf monies, but not able to use it, unless you sell it and go live in a tent at the East Coast.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB COV already becoming negative and below bank valuation, 60.1% of sinkies better wake up their idea.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB COV already becoming negative and below bank valuation, 60.1% of sinkies better wake up their idea.

Why care so much about property prices, COV and all that property-related jargon crap?

Why not just be content with a roof over your head?

Maybe if everyone stopped flipping properties, first-timers can afford to get a HDB flat.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think some wanted to migrate and get as much as they can, some are bloody foreigners and mudlanders who will buy a bungalow in mudland when they F off,,,but sad to say,,there are many who are locals who want prices to be high,,,some are actually working hard and hope to transfer the flat to their kids so they can get a head start,,but all in all its nothing but a game of diminishing returns,,,,now prices are high,,,it has to remain high,,if prices drop,,things will be worse for many,.,,

but come to think of it,,,many of the expensive hdb resale were purchase by foreigners,,,so no COV etc is low,,,they lose money,,,and new PRs cant buy so it will be good for locals,,if they can afford to buy in a good location, now its the time to do it,,location is everything,,,

The idea of wanting flat prices to go up never really make sense to me. If you are living in the flat, it does not matter if it goes to a million. On the contrary, your children will be the one that is going to suffer the consequences.

Just imagine, the family has three children and planning to settle down, buy a flat a 1/2 a million dollars. They are going to be working their butts off just to payoff the loans. That is if they have good jobs.

Asset appreciation works well for the wealthy and well off, as they have not only one property.
Not for the hdb heartlanders. With one property, it's just like, you are able to see your cpf monies, but not able to use it, unless you sell it and go live in a tent at the East Coast.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PMET's most unforgivable crime is to knowingly allowed himself to be brainwashed by pappies. 101% a pappies sarporter. Now kena ass screwed by the treacherous pappies doggies, then come and complain ass pain.

My advice to this PMET is for him to tell everyone not to vote for anything with a lightning. kena strike by lightning is no good.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think some wanted to migrate and get as much as they can, some are bloody foreigners and mudlanders who will buy a bungalow in mudland when they F off,,,but sad to say,,there are many who are locals who want prices to be high,,,some are actually working hard and hope to transfer the flat to their kids so they can get a head start,,but all in all its nothing but a game of diminishing returns,,,,now prices are high,,,it has to remain high,,if prices drop,,things will be worse for many,.,,

but come to think of it,,,many of the expensive hdb resale were purchase by foreigners,,,so no COV etc is low,,,they lose money,,,and new PRs cant buy so it will be good for locals,,if they can afford to buy in a good location, now its the time to do it,,location is everything,,,

For Malaysian (PRs) that bought much earlier (hdb) they would have made good profit, even, if they were to sell it now, barring the low COV. But most lightly, they will just rent it out and collect rental, if they were to go back to Malaysia, as a substantial amount of the money will be going back to their cpf (principal + interest, this thing about paying interest on your own money, to be locked up is really crazy, but that is another discussion), unless they decide to migrate out of West Malaysia (I could be wrong here on this).

As for locals to transfer the flats to kids, while the intention is good, My thought is that it is not feasible, as they (the old folks) still need a place to live, unless they are deceased. It could be they could downgrade to a smaller flat (2 room/3room) and cash out the difference to give their children a headstart. If there is 3 of them, then it would not be much.

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Malaysian (PRs) that bought much earlier (hdb) they would have made good profit, even, if they were to sell it now, barring the low COV. But most lightly, they will just rent it out and collect rental, if they were to go back to Malaysia, as a substantial amount of the money will be going back to their cpf (principal + interest, this thing about paying interest on your own money, to be locked up is really crazy, but that is another discussion), unless they decide to migrate out of West Malaysia (I could be wrong here on this).

As for locals to transfer the flats to kids, while the intention is good, My thought is that it is not feasible, as they (the old folks) still need a place to live, unless they are deceased. It could be they could downgrade to a smaller flat (2 room/3room) and cash out the difference to give their children a headstart. If there is 3 of them, then it would not be much.

Another article from a sinkie loser to make Malaysians look bad, and you sinkes look like victims.

Admit it, Malaysians are more intelligent than sinkies.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another article from a sinkie loser to make Malaysians look bad, and you sinkes look like victims.

Admit it, Malaysians are more intelligent than sinkies.

Ha ha ha ha, I find it very amusing on your claim that the article is to make Malaysians look bad. It is the policy that is the problem.
I have Malaysian friends (already in their 50s that came to Singapore in the 90s and bought their flats at that time), and chose to rent out their flats while they chose to retire in Malaysia. There are also younger Malaysian that I know (now in their late 20s/early 30s) that has chosen to work in Singapore are affected by this recent changes on resale flats for PRs.

Like I said, asset appreciation only benefits the wealthy and well off.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
speaking of waiting for 2016 and behave like a stupid ball-less sinkie shit low life loser, where is Zeddy?

He is busy counting the number of days to the year 2016 and 2021. What else do you expect him to be doing?

Ah 2 retarded scrap goats sucking each other's cock... Clone Attila the Cunt and Scrapgoat CB Kia Aussie Wannabe Tonychat.. LOL..

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
"I am fucking my ex-boyfriend but I hope I get pregnant with my husband's child." :rolleyes:

She will get pregnant with her ex-boyfriend's child and tell her husband that it is his.

= She will vote for pap and be deluded that they are working towards her best interests. :wink: