• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Marcos

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Philippine is used to be one of the richest country in Asia.
Democracy, corruption, arrogancy etc have brought them to "poor" status now. Even Vietnam will overtake The Philippine in the near future.
Philippinos feel more proud if they can work abroad, in Singapore the Middle East, America. If you were Pinoy which will you prefer? Freedom but poor or Rich but oppressive?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Ma

They pay their govt officials and minister poor, thats why corruption is rampant there.
The same thing will happen to us if we pay our ministers poorly and you and your children will be working in Phillipines, Vietnam or China one day as maids n construction workers.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Re: Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Ma

i think your thread title is not correct la ah Ron. They could have been one of the richest when he initially took over but as the years went by and

corruption became rife at the highest levels, the country couldnt survive. At the tail end of his watch it had become very poor .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Philippines' democracy allows them to protest. So its like a past time to protest for amything. They just love to protest.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

haha some protests are against protesters ....shit now i'm confused :eek:

Philippines' democracy allows them to protest. So its like a past time to protest for amything. They just love to protest.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Democracy, corruption, arrogancy etc have brought them to "poor" status now. Even Vietnam will overtake The Philippine in the near future.
Philippinos feel more proud if they can work abroad, in Singapore the Middle East, America. If you were Pinoy which will you prefer? Freedom but poor or Rich but oppressive?

I've mentioned many times over that democracy does not put food on the table. Good leadership does.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think your thread title is not correct la ah Ron. They could have been one of the richest when he initially took over but as the years went by and

corruption became rife at the highest levels, the country couldnt survive. At the tail end of his watch it had become very poor .
Indonesia also what... look at what they've become....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

This country spent 200 years in a Spanish convent and the 60 years in an Amercan amusment park. All they ever learnt to do is sing and dance, and not that good at these either I must add. They can't even cook a presentable dish. And have taken Christianity back to the Dark Ages. If I were Pinoy, I'd illegally emigrate to Sabah.

Cheers!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

correct ....but recently i hear that this present president is trying his best to address some of these issues. He knows he cant wipe them out but he is

being proactive in catching and throwing the book at some of these culprits.

Indonesia also what... look at what they've become....

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

correct ....but recently i hear that this present president is trying his best to address some of these issues. He knows he cant wipe them out but he is

Corruption at the custom are lesser liao, they dun dare to take kopi $$$ anymore... especially the old guards, young one sometimes will.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

if he can take a big step towards lessening corruption.. then Indonesia can rise quite rapidly in the near future .....of course terrorism has got to be

kept in check too.

Corruption at the custom are lesser liao, they dun dare to take kopi $$$ anymore... especially the old guards, young one sometimes will.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

philippines become no money not because of democracy but because Marcos cause rich ppl to flee the country when he jailed businessmen for supporting his polictical opponents. Marcos nationalised many businesses and put those profit into his own pockets. The funny thing is the marcos wife still free to spend marcos ill gotten gains up to now speak volume of philippines judiary system.

The new guy wayanging only, it business as usual for the elites and the common ppl get screwed left right centre. Like what you see here, kenna screwed by the govt still can fiercely patriotic. And having the church have huge influence does not help the common ppl cause.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've mentioned many times over that democracy does not put food on the table. Good leadership does.

And LKY system of running things, let you buy one loaf of bread to put on the table and he takes all leaving 2 slices for you and your family.

Well, if that is what you termed as demorcacy, go for it! LOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look, ppl here are not stupid.

If the entire system like phillipines has rotted to this exend there is no way to fix it except to nuke the entire country and start with only two breeding pairs to re-populated again! LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Well, if that is what you termed as demorcacy, go for it! LOL

LKY was not a democracy. LKY represented good leadership. He didn't just put "bread" on my table. He enabled me to start a "bread factory" plus he gave me EDB grants and cheap labour in order to expand. I am forever grateful.

choirboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

now sinkies has more than enough food on the table, they want to change their leader.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

now sinkies has more than enough food on the table, they want to change their leader.

Welcome to the forum. Very gutsy post for a virgin post. Enjoy your stay :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY was not a democracy. LKY represented 'good' leadership. He didn't just put "chickens" on my table. He enabled me to start a "chicken factory" plus he gave me EDB grants ( meaning entry for your chickens) and cheap chickens in order to expand. I am forever grateful.

I think there are some corrections that you should note for being grateful to LKY then. LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I think there are some corrections that you should note for being grateful to LKY then. LOL

Never had anything to do with a chicken farm in my life. :rolleyes:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should ask sinkies the same question!