• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Marcos

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Ma

i think your thread title is not correct la ah Ron. They could have been one of the richest when he initially took over but as the years went by and

corruption became rife at the highest levels, the country couldnt survive. At the tail end of his watch it had become very poor .

He is correct. It was the richest country in South East Asia once upon a time. I think it was a few years before Marcos though....

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Re: Philippine was the richest country in South-East Asia under dictator President Ma

when marcos took over they were already doing well.He managed to sustain it briefly until corruption took its toll. The filipino diaspora started as

early as the 60s when many professionals left the country to work elsewhere....including singapore.

He is correct. It was the richest country in South East Asia once upon a time. I think it was a few years before Marcos though....

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the early 1970s, many of our early IT professionals were trained by Filipinos. Remenbered my uncle has to travel to Manila for training...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

correct....many sinkies went to manila for training in many fields during the 60s ...they were ahead of us in many areas

In the early 1970s, many of our early IT professionals were trained by Filipinos. Remenbered my uncle has to travel to Manila for training...

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm apathetic towards democracy but the tenuous link between democracy and poverty that RonRon trotted out must be addressed. Look at this list: List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita. How many non-democracies can you find in the top 10? And where the fuck is Singapore btw? You idiots talk about leadership. How much leadership does it take to turn a blind eye to money laundering? Is it even possible for a tiny tax haven to be poor? How sure are you idiots that the contributions of the PAP were commensurate with the relative success of Singapore? Go on. Prove me wrong :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

philippines become no money not because of democracy but because Marcos cause rich ppl to flee the country when he jailed businessmen for supporting his polictical opponents. Marcos nationalised many businesses and put those profit into his own pockets. The funny thing is the marcos wife still free to spend marcos ill gotten gains up to now speak volume of philippines judiary system.

The new guy wayanging only, it business as usual for the elites and the common ppl get screwed left right centre. Like what you see here, kenna screwed by the govt still can fiercely patriotic. And having the church have huge influence does not help the common ppl cause.

I doubt that there will be an improvement in the Philippines even with an honest gov't. The whole country is owned by the powerful families & they all have guns.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

ya bro...the rot is too deeply entrenched

I doubt that there will be an improvement in the Philippines even with an honest gov't. The whole country is owned by the powerful families & they all have guns.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ya bro...the rot is too deeply entrenched

Unfortunately I suspect the same problem exists in Spore. Even with the death of LKY the powers behind the PAP will still hold the $$$ & influence. So I doubt much will change..

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Indonesia also what... look at what they've become....

Even Thailand too. When Thaksin was in power, Thailand was doing well. It just even downhill after the coup....