• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please take up cycling

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in 1975, meself and two of me schoolmates decided to steal bicyles. In one afternoon we got seven. One was a Legnano. All of them, we simply strolled into homes through open gates in Opera Estate and Lucky Heights and rode out on two-wheels. We were just teenage schoolboys, not criminals.

Cheers!

i have placed an interpol alert on you. that legnano was mine. :p

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have arrived. You are in lycra, the bike is a serious brand, very light, there is striking bulge where your manhood is, you have serious looking shades on your head, you wave at fellow cyclists at Changi Village and they wave back, you notice the chairman of DBS and his gang drinking teh tarik, you swear that you spotted a PS or two also in the group. The only problem is that the young chicks who cycle will still call you "Uncle". Thats when you tell them that all your friends call you "Flash".

Bro,

Peter's riding mate is KP, patriarch of Hong Fok.

Had breakfast with them on a couple of occasions at East Coast hawker centre during my breaks.

Asked them to join our group and KP said he's happy riding with the LL Club (Lao Lang Club). :biggrin:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this can be true of any competitive sport, not just cycling.

cycling requires space. singapore has none to spare.

why not take up chess? or fishing?

Cycling is a non-impact sport and if done intensively, it reduces blood sugar, blood pressure and beer tummy.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cycling is a non-impact sport and if done intensively, it reduces blood sugar, blood pressure and beer tummy.

so does swimming and yoga and pilates and aqua jogging etc etc

idiots who choose to cycle on the roads in a uber dense city and demand rights on the road, are just idiots.

the next thing you know, we'll be letting the sultan of johore fly his helicopter to the next F1 race.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
224331_505478202799914_1513038851_n.jpg

ha..ha..just kidding.

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm eyeing on the NPark job, but so far no opening.
Anybody know how much they pay for cycling in the park the whole day?

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal

idiots who choose to cycle on the roads in a uber dense city and demand rights on the road, are just idiots.

the next thing you know, we'll be letting the sultan of johore fly his helicopter to the next F1 race.

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~ John F Kennedy, US President.

Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~ Mark Twain, American humorist.

If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on. ~ Lance Armstrong, 7 times TDF champion.

Only sissies do yoga, Pilates and aqua-jogging. ~ Dinkum, member of SBF, number one social & political forum in S'pore.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is a topic close to my heart. I love cycling for exercise and have owned and still own lightweight Italian vintage steel like Legnano, Colnago and Bianchi. For no fuss cycling, I would recommend a single speed set up and stick to parks and connector paths. Use the roads only when you have, but stick close to the kerb side.

Cyclists are dying on the roads because they think they own the lane, riding two abreast sometimes even three. Even as a cyclist, when I am driving I get mad at them for doing so. What more those who do not cycle.

S

Seamaster

I love cycling for exercise and have owned and still own lightweight Italian vintage steel like Legnano, Colnago and Bianchi.

My only gripe is I could never leave the bike at the roadside, even when locked, to run some errands.

ce4jitu.JPG

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
My only gripe is I could never leave the bike at the roadside, even when locked, to run some errands.

Seamaster - for errands in the neighbourhood, I use the cheapo bike which costs only $80 - $100. If stolen, then too bad. I use the racer with Shimano parts only for long rides.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess I was lucky in that pedaling comes more naturally than walking. I've been riding a bike since the age of 3. My first stitches were thanks to my bike. So too the 2nd set of stitches. The third trip to A & E was a result of chopping my own leg with a parang when trying to open a coconut.

Cycling gives me a better buzz than clits do. Clits give a more intense high but the high from cleats is much longer lasting and ultimately more satisfying.

Clits give a more intense high ? The mystery of Sam's gender is settled.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every cyclist in Singapore should cycle on this bike. Guaranteed to be safe.

16inchBMX.jpg

All bicycles must have training wheels attached, by law.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moreover, these same idiots do not pay road tax unlike other vehicles on the road. Cheap free loaders.