• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please advise on my business ideas

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
lidat, u gotta wait loong, loong oredi ...

I got time to wait. Only 32 years old. I went to Perth before to try searching for a job but no use at all. So after much deliberating, I better get myself qualified first.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Lets say if yoiu have $50k, what business would you set up ?

What is your passion? Any enterprise you start should be an extension of what you love doing in the first place.

I love photography and if I had 50k, I'd channel the sum into the pursuit of the perfect photograph. Along the way, I'd develop an income stream from what I churn out as I progress towards this goal.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything legal brother. I don't mind long hours or dirt. When I was in Perth, I faced so many rejections. People are simply not willing to help me apply for a visa.

I hope you went looking for jobs along the line of Minning and Construction.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is another technique bro, You study. You register for a program(Min-1year) and while you are studying you can work. (Look at tafe, Its Singapore version of ITE/Poly, Courses are cheap) This will allow you to educate yourself while earning good money by the side while you buy time to look for something bigger at the end of your visa.(1 year student visa usually comes with 5 months additional)

There is many things you can do while studying, etc.. You can be a dishwasher = 60 dollars - 4 hours, Pick fruits for up to 180 dollars a day(Depending on the Fruit), Brick laying up to 150 dollars. I did all this while studying in Australia, I did not need to take a single Cent for my parents back then as i could survive on this jobs and get myself a Hill top house overlooking the Ocean.

Last edited:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your passion? Any enterprise you start should be an extension of what you love doing in the first place.

I love photography and if I had 50k, I'd channel the sum into the pursuit of the perfect photograph. Along the way, I'd develop an income stream from what I churn out as I progress towards this goal.
why do u need 50k to pursuit the photography business?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There is another technique bro, You study. You register for a program(Min-1year) and while you are studying you can work. (Look at tafe, Its Singapore version of ITE/Poly, Courses are cheap) This will allow you to educate yourself while earning good money.

Thanks brother. This is another option for me. I totally overlook this option.

When I was in Sydney, a lot of PRCs were exploiting this. The usual massage parlour I went, the PRC chicks went to study massage at TAFE. Class is usually half a day and only 3 days a week. They spent the rest if their time doing massage.

Which part of OZ were you in?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
To buy cameras, lenses, studio lighting and accessories, eizo monitor, colour calibrator, large format printer etc.
for those who have no 50k to start off, can always go for renting the equipment to start. There is no time to waste.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks brother. This is another option for me. I totally overlook this option.

When I was in Sydney, a lot of PRCs were exploiting this. The usual massage parlour I went, the PRC chicks went to study massage at TAFE. Class is usually half a day and only 3 days a week. They spent the rest if their time doing massage.

Which part of OZ were you in?

This is how the PRCs and Indians came by the boats loads and flooded Melbourne & Sydney overnight.(It was a sudden flood, "Overnight").

I was in Coffs harbor (NSW)

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
for those who have no 50k to start off, can always go for renting the equipment to start. There is no time to waste.

I started off making do with really cheap stuff. I now have everything I need. I enjoy photography so whatever money it brings in is a bonus.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellow bros,

Lets say if yoiu have $50k, what business would you set up ?

So dear bros, please suggest what you will do if you have $50k cash. It is not a big sum, but ...... i want to do something instead of gambling this money away.

Thank you.

Since you're already a YELLOW Ribbon I guess this cannot get any more yellower so why don't use $50K and like an Ah Long use as loans and charge 20% int each week to debtors for it!

Imagine the returns, each week $10k:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since you're already a YELLOW Ribbon I guess this cannot get any more yellower so why don't use $50K and like an Ah Long use as loans and charge 20% int each week to debtors for it!

Imagine the returns, each week $10k:biggrin:
If dun stick to law then many options liao!
Ah Long, OKT, Bookie, Sell Contraband........

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
pls share the list of equipment u have, thanks

Bodies:

Nikon F4
Leica R7
Nikon D3
Nikon D4.
Olympus OMD-5
PhaseOne with IQ160 back.

Lenses
7mm to 14mm (for Olympus so x 2 for effective focal length)
24mm to 70mm zoom.
14mm to 24mm zoom
70mm to 300mm zoom
50mm prime.
85mm prime
80mm prime (for phase one)
150mm macro (for phase one)

Studio lighting
Profoto D1 Air x2
Interfit x 2

Eizo ColorEdge CG241W monitor

Epson 3800 A2 printer.

All sorts of other stuff accumulated over the years eg flash units, ring flash, sekonic exposure meters, soft boxes, reflectors, tripods, etc