• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee now says: Total population in 2030 will be "SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER" than 6.9mil!!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PM Lee now says: Total population in 2030 will be "SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER" than 6.9m

77 vs 13 vote and the motion go thru.

They can implement anything and anything can get thru.

That's why we need more oppositions in Parliament. At least 2 opposition camps will be better so that all the 3 (including the PAPies) political parties of equal footing can "watch" over each other.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PM Lee now says: Total population in 2030 will be "SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER" than 6.9m

When I fight against this population white paper, I am not fighting PAP.

I am fighting for my son and my son's son.

I do not want them to become slaves of this population white paper.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually, this aging population problem has been identified long time ago and has been achieved by PAP in last 10 years. PAP is just greedy to take in another 1M people into Singapore for GDP growth. This White Papers 造纸白 is crap.

Aging population is a 1 billion baby bommers problem and affected every country. This 1 billion baby boomers will aged between 50y.o to 69y.o in 2015. Australia will have 5M aging population in 2015 far more worse than Singapore of 2.5M.

Have another great big world war, WW3, and recycle the population to create another 1 bil baby boomers.
Baby boomers will have longer lifespans and work life. The solution is to extend retirement age to 70 or even 75, as people are generally healthier nowadays.

The days of age 60 retirement is over, as the masses cannot be expected to be in retirement mode for last 25 years of their lives, which will be unprecedented. Older workers should be allowed in more government administrative work, teachers, tour guides etc.

Personally, I like the old auntie and uncle sales assistants more. Most of them seem to be friendlier, more patient and have better product knowledge than the young ones.

goondusamy

Alfrescian
Loyal

You believe that it will be "SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER" than 6.9m?

Whoever believe so must be suffering from dementia.

In 2011, this pinky clown said "SORRY"? Lots of goondusamy and idiots got taken in and voted for the PAP.

This goondusamy not taken in and no vote for the papaya.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Should also introduce a Soylent Green style euthanasia. For those old and infirmed etc,,,let them go with dignity,,that is wat i want for myself if I become an invalid,,,death is part of life,,deal with it,,,and also priority must be given for olderworkers to get jobs,,,how to work if no one wants to hire u? This long life is a curse to the world,,,

Baby boomers will have longer lifespans and work life. The solution is to extend retirement age to 70 or even 75, as people are generally healthier nowadays.

The days of age 60 retirement is over, as the masses cannot be expected to be in retirement mode for last 25 years of their lives, which will be unprecedented. Older workers should be allowed in more government administrative work, teachers, tour guides etc.

Personally, I like the old auntie and uncle sales assistants more. Most of them seem to be friendlier, more patient and have better product knowledge than the young ones.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brother GDS,PM Lee is trouble liao,I can help him,that is hold a N.Referumdum,the people say NO,then PM Lee declare:we respect the people,OK,change!Sweep Bo?

boomtown

Alfrescian
Loyal

If your gf/wife had 2-3 bf before marriage, you might say its significantly higher!
To a mei mei, having 2-3 johns a night is significantly lower!

so its all perspective
2016, pls vote them out

good one...

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think AWARE has the balls to do it?

yeah... AWARE is another one of those faux NGOs that are permitted by the PAP to help do their wayang....

when was the last time any activists got any recognition...just fucking pure harassment.

Just ask Lynn Lee that girl who went to film the PRC drivers who said they got beaten up by the police.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I fight against this population white paper, I am not fighting PAP.

I am fighting for my son and my son's son.

I do not want them to become slaves of this population white paper.

Right brother. Well said. I can't imagine my children living in this crowded country.

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes the families of scholarship holders and grandmas and grandpapas

People in the GLS, civil services, stat board, PAP related organisations and those with more than 1 property.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should also introduce a Soylent Green style euthanasia. For those old and infirmed etc,,,let them go with dignity,,that is wat i want for myself if I become an invalid,,,death is part of life,,deal with it,,,and also priority must be given for olderworkers to get jobs,,,how to work if no one wants to hire u? This long life is a curse to the world,,,
I think no need. Statistically, a person only have limited time to live after he is no longer able to work. The body and mind simply expire without activity or purpose, nothing to do with any govt.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not true lah,,,I see many have not been working in years,,and still alive and kicking,,but each year they kick abit less,,,still live about 20+ years

I think no need. Statistically, a person only have limited time to live after he is no longer able to work. The body and mind simply expire without activity or purpose, nothing to do with any govt.