• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please help - Need tutor for Finance subject (post grad)

SQPilot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a foreign friend who's son came study a post grad course here. Due to engineering background he's struggling with the subject Finance which include statistics, calculus, econometric etc

Anyone here know any good tutor who could help please recommend or PM me.

Thank you so much

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a foreign friend who's son came study a post grad course here.
Aiyoh....

Is your foreign friend's son on a Sinkie government scholarship? If he is, I recommend that he ask the Sinkie government for help to get tuition for free. Maybe Chief Natural Aristocrat can personally tutor him for free. LHL is a math grad from Cambridge University and is the current chairman of GIC.

if your foreign friend's son is paying the fees himself, then very jialat because post-grad fees here very expensive. I recommend that he withdraw from his post-grad studies and head to Mumbai University where fees are very affordable and whose degrees are acceptable by our Sinkie government. The current CEO of DBS Bank is an Ah Neh from India, does your foreign friend know that?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That guy has a BIG problem ...after first degree, he must have learnt how to research and learn on his own mah ....looks like he didn't as he needs tutor for post-grad?

Which university did he get his first degree from?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is shocking! University post-grad and requests for tuition???? Where is the self-effort? And this is the first time I have heard of university level student asking for tuition! What this person deserves is a good scolding!

Cheers!

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a foreign friend who's son came study a post grad course here. Due to engineering background he's struggling with the subject Finance which include statistics, calculus, econometric etc

Anyone here know any good tutor who could help please recommend or PM me.

Thank you so much

I have a First Class Hons in Instrumentation and Control Engineering. Thus we do higher maths like Laplace Transform.

Also a MSc DIC degree in Management Science from the Imperial College. Management Science is Operation Research which is highly analytical. Our core subjects include: Statistics, Operational Research, Economic, Accounting and Finance and Organization Behaviour. I got a A+ in Econometric Modelling. Well verse apply to the stock market trend the following: Stocastic Process, Exponential Moving Averages (20, 50 200), Binomial Distribution etc

Moreover I am a Chartered Financial Consultant in profession and expert in calculating Time Value of Money like Future Value, FV given PMT, N factor and i%. Rate of return and sunk cost etc.

Age 60 so and have 25 years in this practice and presently have 1,000 investment clients managing $million of their dollars.

My advice to that young man is NOT to look for tuition teachers but learn to be independent to learn by asking questions and think for himself. I say this with authority because I failed my primary 2 in ACS with almost perfect "X" in most subjects and yet I made the grade.

Immigrated to Canada since 1991 and lives in Edmonton, Alberta, since then.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to get into engineering core courses, higher forms of math such as differential equations are prerequisites, and calculus is way before differential equations and far below the prerequisite curve. it's a math subject that should be taken in high school. something is amiss here.