• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plastic models anyone?

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya anybody out there interested in plastic modeling? As for me I stopped doing it for nearly 10years ( online game and work ). Recently I rekindered this hobby after my retirement and got too much time on my hand :smile: I am more into 1/72 and 1/700 scale stuff. Some of my working friends who shared this interest recommended me to Star Gek and that few others which I will list below. Please forgive me if I can't remember the name as age is catching up and I never bother the names but more on its location. I am into WW2 stuff mostly german infantry and tanks.
1. Morgans/Hobby Bounties ( Katong Shopping Center )
This is where I get those hard to get brands like Hat, Bum, Airfix and Ceasar. This is my 1st hobby store during my schooling days in St, Pats :P Still remember the former boss lady Jennifer :smile:

2. Star Gek ( Along Paya Lebar Rd )
This is a sole agent for tamiya would pop by once in a while to get new tamiya stuff but other than that nah. This brand getting too expansive for this retired old man.

3. Miniature Hobby ( Formerly in Marina Mall now at Trivex Ind Bld #14-16 one rd behind Lor Chuan MRT )
Sometimes pop in to grab my Italari, Dragon and Revell 1/72 German tanks.

4. Forgot Name ( 5th floor of Tiong Baruh Plaza. Escalator can't go up need to take the lift)
Nice collection of Gundum, 1/700 ships and 1/72 Hasegawa planes. They used to have a shop at Bishan but they moved to Tiong Baruh Plaza. Think the original boss sold the business away don't see him around anymore :( His wife very young and sexy :p

5. Forgot Name ( Top Floor of Penisular Hotel shopping arcade )
I usually pop by there to buy Vellageo paints and mini art diromas. Have not been there for nearly 2yrs as they made this policy that inorder to buy the paints I must buy 1 of their models ( made me a little pissed )

6. Orchard Store ( Which 1? I know of 2. One formerly at Centerpoint and the other formerly at Phonex hotel )
Well.... I stop going there as the one formerly at Centerpoint brings in nothing new and everytime I ask will tell me what you see is what we got not bringing in new stuff and as for the one formerly from Phonex hotel usually the old man will say don't know.

7. Oh yes Time Capsue ( At Mallanium Walk. Now closed down )
They were dragon's sole agent but now closed down. Kind of pity thou used to get my Dragon stuff from there now have to hunt all over the place :(

BTW if anybody know where I can get Hasegawa Mini boxes and Revell 1/72 tanks please let me know :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
collector and assembler of model warships here. at one point, had over 36 battleship (not just warship) models on display in cabinets. all time favorite model is the bismarck and or tirpitz. most balanced and beautiful battleship imo. more graceful than yamato and musashi. iron duke is favorite dreadnought of ww1 era.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thinking of picking it up...but i have no patience to paint it nice nice..u noe lah..tamiya all grey plasticy...LOL

the prices of tamiya quite ex in singapore...i saw 1/700 yamato today..KNN 50 over bucks...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
warship models are typically molded in battleship grey. painting every titsy itsy bit will make it more authentic and nicer to look at. do not break parts from branch to paint, and do not paint decks and superstructure after assembly. hull can be painted after assembly. and paint with a couple of thin coats instead of one thick coat.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
warship models are typically molded in battleship grey. painting every titsy itsy bit will make it more authentic and nicer to look at. do not break parts from branch to paint, and do not paint decks and superstructure after assembly. hull can be painted after assembly. and paint with a couple of thin coats instead of one thick coat.

meaning to say, u paint first then assemble?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
meaning to say, u paint first then assemble?

yes, for parts that are extremely tiny and difficult to reach after assembly, you need to paint first. for example, guns, turrets, masts, directional finders, funnels, range finder, radar, life boats, tenders, spotter planes, cranes, propellers, anchors, etc. decks are normally in layers, and they need to be painted before assembly. only the hull is fully exposed, and can paint that after assembly. for tiny parts, do not break off before painting as it's easier to paint them while they are still intact on branch molding. beware also not to paint entire part. section that is glued is best left unpainted.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah! eatshit your advice very good and clear for me usually I like to build aircraft carriers and helicopter carriers. The only battleship i got is the USS Arizona 1/358 tamiya. Used to have another called the Yamato but damage it during shifting to my new house :( Very hard now a days to find Revell aircraft carriers mostly buying from trumpeter or dragon.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah! eatshit your advice very good and clear for me usually I like to build aircraft carriers and helicopter carriers. The only battleship i got is the USS Arizona 1/358 tamiya. Used to have another called the Yamato but damage it during shifting to my new house :( Very hard now a days to find Revell aircraft carriers mostly buying from trumpeter or dragon.

it's a shrinking hobby here where i am, and it's getting expensive. revell is scarce, airfix is almost non-existent. tamiya has most models available. i have the arizona too. have a missouri, north carolina and south dakota. the ark royal is a good keepsake. hms nelson and sister ship rodney have all main guns midship and in the bow section (no aft turrets), wierdest battleships of ww2. haven't assembled the prince of wales yet, but the king george v looks almost the same (sister ship). into collecting jap ships now. extremely difficult to find jap carriers. have all german ww2 capital ships from airfix - prinz eugen, scharnhorst, gneisenau, bismarck, tirpitz, and all the pocket battleships. hms hood is my 1st model.

Last edited:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are looking for airfix I think you should approach Hobby bounties / Morgans at katong Shopping Center they are airfix's sole agent in SG :smile:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro1.
) Morgans/Hobby Bounties ( Katong Shopping Center )
This is where I get those hard to get brands like Hat, Bum, Airfix and Ceasar. This is my 1st hobby store during my schooling days in St, Pats :P Still remember the former boss lady Jennifer
Jennifer left the company fews year back the boss name is Peter nice guy friendly still getting moddel from him2. Star Gek ( Along Paya Lebar Rd )
2) This is a sole agent for tamiya would pop by once in a while to get new tamiya stuff but other than that nah. This brand getting too expansive for this retired old man.
Jap Yen to strong, but timiya tank model are still the best.
3) Miniature Hobby ( Formerly in Marina Mall now at Trivex Ind Bld #14-16 one rd behind Lor Chuan MRT )
Sometimes pop in to grab my Italari, Dragon and Revell 1/72 German tanks.
Tks for the update wil go there see see
4) Forgot Name ( 5th floor of Tiong Baruh Plaza. Escalator can't go up need to take the lift)
Nice collection of Gundum, 1/700 ships and 1/72 Hasegawa planes. They used to have a shop at Bishan but they moved to Tiong Baruh Plaza. Think the original boss sold the business away don't see him around anymore His wife very young and sexy.
Address 302 Tiong Bahru Road #05-05, they have a shop at suntec city confirm on 10-Sept 2011.
5)Forgot Name ( Top Floor of Penisular Hotel shopping arcade )
I usually pop by there to buy Vellageo paints and mini art diromas. Have not been there for nearly 2yrs as they made this policy that inorder to buy the paints I must buy 1 of their models ( made me a little pissed )
Are they still in business please drop me a PM.
6) Orchard Store ( Which 1? I know of 2. One formerly at Centerpoint and the other formerly at Phonex hotel )
Well.... I stop going there as the one formerly at Centerpoint brings in nothing new and everytime I ask will tell me what you see is what we got not bringing in new stuff and as for the one formerly from Phonex hotel usually the old man will say don't know.
The shop at CP has change to Orchard Hotel and the Phonex hotel change Hotel Grand Central
7) Oh yes Time Capsue ( At Mallanium Walk. Now closed down )
They were dragon's sole agent but now closed down. Kind of pity thou used to get my Dragon stuff from there now have to hunt all over the place
8) You can try 91 Bencoolen St, Sunshine Plaza #01-58, Singapore 189652.

I notice buying model from China web-ssite are still cheaper if you buy in bulk, I got 3 cupboard full of tank and plane, my half NAG NAG like mad, but still buy buy keep keep. intend to make them when I retired.
Please share with me an other lobang yu have.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is hobby bounties they still around, please let me know.

Yup hobby bounties still around. Infact I went there today and got a matchbox M1A1 today. Thats all the lobang I have which stall do u got to to get yur models? I tried Ebay a few times got mix results. Sometimes parts got damage , decals missing or parts missing. The worst was got 1 that was opened and half fixed :( U got any extra 1/72 WW2 german tanks that u want to sell? I m looking for some tiger 1s and panthers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the largest hobby model shop near where i live is sheldons hobbies in the bay area. will be there today to check on latest warship models available. may find the varyag, hopefully in the latest cheap chinese imitation version. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in terms of selection, trumpeter has most models than any in the ww2 warship 1/700th scale category. there is even a model kit for the ussr varyag.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
the largest hobby model shop near where i live is sheldons hobbies in the bay area. will be there today to check on latest warship models available. may find the varyag, hopefully in the latest cheap chinese imitation version. :biggrin:

Can u please post the address for sheldons hobbies please? Have not heard of that place. What brands do they carry? Oh NVM u r in the US hehe tot u were in SG.

Last edited: