• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"When you're a billionaire...people will lay down for you,"

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

Son of Former Microsoft CEO Opens Up About Growing Up Rich​

Pete Ballmer, son of ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, said that having a famous billionaire father was not "something that I made a part of my identity"​

Former Microsoft CEO & LA Clippers owner Steve Ballmar visits Your World With Neil Cavuto on at FOX Business Studios November 14, 2019 in New York, United States.

Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer . Photo:
Steven Ferdman/Getty

Published on March 2, 2024 12:54PM EST
  • Pete Ballmer, the son of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, said in a podcast that he wasn't fully comfortable growing up rich and having a famous tech CEO as a father
  • "It's not something that I made a part of my identity," he said during the Feb. 13 episode of the Cash Cuties podcast
  • However, the 29-year-old stand-up comedian acknowledged his privilege and said "people will lay down for you" when you're a billionaire
Peter Ballmer, son of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, is speaking candidly about what it was like to grow up wealthy.

The former project manager turned stand-up comedian, 29, admitted on a recent episode of the Cash Cuties podcast that he was "deeply uncomfortable” with having a famous billionaire father.

"It was not something that I wanted to be a part of who I was,” he said in the Feb. 13 episode. "It's not something that I made a part of my identity."

Steve Ballmer, who led Microsoft from 2000 to 2014 after Bill Gates stepped down from the position, currently has an estimated net worth of over $122 billion, according to Forbes.

Still, Pete said his parents kept him and his brother's childhoods relatively normal, and said he drove his dad's old 1998 Lincoln vehicle and received a $10 weekly allowance as a kid.

"They didn't grow up with money," he said, noting that his parents had the idea that they "don't want to be wasteful with money" and "don't want to spend if we don't have to."

But because everyone knew who his dad was, he faced some challenges.

"There was one time after a lacrosse game in seventh grade [that] somehow the entire other team knew who I was," he said. As the opposing team members said "good game" and gave each other a handshake, Pete said they told him, "Apple is better."

But Pete also got candid about his privilege, describing how his family once went on a trip to visit the Statue of Liberty in New York City and had access to an exclusive lunch as others waited in line to order food.

"When you're a billionaire...people will lay down for you," he remarked.

By college and his early 20s, Pete noted that people still knew who he was, but "way less so," which gave him the ability to avoid being linked with his dad. When he first started doing stand-up in college, he said he went by the stage name "Pete Bronson” to try and distance himself.

The comedian has been able to reap some of the benefits of his wealth, though, including tipping off his dad to buy the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team and chances to meet former presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

As far as his current financial situation, Pete says he mostly spends money on Ubers, DoorDash and even on "conveniences" like flight change fees.

Still, the comedian pointed out one “funny” comment he gets when people tell him he’s going to be “really rich one day.”

“I'm like, ‘Yeah, are you asking me if I'm going to be excited about my parents dying?’" he quipped.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coolie gene Sinkies are always so jealous when rich people having a good time. Retards should know by now that you cannot be rich by waiting for cdc vouchers.