• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM and Ho Ching meet William and Catherine

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With respect, she dresses very poorly.
Perhaps, she should seek suggestions from a few well dressed ladies in Singapore, and/or professionals.
In my humble opinion, pants are inapprpriate for meeting diplomats, formal events, etc.
Having said that, could she avoid dressing like someone from a Chinese related country, and do not wear open toe sandals/shoes.
Perhaps, she could observe how Her Royal Highness is dressed, or other female politicians from other countries.

Have a friend who has attended a functions where Ho Ching was the guest. She was rude & inconsiderate. She arrived late, said very little, was very impatient & had an imperious attitude, ...... he came away with a very poor impression of her :wink:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have a friend who has attended a functions where Ho Ching was the guest. She was rude & inconsiderate. She arrived late, said very little, was very impatient & had an imperious attitude, ...... he came away with a very poor impression of her :wink:

Wow!

By the way, you wrote: "Have a friend who has attended a functions where Ho Ching was the guest. ..."

Perhaps, you mean: [ I have a friend who attended several functions where Ho Ching was the guest of honour. ]

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. my take: positively fugly green pant-suit.
3. ah jinnx really lives up to its name & image, butchman wearing pants!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is plain rudeness, no manners, no respect.....maybe she thinks the royal couple is beneath her and can't be bothered.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
No loose weave cotton. No material that creases easily, especially after sitting.
This is not your family Sunday brunch.
It is understandable that as a person ages, the body loses shape. So all the more the clothes must provide some sort of shape.
No sandals too. I know it is the nyona emsemble, but it is really not suitable here.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observe the look of disgust on Prince William's face.

"KNN! Pinky shakes hands like a effeminate twat! Even my Kate has a firmer handgrip than that sissy!"

Goldeneye

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LHL and HC visit UK, the PM's wife is not going to wear Cheongsam or ponytails. So HC did right - just wear normal home wear, even dress down a bit to show Sinkieland no longer a colonial outpost and the PM's wife won't dress to impress junior visitors.

I think it is about time us Asians stop crawling on our knees and dress like some special evening whenever some ang moh comes calling..

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
..She wears one befitting her status and age - grandma looking so be it. It will reveal a lot of your personal value if you tell me there is something wrong for a rich lady of grandma age to wear neat and simple dresses.

come on, Catherine is one of the most photographed ladies in the world now, her every look is scrutinized & HC is doing a photo opp with her, at least try lah. Like that she really reveals a lot of her personal value as you've stated.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah, i didn't know you're friends with William & Catherine :biggrin:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
No loose weave cotton. No material that creases easily, especially after sitting.
This is not your family Sunday brunch.
It is understandable that as a person ages, the body loses shape. So all the more the clothes must provide some sort of shape.
No sandals too. I know it is the nyona emsemble, but it is really not suitable here.

Alamak, if she wants to wear nyonya ensemble, try wearing the real thing lah, a sarong kabaya is more fitting as it's traditional & shows your culture.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah, i didn't know you're friends with William & Catherine :biggrin:

The function I'm talking about is when Ho Ching was the guest of honor. This was years ago when my colleague was in the IT biz so he gets to meet people like Ho Ching & she made a poor impression.

Whenever there is a Ho Ching topic you'll notice that no one has anything good about her. Not even the the so called PAP apologists:smile: